tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

…now can anyone find a sister site near DC…
Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
IMG_2734.jpg

More activity at the Bellevue site! If this doesn't qualify as a (literal) ribbon cutting, I'm not sure what does. Sorry for the poor quality, had to snap the picture quickly.

Great timing! Nice to have caught this moment!!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
IMG_2734.jpg

More activity at the Bellevue site! If this doesn't qualify as a (literal) ribbon cutting, I'm not sure what does. Sorry for the poor quality, had to snap the picture quickly.
OKAY!! Let's get this show on the ROAD!! :clap:
Thanks AdamL & others for these updates!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Shoot...if they would have told us about it, and invited us, we'd have all been there cheering them on!! :handsinair::party:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

…now can anyone find a sister site near DC…

Sadly I have not seen or viewed any registration details of a facility around here and I have been looking.

Sponsored

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Sadly I have not seen or viewed any registration details of a facility around here and I have been looking.
Do we have a known list of service centers under construction? Maybe this is where the Cox Automotive relationship comes into play? Maybe Rivian hired techs work from existing garages?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
IMG_2734.jpg

My wife told me last night that she drove by and there were computers and other equipment inside and it looks basically done (oh hey, ribbon cutting). Great timing.

Surprised we don't see DCFC chargers up there though.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Looks initially like all you would need for basic service and nothing more. Standard Hunter Laser Alignment Racks, Clipper Creek L2 chargers, and Hunter Tire Balance Machines. I am sure they need/waiting a lot more equipment but good to see quality machines being used.

Hoping they genuinely do not wait for areas to get service centers to deliver cars. I think it would be unfortunate for those who are eager but can see the need for brand image in the event anything ever happens with Quality control on vehicles.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Looks initially like all you would need for basic service and nothing more. Standard Hunter Laser Alignment Racks, Clipper Creek L2 chargers, and Hunter Tire Balance Machines. I am sure they need/waiting a lot more equipment but good to see quality machines being used.

Hoping they genuinely do not wait for areas to get service centers to deliver cars. I think it would be unfortunate for those who are eager but can see the need for brand image in the event anything ever happens with Quality control on vehicles.
Based on how careful and controlled Rivian has been doing things, I highly doubt we'll see deliveries until all the major cities they mentioned in a previous post: LA, SF, NY, Chicago, Detroit and Seattle, have their service centers ready to go day one. I don't see them delivering vehicles then customers having problems/questions/needs and there not being a service center ready and able to assist. That would bring a lot of negative press on them which I don't think they want to risk. So seems like they'd rather risk a bunch of frustrated customers waiting for info, waiting for delivery than launch and then trip up because of service/support.