kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

There is no doubt they made it more select able, configurable and cheaper for those who want less and not all encompassed.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
And if I get my cybertruck first, my LE r1t order is likely getting cancelled. I got my ct order in the first minute they were available.
Assuming Rivian makes good on their current commitment, I think we'll see all the LE deliveries before CT deliveries begin. Keep in mind we still haven't seen a road-legal CT; not in person nor even a CGI render.

The real question is: will Rivian finally begin deliveries??

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
There is no doubt they made it more select able, configurable and cheaper for those who want less and not all encompassed.
I think the theory about not hitting mpg targets and trying to shed weight is plausible. It makes sense -- especially when Rivian has previously said they want to limit configuration permutations to simplify production.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Rivian had confirmed that deliveries would start June 2021. That is not true. They are now saying July 2021. Before it was End of 2020. Before it was also 400+ Range released first. These are details that they are releasing that they are not meeting.
So what's the alternative you'd like them to do? Deliver anyways when they're not ready?

It's 1 month of a delay for first deliveries – it's not like it's 6 months or a year. We have to watch and see how the production ramp goes. Their "all LE deliveries done by Spring 2022" statement doesn't automatically mean that the majority of the LE deliveries will occur in 2022. There could still be tons of deliveries done in 2021 yet and this forum could be filled with hundreds of posts and pics of real Rivian customers playing around with their cars.

I think honestly my main point is that we just have to wait and see how it goes. Speculation on the positive or negative side of things without any real facts or precedent to back them up is unhealthy and leads to self-inflicted disappointment. One day at a time. Let's start with the first deliveries in July and see how it goes from there.

I have a feeling that the tone of this forum will drastically change once July rolls around and we start seeing real customers posting on here with pics of their own deliveries. The tone will change to "So since he/she got their Rivian, now when is Rivian getting to MY delivery then!?"

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I don't want to throw chum in the water, but I did get a phone call from Rivian this morning asking me to make sure my address and options were updated on the website. Of course, I asked if she was a guide and could answer more questions and she was very clear to point out that she was not and could tell me nothing (except that guides were reaching out soon). I'm 8 miles away from the Bellevue, WA location and order number is 1234. I do have the voicemail she left me before I called back.
In all seriousness, super stoked for you man. We're waiting patiently at 19745. :)

Rivian R1T R1S New updates! July deliveries, August test drives, off road package now optional on Launch Edition, gear added to configurator 1622140180066

Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I don't want to throw chum in the water, but I did get a phone call from Rivian this morning asking me to make sure my address and options were updated on the website. Of course, I asked if she was a guide and could answer more questions and she was very clear to point out that she was not and could tell me nothing (except that guides were reaching out soon). I'm 8 miles away from the Bellevue, WA location and order number is 1234. I do have the voicemail she left me before I called back.
HOORAY ADAM!!! You may be the earliest Washingtonian to get your Riv!!! Keep us updated...PLEASE!! If they actually called you, then you are right up there. NICE!! I'm happy for you! :clap::rock: You are definitely in the sweet spot.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Well, it would cost about $30,000 to install a home battery back up system to match the functionality of the V2H option featured with Ford's Lightning; yet the $30k option has only 1/4 of the energy storage as the Lightning. I can't imagine anyone choosing Carplay over such a feature. Different folks, different strokes I guess.
This is my argument for getting the truck right now with my wife. Planned power shutoffs being a thing of the past and saving money every day just running off the truck vs inflated peak rates.

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
HOORAY ADAM!!! You may be the earliest Washingtonian to get your Riv!!! Keep us updated...PLEASE!! If they actually called you, then you are right up there. NICE!! I'm happy for you! :clap::rock: You are definitely in the sweet spot.
When I spoke to Nicole, she told me that they were confirming some of the personal info in order to line up the guides. That jives with another post from the museum zoom lunch and learn today where they were told that guide emails begin to go out tomorrow. I think (hope) that there will be quite a few people on this forum that might have a happy friday. Should be interesting.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
When I spoke to Nicole, she told me that they were confirming some of the personal info in order to line up the guides. That jives with another post from the museum zoom lunch and learn today where they were told that guide emails begin to go out tomorrow. I think (hope) that there will be quite a few people on this forum that might have a happy friday. Should be interesting.

My email refresh button thanks you. It can now have the rest of the day off...

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The CT will need to have the new 4680 Tesla batteries. That means they need to ramp up the new line to produce these. My feeling is we are still at least nine months to a year away from these batteries and the CT shipping in production.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Do you all think that the earliest deliveries will align with the cities that have been listed for test drives/tour stops? Based on AdamL's contact, it seems like it's a possibility that there's direct alignment.

Part of me also thinks that if the tour doesn't kick off until August, then maybe those cities won't be absolute first, but middle of the pack on deliveries.

Given my location, I'm still hopeful that the investment Rivian is making in the first RAN station and L2s at all state parks means Colorado is somewhere near the top. I mean, what's the point of having a RAN station up and running in Colorado if there are no Rivians in the state to charge at it?

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
I just found a few small changes to the interior today as well. I had screenshots of the configurator screen from a few months ago when I first reserved to compare to the updated ones from today.

I'm not saying these are all negative or positive (that's subjective), but here's what I saw:
  1. No more yellow buckle on the door panel pockets: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gunY5eW
  2. Floor mats are a different color/texture: https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXurZEDq
  3. Different color stitching on the steering wheel: https://share.getcloudapp.com/7KuoJ2ZR
  4. Different color/material used for the speaker grilles: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gunY5LB
    • Although, when looking at the backseat view they actually look to have changed from plastic to a metal in the new version: https://share.getcloudapp.com/L1uB5zZQ. So this one is a little puzzling

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I just found a few small changes to the interior today as well. I had screenshots of the configurator screen from a few months ago when I first reserved to compare to the updated ones from today.

I'm not saying these are all negative or positive (that's subjective), but here's what I saw:
  1. No more yellow buckle on the door panel pockets: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gunY5eW
  2. Floor mats are a different color/texture: https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXurZEDq
  3. Different color stitching on the steering wheel: https://share.getcloudapp.com/7KuoJ2ZR
  4. Different color/material used for the speaker grilles: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gunY5LB
    • Although, when looking at the backseat view they actually look to have changed from plastic to a metal in the new version: https://share.getcloudapp.com/L1uB5zZQ. So this one is a little puzzling
Cool side by sides. Appreciate the share.
Sponsored