Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
What a wasted read. Nothing but continued wild speculations. Rivian is so behind it does not warrant trying to guess when actual production will begin in earnest. Hand building a few a week to claim deliveries have started is just plain stupid but that is about the size of it.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Have you ever tried asking a salesperson at a car dealership about a new model that isn’t in their showroom yet?

That’s what I was referring to.
Are you for real? I'd pretty sure that every vehicle manufacturer has released EPA numbers for a vehicle that is supposed to begin deliveries within next 14 days.

Well, maybe not Coda...

Rivian R1T R1S 1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today tenor

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Just to be clear, I think this thread is due to a miscommunication. They couldn't possibly need to revise delivery start guidance issued just 45 days ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Just to be clear, I think this thread is due to a miscommunication. They couldn't possibly need to revise delivery start guidance issued just 45 days ago.
What do you believe to be the miscommunication?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I am a little curious if they were told R1S deliveries are delayed, and your guide misheard or misunderstood the announcement.

We shall see. ?‍♂

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Not sure, my dude. If what you're stating is accurate, it's likely something on their side. I have no way to verify anything you're saying or have been told.

One thing I can say is that I was at one time a PM implementing multi-million dollar drug picking robots in hospital pharmacies. I had a bunch of groups that I worked with to make this happen, one of which was the training team. The training team had this girl on it who was objectively terrible - let's call her Kelly. Kelly was a dumbass. Kelly would randomly throw shit out despite knowing it not to be true. It was her, "opinion" and the customer, "deserved to know" whatever idiotic thing that Kelly was going on about. I put Kelly on a plane to go back to HQ - twice. Kelly was later let go, thankfully.

Now I'm not saying that you talked to Kelly or that Rivian somehow has found Kelly and started employing her. I'm just saying that it just seems a bit off, ya know? And for all Rivian's comms terribleness, this seems magnitudes larger.

Also, all they need to do is deliver two vehicles this month to call it mission accomplished.

Obligatory:
Rivian R1T R1S 1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today image4061139x

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Are you for real? I'd pretty sure that every vehicle manufacturer has released EPA numbers for a vehicle that is supposed to begin deliveries within next 14 days.

Well, maybe not Coda...

tenor.gif
to be honest the only thing holding me back from making a reservation is the lack of EPA numbers for different whee/tire configurations. It will happen eventually. I’m just glad I didn’t get into this waiting game in 2018 like some of you ??

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
to be honest the only thing holding me back from making a reservation is the lack of EPA numbers for different whee/tire configurations. It will happen eventually. I’m just glad I didn’t get into this waiting game in 2018 like some of you ??
Out of curiosity, why is that holding you back? No judgment.

Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Out of curiosity, why is that holding you back? No judgment.
I just want to know how much of a hit range will take with the AT or sport wheels. 20 miles is nothing. 50-60 may bother me

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I just want to know how much of a hit range will take with the AT or sport wheels. 20 miles is nothing. 50-60 may bother me
Fair. The uncertainty just isn't worth sitting the pre-order cost till we get EPA values (not that order date seems to mean much)?

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Fair. The uncertainty just isn't worth sitting the pre-order cost till we get EPA values (not that order date seems to mean much)?
May go with something else too. ?‍♂ Don’t really want to deal with refunds and all that crap. I doubt another month will make a difference with a delivery date. Plus I live in MN, which doesn’t seem to have any service centers coming. Could be another 3 years before I see the truck ?

StevieD

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM Longhorn, Cancelled R1T Reservation
Occupation
Retired - Living the Dream!
I hope you are correct.
Under promising and over delivering is exactly just that. IMHO continued promising and not delivering is an entirely different matter even when deliveries finally start!

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
I think the OPs statement is likely correct. Many of us were in the camp that deliveries were not likely to happen in any substantive way months ago. Given the "over promises" I think very likely RJ would address...as he is the face of the company.

Besides the chip shortage...there are likely many other factors for the delay.

I'm not even convinced the final specs, software, certifications, is complete yet. If it was...why not show off your final product? Why not have a show room so people can see it? Why not let people film the inside?

I hope that when finalized it will be a quality product that will come with excellent service. So if they keep delaying until the above is met then I think that speaks highly for the company.

I'm not ready to purchase this vehicle yet. I would never consider spending this much money on a new vehicle until it has been seen and reviewed. I think it is poor judgement to assume that "everything" will be fine? Why not wait and see? Blind loyalty to a company that has not sold a single vehicle is not what I consider good judgment...but to each his/her own.
Sponsored