AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Ah, yeah. For sure the locating lugs are different, so it's a different part, and likely less curvy. Still trying to get one from Rivian, they do sell them, at least they did all the others, at an outrageous price, which is why the wrap shops, Xpel included, try to re-use where possible.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Ah, yeah. For sure the locating lugs are different, so it's a different part, and likely less curvy. Still trying to get one from Rivian, they do sell them, at least they did all the others, at an outrageous price, which is why the wrap shops, Xpel included, try to re-use where possible.
Not the answer I'm sure anyone wanted, and honestly seems silly/wasteful from Rivian's side, but so be it. Hoping you can get ahold of one soon!

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Yup, looks like production will complete by the weekend, so we should have the first batch here by mid-June. Still no luck on getting the R1S and side-compass emblem. I've added R1S as an option to the website so you can sign up to be notified when we do get them, but it'll be at least 2 months after we can get the original emblems.

I've also made a few changes to the website, so as a general rule, to see 'certain products' 😉 in search and on the R1T & R1S Collection pages, you'll need to be logged in. The direct links will always work though, regardless of whether you're logged in or not.

i.e.
Satin Black Emblems for Rivian R1T/R1S (abstractocean.com)
Truck Bed Vinyl Decal for Rivian R1T (abstractocean.com)
Frunk Vinyl Logo Decal for Rivian R1T / R1S (abstractocean.com)

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

My impression is that only US makers/sellers get one. RIvian is not so popular yet, but check out Amazon and type in "Tesla logo" for example... if I sold any of these products, Tesla's lawyers will be all over me. Only a matter of time before the same happens with Rivian, but again - my impression is that there are double standards and only US folks are being warned/prosecuted, while the rest are free to do as they wish 🤷‍♂️
Maybe you could just sell some letters in the correct font. I think that is how some others the other s get around the patent issue. I bought a Ford grill once and it had the F, R, and D on the grill and they provided an O that you could snap in on your own. Sell extra letters with the kit and voila no patent infringement. BTW I am not a lawyer and haven't even stayed at a Holiday Inn express recently.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yup, looks like production will complete by the weekend, so we should have the first batch here by mid-June. Still no luck on getting the R1S and side-compass emblem. I've added R1S as an option to the website so you can sign up to be notified when we do get them, but it'll be at least 2 months after we can get the original emblems.

I've also made a few changes to the website, so as a general rule, to see 'certain products' 😉 in search and on the R1T & R1S Collection pages, you'll need to be logged in. The direct links will always work though, regardless of whether you're logged in or not.

i.e.
Satin Black Emblems for Rivian R1T/R1S (abstractocean.com)
Truck Bed Vinyl Decal for Rivian R1T (abstractocean.com)
Frunk Vinyl Logo Decal for Rivian R1T / R1S (abstractocean.com)
Oh didn’t realize you were pre-selling them. All sold out I see :(

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
No, we're not pre-selling. They'll show as sold out until they arrive, for now the page is just there for you to sign up for notifications, but obviously I'll post back here as well, once they're in.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
No, we're not pre-selling. They'll show as sold out until they arrive, for now the page is just there for you to sign up for notifications, but obviously I'll post back here as well, once they're in.
Got it, thanks!

Sponsored

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
If you want to tack on some sales... produce "quad-motor" and "dual-motor" badges. I'm sure some would be interested.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
OK. The R1T sets are on the site now, installation video just went live too.

We do finally have a handle on the R1S emblems (not sure if he's on this site, but thanks Andrew!). We'll get them templated, molded, etc, so best-guess right now is early August. We will sell just the side compasses and "R1S" separately, as well as in a set, so if you wanted, you could buy the R1T set now, but totally up to you. We can't split the sets we have, so the R1T would need to go on your fridge or something :)

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
Looks great. If I buy the R1T set would you sell just the S specific emblems later?

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Yes, that's the plan. When the R1S sets arrive, we'll have separate SKU that'll just have the "R1S" and two compass B-pillar logos (together with the full sets). In time, assuming we're still selling them, I'll create the common sets (side wordmarks, front compass, large rear emblem), and then have the model-specific add-on.
Sponsored