Sponsored

Creek crossing - water wading / fording depth?

Tlgee

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Escalade, Mercedes AMG S63, Packard Custom 8, Beast.
First posting so forgive me if it’s been covered. But I need to be able to use the SUV at a ranch with creek crossings- like down an embankment through a 1ft deep creek and up the other side. Need 4 wheel drive and undercarriage protection from water. I assume they’ve tested this right?
Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

First posting so forgive me if it’s been covered. But I need to be able to use the SUV at a ranch with creek crossings- like down an embankment through a 1ft deep creek and up the other side. Need 4 wheel drive and undercarriage protection from water. I assume they’ve tested this right?
I'd say this picture explains it all :)
Rivian R1T R1S Creek crossing - water wading / fording depth? upload_2019-10-17_13-14-37

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
1M (39") is the stated spec. They've also said that it's not deeper solely due to the fact it will start to float.

I'd also start to worry about water penetration into cargo or bed, but I doubt I'll ever get into water more than a couple feet deep.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

1M (39") is the stated spec. They've also said that it's not deeper solely due to the fact it will start to float.
I'd also start to worry about water penetration into cargo or bed, but I doubt I'll ever get into water more than a couple feet deep.
So what you are saying is that all you need is a little outboard motor in the back and you can take this thing out on the lake?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol @SlaterGS

Maybe they'll offer an electric outboard & tailgate mount for the R1T. ;-)

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Does anyone know whether or not water will stay out of the vehicle interior if you go through 3' deep water?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know whether or not water will stay out of the vehicle interior if you go through 3' deep water?
Yes, there was a video quite awhile back where an engineer talked about the difficulty of ensuring things were watertight. Among many other things, this is something I'd love if Rivian shared details about.
Sponsored