kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I don't want to throw chum in the water, but I did get a phone call from Rivian this morning asking me to make sure my address and options were updated on the website. Of course, I asked if she was a guide and could answer more questions and she was very clear to point out that she was not and could tell me nothing (except that guides were reaching out soon). I'm 8 miles away from the Bellevue, WA location and order number is 1234. I do have the voicemail she left me before I called back.

OH SNAP
Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I don't see an option for the spare tire. Where is it in the config?

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I don't want to throw chum in the water, but I did get a phone call from Rivian this morning asking me to make sure my address and options were updated on the website. Of course, I asked if she was a guide and could answer more questions and she was very clear to point out that she was not and could tell me nothing (except that guides were reaching out soon). I'm 8 miles away from the Bellevue, WA location and order number is 1234. I do have the voicemail she left me before I called back.
Thanks AdamL. Out of curiousity?
1) are you in for an R1T or R1S (I'm just behind you #18xx) with an R1S
2) before the call - did you have an address on file? Or was it blank?

Thanks!

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Thanks AdamL. Out of curiousity?
1) are you in for an R1T or R1S (I'm just behind you #18xx) with an R1S
2) before the call - did you have an address on file? Or was it blank?

Thanks!
I'm in for a R1T, and my address had been correct and not changed since day 1. I was curious if anyone else got a similar call? Where are you located?

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
That's an elephant? Meh, CarPlay before V2H.
Well, it would cost about $30,000 to install a home battery back up system to match the functionality of the V2H option featured with Ford's Lightning; yet the $30k option has only 1/4 of the energy storage as the Lightning. I can't imagine anyone choosing Carplay over such a feature. Different folks, different strokes I guess.

Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I'm in for a R1T, and my address had been correct and not changed since day 1. I was curious if anyone else got a similar call? Where are you located?
Interesting. I'm just around the corner from you but didn't not get a call. Of course I've reserved an R1S - so that obviously puts me further back on the "to call" list.

Best of luck - seems like you're going to be hearing real soon ?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Well, it would cost about $30,000 to install a home battery back up system to match the functionality of the V2H option featured with Ford's Lightning; yet the $30k option has only 1/4 of the energy storage as the Lightning. I can't imagine anyone choosing Carplay over such a feature. Different folks, different strokes I guess.
The V2H may not be available out of the gate with the Lightning. The standards to implement it have not been finalized and adopted. Ford could of course do their own thing, but I find that unlikely.
Implementing it on a vehicle is software and could be done OTA. The hard stuff is on your wall and the interconnect to your utility company is usually where it gets sticky.

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Of course the only option I was most excited for... The gear shuttle, seems comparatively grossly overpriced at $1,500.
Ahh, I am on R1S so the Gear Tunnel is not even an option :)

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
The V2H may not be available out of the gate with the Lightning. The standards to implement it have not been finalized and adopted. Ford could of course do their own thing, but I find that unlikely.
Implementing it on a vehicle is software and could be done OTA. The hard stuff is on your wall and the interconnect to your utility company is usually where it gets sticky.
V2G would be challenging but V2H would be extremely easy to implement even today. All they need is a bidirectional charger. They could even require the main house breaker be open before the house be energized by the EV's battery.
Although this wouldn't be as desirable and seemless, it would be something they could implement today if regulatory issues are the impediment.

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I have to say I am disappointed. It’s hard not to be. I think if they would have communicated earlier there was going to be a delay of 1-6 months (depending on where you are on the LE line) I would have been fine, but this just frustrates the hell out of me and causes me to mistrust them. They wait until 2 business until they were supposed to make deliveries to the first holders and announce a delay.

I don’t know if I am gong to keep my reservation or not, just disappointed. I’m sorry for the whining, and not trying to upset anyone else, just BS

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
I'm glad the better looking 20" wheels are now a no cost option.

My paid for Tacoma depreciates about $1 a day so I'm not that concerned about my delivery date (R1S #18XX) while obviously still being excited.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I don't want to throw chum in the water, but I did get a phone call from Rivian this morning .....
After thinking about this for a moment.... I almost couldn't believe it. Rivian has orchestrated everyone's anticipation for that marvelous crescendo of getting a Guide call. So you get a call from Rivian .. strike up the band!

No wait, not a Guide - just confirming your contact/address info ????

Like that couldn't be done by email, or through your Configurator interface? Or one of the standard items that Guides go over in the course of finalizing that order?

What the hell Rivian! ?

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
They wait until 2 business until they were supposed to make deliveries to the first holders and announce a delay.
Hang on...you just made up that "first deliveries date" on your end and now you're disappointed about a date that Rivian never confirmed or said themselves. All Rivian has ever said is "Deliveries begin June 2021". They never said "On June 1st we will deliver a vehicle".

Just want to make that clarification for everyone here. Let's make sure to separate what has been officially revealed by the company vs. what the forums are making up for themselves.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Gear shuttle is $1500 soooo that means the camp kitchen is $3500. Still pricey, but more palatable. Perhaps... But it would put my R1T over 80K which is
a) ALOT of money
b) Possibly over the limit for new tax credits...
Sponsored