Sponsored

R1S Delivery Begins in August (Per Rivian Customer Service Today)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Two Forms of Thought Here, I contacted customer service just now again and they Re-iterated August. Maybe we should trust them but at this point they have not been transparent so IDK what to believe.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery Begins in August (Per Rivian Customer Service Today) 1622154734759

Someone pointed to some other information over on reddit from unverified sources. In any case, don't hold your breathe.
Sponsored

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
you should follow up with Rivian and let them know the experts have informed you that R1S delivery has been significantly delayed, now starting December 2021 and see what they say....

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
If you asked CS yesterday when R1T deliveries would be, as some people did, you'd get the now incorrect answer of "starting in June". Just a grain of salt.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery Begins in August (Per Rivian Customer Service Today) Capture+_2021-05-27-20-38-08(1)

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
My LE says my guide will reach out in November.

Sponsored

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Great if they can stay on track. They’ll have the next two months to figure out the kinks on the R1T and that will hopefully help to get the R1S quality better from the start. We’ve all been anxious leading up to this and overreacted a bit. If I can get a test drive in August or September and get in my R1S by November (have an early 2019 reservation) then I’ll be a happy camper…or probably more a drag racer going 0-60 in 3s…while my kids sit screaming in the back seats ?

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Since R1S was previously scheduled to be launched a month after R1T, with R1T now being delayed to September, would the R1S launch in turn be delayed to October or perhaps even later? I am guessing that non-LE R1Ts & R1Ss now won't begin delivery until spring of 2022 at the earliest.

I had ordered a R1S earlier this year, so I was not expecting one until late 2022 anyway. Would I now be looking at early 2023 at the earliest?

GR

Last edited:

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
I had ordered a R1S earlier this year, so I was not expecting one until late 2022 anyway. Would I now be looking at early 2023 at the earliest?

GR
The short, and entirely unsatisfying, answer that I can provide is that the timeline is entirely unknown. Others on this forum may have better insight.

The email from RJ/Rivian last week said this about Launch Edition (LE) deliveries: "the timing for the first deliveries of the R1T has shifted to September, with the R1S shortly thereafter in the fall". If you live near one of the major service centers (that are also still in development), then it's possible you could get a non-LE delivery before all the LE deliveries are complete. But that depends on how many non-LE order holders are in front of you, and other variables.

It would be great if you could get your delivery before 2023, but I'm not sure if there's enough information available to do anything other than speculate at this point.

Nice screen name, by the way.

Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
The short, and entirely unsatisfying, answer that I can provide is that the timeline is entirely unknown. Others on this forum may have better insight.

The email from RJ/Rivian last week said this about Launch Edition (LE) deliveries: "the timing for the first deliveries of the R1T has shifted to September, with the R1S shortly thereafter in the fall". If you live near one of the major service centers (that are also still in development), then it's possible you could get a non-LE delivery before all the LE deliveries are complete. But that depends on how many non-LE order holders are in front of you, and other variables.

It would be great if you could get your delivery before 2023, but I'm not sure if there's enough information available to do anything other than speculate at this point.

Nice screen name, by the way.
Thanks. I know the answer is no one knows (probably RJ doesn't either until actual delivery has begun). I am hoping the latest delay can be made up somewhat once Rivian gets a handle on production and ramps up the volume.

GR

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Does this count as a Rivian delivery…
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Delivery Begins in August (Per Rivian Customer Service Today) B6AD0169-5563-413B-9C39-B7079B88F7DB

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So I am guessing February of 2022 is when we will start seeing R1S SUV's and then everyone will be completed by June of 2022. I ordered may of 2019 so Im probably looking at March/April of 2022 if I had to have a "BEST" guess.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
So if LE R1T's got pushed back to September, but the R1S is still a go for next month? I smell shenanegans here/something doesn't add up ?
Sponsored