Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
That's one of the better looks at Ocean Coast that I've seen. Full daylight, no color issues from the tint in the car's glass, etc. I think it's a much better color than a pure white. I'm still not convinced that light maple color was the best choice for the wood panels though. I think the interior could use a little more warmth.

I've generally avoided super dark seats ever since I had a charcoal grey car that would get so hot in the summer sun that it would take 10 minutes of AC before I could safely sit in it to drive, even with fold up shades in the windows. Maybe any color seat would have been as bad, but the memory is hard to get over!

Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
That's one of the better looks at Ocean Coast that I've seen. Full daylight, no color issues from the tint in the car's glass, etc. I think it's a much better color than a pure white. I'm still not convinced that light maple color was the best choice for the wood panels though. I think the interior could use a little more warmth.

I've generally avoided super dark seats ever since I had a charcoal grey car that would get so hot in the summer sun that it would take 10 minutes of AC before I could safely sit in it to drive, even with fold up shades in the windows. Maybe any color seat would have been as bad, but the memory is hard to get over!
Just in case you haven't seen my post about the 3M Crystalline window tint, drive over to "The Tint Guy" in Woodstock, GA, and take a look/feel of the display on the wall showing the difference in temperature of regular glass vs regular tinted glass vs Crystalline tinted glass. You can feel the heat from the Infrared lamp on the non-Crystalline treated, and it will probably burn your hand if you leave it there long enough. With the Crystalline treatment, the heat is barely perceptible. I have driven from Columbus to Woodstock to get this on all my electric vehicles so far, and will plan to do again for my white/ocean coast LE R1T. It is the closest 3M dealership, and they have done an excellent job for me in the past. When driving an EV, less energy needed to cool the cabin equates to longer range. Until the DCFC network is more complete, road trips still require some extra planning, and whatever you can do to increase range, do it.

Still hanging on to my wife's charcoal/black RAV4 until the DCFC infrastructure is more complete, but have exactly the same experience in it...the black steering wheel will burn your hands.

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Few more from what seems to be Rivian employees posting pics

D8890C97-28EA-4ED6-8E27-D93415272213.jpeg

F2D18C7B-7EBC-42E0-AD67-41D550D2E004.jpeg

9BB4FF8D-63FB-4574-A9A7-287478EBCF78.jpeg

359DEA1A-D6AB-40D4-8A2F-FA2A20A4B6A6.jpeg

72876904-E5FE-49CE-BC9B-7D5A64C0FA49.jpeg
A few observations:

1. The OC looks a lot more grey than white which is great IMO.
2. What’s with the hole on the steering column? Is it missing another stalk?
3. You can see the pull tab for the under-seat storage which I had not noticed on other pics yet.

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
A few observations:

3. You can see the pull tab for the under-seat storage which I had not noticed on other pics yet.
that hole could have be a standard hole for moving the steering wheel. my F150 had a D-pad in that exact location. im assuming by now they have it integrated into the center console. Obviously just a guess from experience.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Can't tell for sure but the floor in the OC interior pics above appears to be covered in a more traditional automotive carpet material which is different from this which is what I recall seeing in person. Hopefully just a pre-production thing and not representative of a material change in the finished product.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
that hole could have be a standard hole for moving the steering wheel. my F150 had a D-pad in that exact location. im assuming by now they have it integrated into the center console. Obviously just a guess from experience.
The early prototypes had three stalks. The hole is because Rivian has removed one of them. I assume they're burning through their first casting of column covers, and I would guess the design will be updated for production to remove the hole.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Early prototypes had a stalk in that location. There were actually 2 on each side as well as paddles and it appears the lower stalks and paddles will either be associated with options or eliminated in production.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

A few observations:

That is where the stalk was for ADAS. Not sure where moved it to.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

A few observations:

1. Ocean Coast was never white. It is definitely more grey.
2. Per other posts, both lower stalks are gone. The left was for Driver+ and the other was for Ride height adjustments.
3. There used to be nice handles for the under-seat drawers similar to the "OH CRAP" handles. Hopefully they bring those back for the production model.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
The prototype posted seems to be a hodgepodge of parts. The interior pleather and front dash wood is ocean coast, but the center console wood/trim as well as the trim around the wood of the dashboard appears to be that of Black Mountain.

While I love that there's finally some interior photos coming out, I wouldn't read too much into this particular example. It also probably explains why everyone has been told they aren't yet allowed to take photos of the interior when the mules are being spotted out and about.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
The prototype posted seems to be a hodgepodge of parts. The interior pleather and front dash wood is ocean coast, but the center console wood/trim as well as the trim around the wood of the dashboard appears to be that of Black Mountain.

While I love that there's finally some interior photos coming out, I wouldn't read too much into this particular example. It also probably explains why everyone has been told they aren't yet allowed to take photos of the interior when the mules are being spotted out and about.
Agreed... if you go to the actual instagram post, first picture is an exterior shot of an R1S. The driver side rear door, has a "Launch Green" door handle... Wait, or Forest Green...
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos IMG_2186
Sponsored