Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I had to replace mine. Seems like if they made them in a way that allowed them wrap around the edges onto the sides, they might hold a little better. Side ones seem to be the biggest issue, which make sense considering they're standing up to 60+ MPH wind on a regular basis. If they wrapped the ends of the letters, possibly would prevent them from peeling around the edges?? Just my 2 cents
Maybe, but have in mind most people will fail a DIY wrap around the edges and then blame it on the seller/maker. With that said, I have my emblems all colored and no peeling issues over 1.5 years later, but we use 3M and Avery Dennison for vinyls, and as far as I know, some of the other folks use ViVViD, which is pretty low quality vinyl. So the quality of the material is more important in imho.

PS And the other thing that's really important for vinyl jobs is surface prep...you can use the best vinyl, if the surface is dirty, oily, waxed etc, it just won't work.
Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Maybe, but have in mind most people will fail a DIY wrap around the edges and then blame it on the seller/maker. With that said, I have my emblems all colored and no peeling issues over 1.5 years later, but we use 3M and Avery Dennison for vinyls, and as far as I know, some of the other folks use ViVViD, which is pretty low quality vinyl. So the quality of the material is more important in imho.

PS And the other thing that's really important for vinyl jobs is surface prep...you can use the best vinyl, if the surface is dirty, oily, waxed etc, it just won't work.
I don't doubt that. They'd have to have the corners precut to be able to fold them over as you are correct, most wouldn't be able to apply a solid piece.

Are you offering the blackout kits for the emblems? Didn't see them on the website? If so, let me know and I'll be happy to order them from you.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
And yeah, I had them professionally installed by my PPF wrap company. I know Iā€™m an untalented ass-clown, so I left it to the big boys.
Same experience..:although in my case the automatic car wash was to blameā€¦that said, kudos to brainexploder for excellent customer service. They sent me a new set with ā€œbetter adhesiveā€ to try as soon as I mentioned the initial failure. I have not applied them yet because Iā€™m waiting for Spring to show up in England to give it another go. If it doesnā€™t work out Iā€™ll just go with plastidip which (in my experience) works well and is easy to work with.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Mine lasted maybe a month. Super underwhelmed. Iā€™ve wasted $45 on worse things, so not the end of the world. Sorry @brainexploder, but I have to post. Not sure if the vinyl material changed in the last 90 days though.
To counter your experience, I've been surpised how well my @brainexploder wraps on 22s have held up. Washed truck yesterday and they are still as good as installed in February. I think it all comes down to how good of a prep/cleaning job is done prior to install

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My @brainexploder wraps are all good except for one ā€œNā€ on the side. I wish I could buy just that letter individually but for now my logos are all blacked out except that letter.

Sponsored

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

To counter your experience, I've been surpised how well my @brainexploder wraps on 22s have held up. Washed truck yesterday and they are still as good as installed in February. I think it all comes down to how good of a prep/cleaning job is done prior to install
Might have to do with it being on the rims too? Mine was being detailed clean and PPF wrapped, so I doubt it was the prep cleaning job, BUT I wasnā€™t there, so you could totally be right. And as someone else mentioned when theirs didnā€™t work, @brainexploder sent them new ones with better adhesive. I never reached out cuz I didnā€™t care that much. Iā€™m not interested in putting negativity out there for someoneā€™s biz so Iā€™m pulling my original post. Who knows, couldā€™ve totally been my fault!

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I don't doubt that. They'd have to have the corners precut to be able to fold them over as you are correct, most wouldn't be able to apply a solid piece.

Are you offering the blackout kits for the emblems? Didn't see them on the website? If so, let me know and I'll be happy to order them from you.
Nope, cease & desist several months ago :) We don't sell anything with a logo or anything else that's trademarked or copyrighted.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
How are the vinyl guys getting away with it? Seems like a double standard.
It is, but it's been that way forever. As @twraps says, smaller sellers on Ebay/Etsy etc get away with it. The non-name Chinese sellers get away with it on Amazon. If they get taken down by Amazon, they just reappear with a new random name. It's frustrating, especially as many of those products are sub-standard.
or don't sell them commercially? not on your site, just though private message here? because i want a set-- gimme gimme.
We'll figure out a way. The main cost with these is the up-front tooling, which happened last year, long before our takedown notice. So I'm not sure we'll make more than just the first batch to help recoup some of the costs, but it seems a waste to not make use of the (expesive) molds.
Add me to the list. Would buy these immediately and I don't even have my Rivian yet. But I'd want to them to be ready for the full body wrap

@AO_Pete are these plastic or metal?
ABS plastic. It's how we've made all of our emblems for the past ~8 years, and the same way most OEM's make them.
@AO_Pete has rivian sent out any cease and desists before to you or others, and if so for what product? The thing is you have to actively protect your trademark via cease and desists and often it doesnā€™t amount to much. Rivian is a good company and while selling an actual product with the Rivian mark on it to confuse a customer that it is produced by Rivian is one thing, a modification like this is another thing and likely not to get their panties in a bunch.
We've received a takedown notice from one of their IP agents. It's difficult to tell if it was a speculative notice just based on trawling the web, or something more significant. The company has never replied to any of our requests. I agree, Rivian is a good company, and I'm hoping they would entertain a licensing agreement; we're not here to make a quick buck with a crappy product. But, so far not had any luck in eliciting a reply. Even Tesla, in the early days, were responsive, the issue there was a very small marketing team, and the CMO we eventually met with left Tesla a couple of months later.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Well lol all that said they look great. Good work, Iā€™d be a set if it were ever made available.

jiujitsuallen

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T, '22 Taycan CT4, '20 Defender 110
This took far too long, but here's some pics of the emblems installed on our truck. Not sure how/if we'll sell these yet, since Rivian is watching our site, yet won't engage in any form of licensing conversation. I've seen the suggestions about selling VIRINA emblems, or something similar, but legally that doesn't really do much šŸ˜‘

front compass.png
R1T.png
Rear logo andgled.png
Rear wide.png
Second pic.png
Side Emblem all black.png
Super slick. I want a set once they're available.

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Black is beautiful! Please count me in.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Nope, cease & desist several months ago :) We don't sell anything with a logo or anything else that's trademarked or copyrighted.
I can certainly understand that for the actual logos. But, for the letters, would think you could do those. Just matter of creating an N, A, V, R and a couple of "I's". Those letters could go to anything!! The letters on the side appear to be where people are having the most issues keeping them from peeling around the edges. Could technically offer all 26 letters of the alphabet and let people pick and choose which letters they want.

Reactions: sub

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I personally always wanted to label my truck VIRGINIA

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I can certainly understand that for the actual logos. But, for the letters, would think you could do those. Just matter of creating an N, A, V, R and a couple of "I's". Those letters could go to anything!! The letters on the side appear to be where people are having the most issues keeping them from peeling around the edges. Could technically offer all 26 letters of the alphabet and let people pick and choose which letters they want.
If I did that with say Ariel or Times New Roman font that would be OK. But it won't fit on the actual letters of the Rivian, so to make it nice it needs to be in the same style as Rivian, and my lawyer checked - they've copyrighted it :(

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

If I did that with say Ariel or Times New Roman font that would be OK. But it won't fit on the actual letters of the Rivian, so to make it nice it needs to be in the same style as Rivian, and my lawyer checked - they've copyrighted it :(
Well, I will genuinely continue to hold out hope that some way for these to be produced can be found. The full blacked out "stealth" emblems and lettering would make a perfect addition to the fully blacked out R1S I have coming
Sponsored