Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

If I did that with say Ariel or Times New Roman font that would be OK. But it won't fit on the actual letters of the Rivian, so to make it nice it needs to be in the same style as Rivian, and my lawyer checked - they've copyrighted it :(
10-4. I guess the other guys are just doing it and getting away with it....for now.

Would certainly be more expensive, but developing an ultra thin carbon fiber "cap" that could slip over the letters & logos would be great. The harder material with just a little bit of double sided tape would certainly prevent any "peeling" around the edges. I had something similar on my Tesla that went around the camera housings, which is where the idea comes from.

But, I guess the same legal issues there too. Rivian should be flattered that people want to make things for their vehicles, especially things that they'll NEVER offer themselves.
Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
People have been asking me "what the heck is RIVIAN". I'll just get a set of black Porsche RS emblems then I won't have to answer this question anymore. And copyright problem solved. 😁

Last edited:

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

10-4. I guess the other guys are just doing it and getting away with it....for now.

Would certainly be more expensive, but developing an ultra thin carbon fiber "cap" that could slip over the letters & logos would be great. The harder material with just a little bit of double sided tape would certainly prevent any "peeling" around the edges. I had something similar on my Tesla that went around the camera housings, which is where the idea comes from.

But, I guess the same legal issues there too. Rivian should be flattered that people want to make things for their vehicles, especially things that they'll NEVER offer themselves.
Fun fact - my IP attorney discovered that Rivian has actually resisted to make vinyl products with their logos...I may not be quoting this in proper legal terms but my point is - in terms of their registrations, there are all indications that they may one day enter this market. Or maybe this is just standard practice, I don't know...

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I wonder if all the bootleg rivian license plate frames on eBay get cease and desists.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I wonder if all the bootleg rivian license plate frames on eBay get cease and desists.
My impression is that only US makers/sellers get one. RIvian is not so popular yet, but check out Amazon and type in "Tesla logo" for example... if I sold any of these products, Tesla's lawyers will be all over me. Only a matter of time before the same happens with Rivian, but again - my impression is that there are double standards and only US folks are being warned/prosecuted, while the rest are free to do as they wish 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My impression is that only US makers/sellers get one. RIvian is not so popular yet, but check out Amazon and type in "Tesla logo" for example... if I sold any of these products, Tesla's lawyers will be all over me. Only a matter of time before the same happens with Rivian, but again - my impression is that there are double standards and only US folks are being warned/prosecuted, while the rest are free to do as they wish 🤷‍♂️
Well you can’t enforce US trademark law outside of the US! :)

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This took far too long, but here's some pics of the emblems installed on our truck. Not sure how/if we'll sell these yet, since Rivian is watching our site, yet won't engage in any form of licensing conversation. I've seen the suggestions about selling VIRINA emblems, or something similar, but legally that doesn't really do much 😑

front compass.png
R1T.png
Rear logo andgled.png
Rear wide.png
Second pic.png
Side Emblem all black.png
What if you were to offer every letter in that font, but just make all the other letters like 5K dollars each or whatever it would cost to tool that letter? You couldn't get away with the logos, but you could do the letters that way I would think pretty easily without infringing on a copyright. Like don't even offer a "rivian" package just have the letters for sale on an individual basis. People can order the letters needed themselves and you can't possibly be held responsible for what they spell.

I mean I could be ordering them for my Tesla in that case, my Hummer or just simply wanting to make it the Donald mobile. Maybe my wife's name is Vivian and I want to put it on her car?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Those look great, and I too would jump at the chance to buy them. They look very OE with the yellow edges.

Kpecks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Land Cruiser
also, make some bronze colored lettering

Sponsored

Mfurman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Simple solution - produce the entire alphabet and sell each letter individually.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Simple solution - produce the entire alphabet and sell each letter individually.
Haha doesn't work because Rivian has their own font/typeface. If they used a generic font that would work.

Mfurman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Ok I hear that collectively about the typeface/font. The next question to ask is there no other font with the same "I", is there no other font with the same "R", etc?

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Ok I hear that collectively about the typeface/font. The next question to ask is there no other font with the same "I", is there no other font with the same "R", etc?
No idea... it might exist but I haven't seen one although I am certainly not a fonts expert.

Mfurman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Homework for someone. For example if the "I" matches Aharoni, have an entire alphabet of Aharoni font, if the V matches Calibri have an entire alphabet of Calibri, etc. Then people order what they want
Sponsored