Occupation
Stuff and things
s00n
Currently in the rough in phase:

Will paint and get end caps eventually

IMG_0669.jpeg
IMG_0670.jpeg
IMG_0672.jpeg

The back of the bed walls have a slant that starts near the tailgate, so you cannot make the rail full bed length without some creative bending/ back grinding. I just chose shorter rails.
IMG_0674.jpeg

Will Be adding a back rail and some of the half strut on the tire cover for proper tie down points
IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

Haven't had the chance to run to the store but there are infinite unistrut tie down options,
a popular one is to just use a nut, plate and eye bolt. also, as stated previously he Nissan cleats (and all Nissan "Utilitrac" accessories work with it as it is the same dimensions.
I also like that this/the Nissan track is metal, iirc some of the taco tracks are a polymer, if that matters to anyone
This may actually open up the option to use the Nissan bed extender, will try whenever I get around to visiting my dad and stealing it off his
IMG_0671.jpeg

(sneak peak as the much more interesting project I'm working on (used unistrut scrap as well)
Is that stainless unistrut?

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I got the low profile billet tie down cleats installed. They are pricy but offer more tie down points and they are much more solidly attached to the rails. Also clearance is great, they match the profile of the rails.

Amazon knock off toyota cleats also worked and clear the power tonneau.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T bed tie down rails installed (adopted from Tacoma) 20230226_125232

Rivian R1T R1S R1T bed tie down rails installed (adopted from Tacoma) 20230226_125323

Rivian R1T R1S R1T bed tie down rails installed (adopted from Tacoma) 20230226_125131

Sponsored

Flabirder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model S P100DL
Just a quick "thank you" to McFly Rivian for the idea and supplying the part numbers. Just finished my installation using the OEM Toyota cleats & am very happy with result.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Just a quick "thank you" to McFly Rivian for the idea and supplying the part numbers. Just finished my installation using the OEM Toyota cleats & am very happy with result.
Nice! My pleasure, post some pics. Now I'm trying to figure out if a tacoma bed mat would work. 🤔

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Do you know what the exact measurements of the difference between the rail and the top of the Tacoma bed and the Rivian bed? I'm interested in determining the compatibility of the CBI Overland Rack with both setups.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Do you know what the exact measurements of the difference between the rail and the top of the Tacoma bed and the Rivian bed? I'm interested in determining the compatibility of the CBI Overland Rack with both setups.
Sorry I don't remember and didn't write it down. The length of the toyota rails are posted in the description if you use the part numbers on line. I recall having to trim the header rail the most.

Sponsored

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
When I finally get my truck back I will install the rails and let you know. I already have the rack so I can give it a try. Just waiting on the service center to get back to me.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
When I finally get my truck back I will install the rails and let you know. I already have the rack so I can give it a try. Just waiting on the service center to get back to me.
Sweet yes let me know, my 3rd gen is long gone. I have a buddy with a 2nd gen but im not sure if the measurements will be the same.

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
I will have to ping a coworker for the Taco's distance but for the Rivian that is the first thing I plan on doing when it comes back.

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

This is awesome, and I had no idea stuff like this existed (coming not from other trucks, but other EVs instead...) I have the Molle panel at the front from @builtrightind, and he's also got some side panels coming (early April it looks like...)
https://builtrightind.com/products/...el-kit-rivian-r1t-2022?variant=43915385635030
Oh man these look great. Outfitting this truck is becoming a major rabbit hole…and I haven’t even taken delivery yet.
Sponsored