Sponsored

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
lol you're all insufferable, demanding information and then complaining when the company tells us when to expect what. Not knowing when more information is coming is a very frustrating experience and a company listening to that feedback and setting expectations is not behavior that's worthy of this amount of complaining.

Listen, I get it, I also want more info. I've had a reservation since 2018 (#3174) and I was also moving from "excited" to "worried" last week. But when the company sets good expectations, I'm not about to be here complaining about it.

Last edited:

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
lol you're all insufferable, demanding information and then complaining when the company tells us when to expect what. Not knowing when more information is coming is a very frustrating experience and a company listening to that feedback and setting expectations is not behavior that's worthy of this amount of complaining.
Preach. On Friday after Rivian’s tweet, I came to this thread and saw people like @peashooter immediately complaining and people saying it’s not enough. Laughed out loud at that and then closed these forums for the rest of the weekend.

Do you people even stop to think about how you sound?
  1. You complain that you don’t get enough info drops about the truck.
  2. Then, Rivian hears you and they literally say “hey, we’ll give you info you want next week.”
  3. Then immediately after that announcement you complain it’s not enough info and not coming soon enough?
Jesus Christ. Go outside. Or cancel your preorder, please, so I can get my R1T sooner.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Listen, I get it, I also want more info. I've had a reservation since 2018 (#3174) and I was also moving from "excited" to "worried" last week. But when the company sets good expectations, I'm not about to be here complaining about it.
Carter,

Great first post! Looks like you've been here for 17 months in stealth mode. Way to dive in! I needed some time away from the Forums to find my reset button before coming back. While I love to joke (OK, sort of) about my phone being charged and ready to receive my call, I want my R1T to have all of the major bugs worked out before I go back to Normal to pick it up. Accordingly, I'm just enjoying all of the back and forth here as we wait.

Again, nice first dive into the deep end!

Last edited:

Peekaboo

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
How is it vague? They'll release the exact specifications this week. It's not like they've completely hidden the interior from us. Unlike your lord and saviour Elon Musk, rivian doesn't have to overhype/exaggerate just to boost the stock.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Monday - silent
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Monday - silent
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Past experience dictates it will be released either Thursday or Friday.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Past experience dictates it will be released either Thursday or Friday.
My guess is late Friday afternoon, after CS is closed, so everyone can evaluate it over the weekend, and CS will have their answers to our new questions ready for Monday.

Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
So, when are you cancelling your order so we can all move up 1 spot? Or are you just trolling these forums for your own amusement?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Here's my own 'real-life' experience presently ordering a 2021 F-150 Powerboost Hybrid. Sharing this to drive home the point so many have made that post-C19 impacts on the auto industry this year have been very dramatic.

Right now, predicting 8 months from dealer ordered to expected delivery. Their "truck guy" said that in a past typical year like 2019 even the most customized customer ordered F-150 rarely took more than 6-8 weeks to receive on the lot.

BTW - the period between "In Production" late April and the still floating (TBD) date for "Built" represents the time from it rolling off the production line and into the parking lot purgatory awaiting chips along with hundreds, maybe thousands of other trucks just sitting there in MI.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian will share details on R1T interior next week F150 Tracker.PNG

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner

Thank you for saying what needed to be said!!! It's been exhausting to sift through all the angst and the complaining for anything that was of any value or to continue the excitement around Rivian as a company, a brand, a lifestyle, a vehicle, etc... I've wanted to chime in here and there but already know its useless and gets us nowhere. I've accepted that people are going to be disappointed no matter what information is released, or when it's released, and there will still be people disappointed when they are in possession of their vehicle as well.

Love the energy though, I am here for it.
Sponsored