Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

I don’t know if I have missed it but has anyone heard/seen anything about a Chicagoland Service Center? I am aware of the showroom.
Sponsored

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
For Arizona that Phoenix address is for some law firm that that is doing state paperwork for them, they are listed as agents for Rivian.

1625361957003.png

I have been to Whitman and it is the Toyota test track, still owned by Toyota and Rivian is renting from them. Probably a long term agreement. Here is a picture of the entry.

Wittman.jpg
I went out there years ago to try to get a peek
Like aera 51 no way
Lol
But I applied for test driver have 0 qualifications lol
They said many companies lease the Toyota property
The aera 51 for auto manufacturers
When I went I did see a F150 leaving
Way back in the Denver event RJ told me you would be surprised how many test Mules are out there with F150 bodies on them
So those newbies and those who don't know the Skateboard has been in use even back when they only had 1 R1T to show off

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Google maps shows this to be a one-mile drive from the Oregon Capitol building and I know many State offices are closer yet, so it makes sense that it would be the site for a "registered agent". I agree that it wouldn't be slated for any vehicle-related activities.
I would think that Rivian would site their service center in the area with the highest population, Portland, unless pre-order delivery addresses are further down the valley.

I'll just throw this out. I'm an electrician. I work for EC Electric. At a recent company meeting, I heard that EC has a contract with Rivian to install charge stations. I didn't get any details, but in addition to Portland, EC has offices in Albany and Renton.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I would think that Rivian would site their service center in the area with the highest population, Portland, unless pre-order delivery addresses are further down the valley.

I'll just throw this out. I'm an electrician. I work for EC Electric. At a recent company meeting, I heard that EC has a contract with Rivian to install charge stations. I didn't get any details, but in addition to Portland, EC has offices in Albany and Renton.
I'm pretty certain that the service center will be in the PDX area. From the prior comments, the Salem location is likely the address of the "Registered Agent". I don't know if that implies "lobbyist" or just the address for the person holding our license to do business in Oregon. There may be a few Rivians heading to folks in the mid-valley or further South, but most of the folks in the Forums seem to be from the Portland area.

Then again, what do I know? I assumed Bezos was going to invite me to go into space with him. But NOOOOO!!! He had to go and invite his brother! I mean really?! Thanks a lot, Rocket Boy!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm pretty certain that the service center will be in the PDX area. From the prior comments, the Salem location is likely the address of the "Registered Agent". I don't know if that implies "lobbyist" or just the address for the person holding our license to do business in Oregon.
A registered agent is usually as simple as a company that will accept process service on your behalf. That often just means they forward mail or couriered documents to you, including things like notice that someone is suing you, a subpoena to produce records, etc.

Most states require a local presence for those things in order for you to do business. “Foreign” (in this case just meaning out of state) businesses don’t want to pay staff and rent for an office just for that, so they pay another company to be their “registered agent” in the state. It looks like Rivian uses CT Corporate Systems, which is one of the big global services for this stuff. CT has locations in every state and probably hundreds of international locations as well, which makes it really simple.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
A registered agent is usually as simple as a company that will accept process service on your behalf. That often just means they forward mail or couriered documents to you, including things like notice that someone is suing you, a subpoena to produce records, etc.

Most states require a local presence for those things in order for you to do business. “Foreign” (in this case just meaning out of state) businesses don’t want to pay staff and rent for an office just for that, so they pay another company to be their “registered agent” in the state. It looks like Rivian uses CT Corporate Systems, which is one of the big global services for this stuff. CT has locations in every state and probably hundreds of international locations as well, which makes it really simple.
You will also often see attorneys listed as the registered agent, especially for LLC’s. The reason for this is that it provides a level of anonymity/obfuscation for the underlying beneficial owners of the LLC. If you don’t want people (including the government) knowing who owns that LLC, having an attorney as your registered agent provides an extra layer of protection via attorney-client privilege.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Autolycus,

Great explanations by both you and Greg. I know this location will serve as a formality for doing business in the state. I was really trying to respond to an earlier suggestion that permits for this Salem operation may portend a vehicle service center. Salem is simply the state's capital and Portland will likely be the hub for any service or sales operations for Rivian. Given the protective legislation that the Washington Auto Dealers' Association has put into place in their state, there may be a chance that Rivian's Sales operation for the Pacific Northwest needs to be in Portland, but time will tell with all of these issues.

Thanks again for the explanation!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Autolycus,

Great explanations by both you and Greg. I know this location will serve as a formality for doing business in the state. I was really trying to respond to an earlier suggestion that permits for this Salem operation may portend a vehicle service center. Salem is simply the state's capital and Portland will likely be the hub for any service or sales operations for Rivian. Given the protective legislation that the Washington Auto Dealers' Association has put into place in their state, there may be a chance that Rivian's Sales operation for the Pacific Northwest needs to be in Portland, but time will tell with all of these issues.

Thanks again for the explanation!
Rivian does not yet have a Dealers License in Oregon showing on the DMV inquiry page, but have filled jobs (service techs, Delivery, etc) for their "Portland, Oregon" location with one still open for what amounts to a lot attendant.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Denver issued a final zoning permit for Rivian's location at 3893 Steele Street. Looks like this location will be used as a repair facility and a sales showroom where customers can order vehicles, although no vehicles will be stored on site for sale like a dealership. It does look Rivian will deliver vehicles for sale at this site. They will also do routine maintenance, but not major repairs. It also appears they will do repairs for Amazon vans at this site as well.
I swung over on the weekend to see if there was any noticeable activity or improvements. Unfortunately, didn't look like any work had started yet...Hopefully soon.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Has there been any new info regarding the Portland, OR facilities?

Sponsored

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
I swung over on the weekend to see if there was any noticeable activity or improvements. Unfortunately, didn't look like any work had started yet...Hopefully soon.
It was a Holiday
I wouldn't expect anything at that time
I will be going there soon

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Florida ... please, info regarding Florida. I'm starting to feel like I'm at a desert regarding Rivian and this state o_O

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Florida ... please, info regarding Florida. I'm starting to feel like I'm at a desert regarding Rivian and this state o_O
Looks like several positions have been filled in Tampa and Miami pertaining to service/delivery so definitely on their roadmap.