seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

This new Tacoma already looks at least a couple of generations old.
Sponsored

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Looks nice and aggressive.

People can keep praying for an EV Tacoma, it will probably happen in 4-5 years.
No way I could daily a Toyota quality vehicle after living with the R1T.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

More like decepticons than transformers… but to each their own.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
There are an awful lot of tricked-out Toyota Tacoma TRD trucks in the PNW. Ever since we got the R1T the wife unit insists on calling them "Toyota Turds".

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I don't understand why trucks continue to look more like transformers robots with more and more unnecessary embellishment, decals, etc.
And pray tell what is wrong with looking like Prime? Tonka wouldn't be bad either.

Sponsored

Egen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner
This is what the tundra should have looked like. The new tundra hasn’t grown on me

Deleted member 7086

Toyota is coming out with an all electric Tacoma but probably another year or year and a half to wait. That is what I am interested in seeing.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
So how much of a self-centered luddite does one have to be to consider something like this Tacoma toy - which will still be on the road burning gasoline in 2045 - when there are a flood of new electric trucks pouring onto the market? Yes, there are people who will need a work truck now, when the EV equivalent is not available or affordable, but this thing? No. Just no.

Sponsored

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
I like it. It will sell very well. I do think good sales will steer Toyota further into delaying meaningful change into bev vehicles and cost them hugely in market share down the line if they don’t get their butts into gear.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
So how much of a self-centered luddite does one have to be to consider something like this Tacoma toy - which will still be on the road burning gasoline in 2045 - when there are a flood of new electric trucks pouring onto the market? Yes, there are people who will need a work truck now, when the EV equivalent is not available or affordable, but this thing? No. Just no.
Let's be real, no electric trucks are $50k yet. So I don't think it makes you self centered or a luddite to buy a mid sized truck in 2023. Get ready for the Ranger Raptor and Colorado ZR2 (plus all the cheaper low tier variants) to launch later this year as well. An R2T might be the first of it's kind in 2026...

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
I don't understand why trucks continue to look more like transformers robots with more and more unnecessary embellishment, decals, etc.
Because it goes back to "look at me, I'm bigger than you, therefore I'm better."

Everything about pickups these days is made to make them look bigger and boxier. It's annoying. They need to design a pickup for guys like me that don't give a crap what others think and have nothing to prove. That would be nice.