Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
FWIW, just picked up my truck from the service center, and they performed the fix from FSAM-1091. On my drive home I had none of the usual (for me) ticking/tocking/grinding sounds on acceleration. Really hoping this fix lasts!

IMG_1013.jpeg
Good news! Gotta get this scheduled.
Sponsored

Rickmc

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Vacation Rentals
Just got the FSAM-1091 service done after complaining about the half shaft tick-tocking when you accelerate a little and then back off, then accelerate and back off. Can reproduce it all day long. Richmond Virginia service center added some washers and lube. Seemed to work for a few days. Capital Heights Maryland service center performed FSAM-1091 which states on the invoice that they added 4 washers to the half shafts. The service rep at Capital Heights tells me that although it doesn't show on the invoice, they did replace the front 2 half shafts but they observe the "tick tocking" is still there and it's just normal and no additional services will be performed to remedy the problem because "there is nothing wrong with it".

Just a heads up on FSAM-1091.

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

Just got the FSAM-1091 service done after complaining about the half shaft tick-tocking when you accelerate a little and then back off, then accelerate and back off. Can reproduce it all day long. Richmond Virginia service center added some washers and lube. Seemed to work for a few days. Capital Heights Maryland service center performed FSAM-1091 which states on the invoice that they added 4 washers to the half shafts. The service rep at Capital Heights tells me that although it doesn't show on the invoice, they did replace the front 2 half shafts but they observe the "tick tocking" is still there and it's just normal and no additional services will be performed to remedy the problem because "there is nothing wrong with it".

It is funny you mentioned this, I had mine looked at, and it was said everything its normal, However, I noticed much less noise. and the tick-tocking was gone... I was thinking they must have done something but did not say anything..

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
i don't have any noises but they are doing this repair today while my truck is in for a loose fascia body panel

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
This is a weird one.. Did a hand wash last week with and rinsed with my powerwasher. Cleaned up the wheel wells (decently) with a foam canon. Since then tick/tock noise from front suspension has not been present. I am wondering if the solvents in the foam maybe loosened some grease on /around the half shafts and stopped the noise. In any case, im still listening out for it, but thought id share.. Anyone else experience this? I guess ill wash more frequently now haha

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This is a weird one.. Did a hand wash last week with and rinsed with my powerwasher. Cleaned up the wheel wells (decently) with a foam canon. Since then tick/tock noise from front suspension has not been present. I am wondering if the solvents in the foam maybe loosened some grease on /around the half shafts and stopped the noise. In any case, im still listening out for it, but thought id share.. Anyone else experience this? I guess ill wash more frequently now haha
Very strange indeed. 🤷‍♂️

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

So you had the service done twice - once at Richmond and once at Capitol Heights?

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I don't understand but at SC dropoff this morning was told the ting washers reduce torque stress on the bolts.
Was also told to keep the vehicle in "auto" when driving in AP mode. Servicee tech said this should help with my occasional alignment issue with right pull. In auto causes it to readjust when it's possible one side may be lower causing the pull.
And, future update will help with this and the electro steering

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Bueller? Anyone done mobile visit?

I really don't want to spend 3 hours driving for a 3 hour Bellevue visit.
They rejected my request. Said I had to bring it in. Too busy right now to take the time that would take since nearest service center is 2 hours or so away.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They rejected my request. Said I had to bring it in. Too busy right now to take the time that would take since nearest service center is 2 hours or so away.
SC just told me that it takes 3 hours each side to perform the FSAM and would need to keep my truck a week with their current shortage of service personnel on staff. When I called to schedule they said 3 hours. Oy....

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Had the FSAM work done on Wednesday. Was told by call center that it would take three hours so was expecting to just wait on the work. Arrived at the service center and was told it would take five hours of uninterrupted time to do the work and truck would likely be ready Friday afternoon. Service center gave me a loaner (R1T). By that afternoon, app showed work to be completed. Service center called me the next morning to let me know the work was done.

Work seems to have gotten rid of the creaks, groans, clicking, tocking, and other weird noises when accelerating then coming off of the accelerator. Suspension seems to be much quieter now.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Had the FSAM work done on Wednesday. Was told by call center that it would take three hours so was expecting to just wait on the work. Arrived at the service center and was told it would take five hours of uninterrupted time to do the work and truck would likely be ready Friday afternoon. Service center gave me a loaner (R1T). By that afternoon, app showed work to be completed. Service center called me the next morning to let me know the work was done.

Work seems to have gotten rid of the creaks, groans, clicking, tocking, and other weird noises when accelerating then coming off of the accelerator. Suspension seems to be much quieter now.
Was told same for service time…then a call ahead to tell me they need to keep in for a few days…think there is more to this than they say to be honest. But as long as the noises and clunks are gone, I’d let them keep it a few weeks. 🤣

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Was told same for service time…then a call ahead to tell me they need to keep in for a few days…think there is more to this than they say to be honest. But as long as the noises and clunks are gone, I’d let them keep it a few weeks. 🤣
This is very good. Hopefully some "on the downlow" stuff to make it alot better than mine is now. Eventually when I can afford the downtime to journey to a far away service center someday....

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So dropped my truck off in Austin SC. Went for drive with tech and I replicated clunking noise…he didn’t seem too bothered by it. When we got back, drove a CY R1T with 22s and 3000 miles…to me, there was no noticeable clunking from half shafts…just a minor tick from accel/decel. They then let me drive another loaner that had similar mileage to mine and 21s. It was more similar to my clunk but not as harsh. So they are going to do this washer treatment to mine but really not sure if it’s going to help as I think it was more a fix to the creaking. I think they think I’m crazy at this point but I felt/heard the difference. To be continued…
Sponsored