Sponsored

Horseytime

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LA Silver 20" AT- Launch Edition
Looks very slick indeed. I can’t help but think about the tiny brake lights being blocked by the bike wheels and turn signals barely perceptible.
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
That’s a double thumbs up. Nicely done.

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
Get a Kuat swing arm. Open swing arm and drop tailgate. That is what I did to keep my 1Up useful.

Sponsored

1T2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T3YR1T
Clubs

$250? I will definitely buy one. Maybe it will list more than that.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I love this pad. But it’s missing a feature I was hoping for, which is a way to install & remove it quickly, rather than the same old straps. The straps are ok for putting the pad on & leaving it on, but that’s not what I want to do. Note in the video it looked pretty quick & easy to install with two people.

I’d prefer to not leave the bike pad on my truck for two reasons: 1. I did that with my last truck and after about six months I removed it & found paint damage from trapped dirt/sand; 2. A bike pad, even this very nice one, takes away from the Rivian’s sexy rear end, which IMO is its best angle.

I know, they can’t make everyone happy all the time, and I’m asking for something special. I still applaud Rivian for making this, and I’ll probably buy one.

Place your bets on the price. I say it’ll be $500+.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Well designed. Still going with a hitch rack.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd prefer to not leave the bike pad on my truck for two reasons: 1. I did that with my last truck and after about six months I removed it & found paint damage from trapped dirt/sand;
My truck has paint damage from the plastic trim on the top of the tailgate.
Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) PXL_20230211_210055367

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I love this pad. But….

A bike pad, even this very nice one, takes away from the Rivian’s sexy rear end, which IMO is its best angle.
So you love it but it makes your butt look fat?

Which is odd cause it’s as close as it gets to crotchless panties for your tailgate.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kipevans22

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I love this pad. But it’s missing a feature I was hoping for, which is a way to install & remove it quickly, rather than the same old straps. The straps are ok for putting the pad on & leaving it on, but that’s not what I want to do. Note in the video it looked pretty quick & easy to install with two people.

I’d prefer to not leave the bike pad on my truck for two reasons: 1. I did that with my last truck and after about six months I removed it & found paint damage from trapped dirt/sand; 2. A bike pad, even this very nice one, takes away from the Rivian’s sexy rear end, which IMO is its best angle.

I know, they can’t make everyone happy all the time, and I’m asking for something special. I still applaud Rivian for making this, and I’ll probably buy one.

Place your bets on the price. I say it’ll be $500+.
I’ve been through a few MTB pads over the years and the Rivian straps look way easier to attach.. What would make this quicker and easier for you? Maybe Rivian could design an integrated buckle system into the tailgate somehow, but I’m not sure how you get rid of all the straps.
I install and remove my FOX pad every ride. I can take it off in about 10 seconds, but takes a few Minutes to install. For me, it’s much quicker and easier than the hitch Mounted bike rack.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

What would make this quicker and easier for you? Maybe Rivian could design an integrated buckle system into the tailgate somehow, but I’m not sure how you get rid of all the straps.
I don’t want straps that wrap all the way around the tailgate. As the OEM, they have a lot more freedom to design something different. Yes, perhaps some buckles that clip onto the tailgate under the flap.

I want someone smarter & more creative than me, the same people that designed all the other things on this truck that I would‘ve said aren’t possible, to come up with something clever, and then take my money. I was hoping that the Rivian team would design something more innovative than the same old straps that every aftermarket pad has.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I don’t want straps that wrap all the way around the tailgate. As the OEM, they have a lot more freedom to design something different. Yes, perhaps some buckles that clip onto the tailgate under the flap.

I want someone smarter & more creative than me, the same people that designed all the other things on this truck that I would‘ve said aren’t possible, to come up with something clever, and then take my money. I was hoping that the Rivian team would design something more innovative than the same old straps that every aftermarket pad has.
They have the freedom to design a lot of things. This pad is great, but it doesn't do anything special other than let you see the light bar. Any medium sized pad also shows the side brake lights.

As someone mentioned, they should use their design time to find a good solution for 12,000 tonneau covers. This pad strikes me as waste of precious resources.

Anyway my bike pad looks nicer on the truck!

Rivian R1T R1S Official Rivian Bike Pad for R1T Tailgate - First Look! 🚴‍♀️ (updated w/ photos in use) PXL_20230225_161749257

Last edited:

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
$350 to $450. I think it'll sell better than the existing bike mounts in the gear shop.
Sponsored