Revvian

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Q7
Clubs

So I got R1 shop access last week but then my delivery window has been showing processing since then. I never got any guide intro email but looking into my account there was a guide and contact details were displayed. So I started conversing with him in general about the shop access, availability etc. and yesterday emailed him asking when the processing estimate would change to a real window (prior to shop access it was Jan-Jun'24). To my sweet surprise, he called this evening informing that I'm close to finding a match and confirmed my config so that Rivian can assign me a VIN in about 3-4 weeks (depending on availability and production I guess) and then another few weeks for shipping and inspection. So I am looking at about 2-2.5 months to take the much anticipated delivery, hopefully!
Sponsored

Last edited:

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

So I got R1 shop access last week but then my delivery window has been showing processing since then. I never got any guide intro email but looking into my account there was a guide and contact details were displayed. So I started conversing with him in general about the shop access, availability etc. and yesterday emailed him asking when the processing estimate would change to a real window (prior to shop access it was Jan-Jun'24). To my sweet surprise, he called this evening informing that I'm close to finding a match and confirmed my config so that Rivian can assign me a VIN in about 3-4 weeks (depending on availability and production I guess) and then another few weeks for shipping and inspection. So I am looking at about 2-2.5 months to take the much anticipated delivery, hopefully!
Sounds like you've got a good guide! I asked my guide the same question when we went to processing estimate upon shop access and I was told we won't know anything about your window until the late April update. :rolleyes:

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

So my guide requested me shop access last Wednesday and I didn’t have it yet today and followed up. She confirmed that while she sent in the request the Ops team consciously did not process it as I was adventure holder.
So I suspect those with adventure getting access got access because they were close to getting a VIN match (which is when shop access opens automatically), they are launch, or they were friends and family.

Interested In others thoughts though…
I got the same line from my guide multiple times that ADV holders were not being admitted to the shop. I politely pointed out each time that I am seeing more ADV holders with access with a later pre-order date than me and would like to have access.
I don't have a launch or F&F but I am almost a year earlier on my reservation than you, so I'd imagine that is a big part?

My question with your theory is why would they give shop access if they are close to a VIN match?
I feel like that would cause more planning problems.
IE customer is a week away from VIN match, let's give them shop access, they lock in a shop vehicle the day before they were supposed to get a matched VIN (unbeknownst to them) and now that VIN just ends up orphaned in the shop?

Hope you get yours soon!

Edit: I should also say as an update to my shop that there are still 3 vehicles (CY, LAS, LG) left from my original post. So about a day and a half they've been in there.

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
My guide sent me a message yesterday saying since I was an Adventure holder, I was initially denied R1 Shop access. But since they are now allowing Adventure holders to have access, she has requested it again.

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Sounds like you've got a good guide! I asked my guide the same question when we went to processing estimate upon shop access and I was told we won't know anything about your window until the late April update. :rolleyes:
The inconsistency between guides, communications, and cs is ridiculous.

Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Costa Mesa service center is slammed today. 100’s of R1S and R1Ts. They’ve run out of room on the property and are parking on the public street. Combination of new vehicles and service vehicles.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! C30AC7D5-777C-4044-9F70-0EB0DCFD8B5A

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
Just got scheduled for factory delivery for Friday (3/24). We snagged one in the shop on 3/20. Pretty quick turnaround!

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Interesting… Contrary to my previous assumption, I was just informed by my guide that there are only really two R1S Shops: 1 for the Western Region and 1 for the Eastern Region.

Curious if anyone has any contradictory data or communciations.

EDIT: She didn’t know where the line was drawn.

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS
I'm in So Cal and in the 4 days that I've been looking at the shop, this is the only vehicle so far.
So people with adventure orders can possibly get a Launch Edition from the shop.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! R1S.JPG

Sponsored

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
Interesting… Contrary to my previous assumption, I was just informed by my guide that there are only really two R1S Shops: 1 for the Western Region and 1 for the Eastern Region.

Curious if anyone has any contradictory data or communciations.

EDIT: She didn’t know where the line was drawn.

I was told by my guide that they will not ship vehicles between service centers (is this true?). Some of the vehicles in the shop are in service centers, so I would assume each service center then effectively has it's own shop?

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
Just got scheduled for factory delivery for Friday (3/24). We snagged one in the shop on 3/20. Pretty quick turnaround!
See you there. I got the shop last night (3/21) and delivery 3/24 at 9:30am. :)

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
I was told by my guide that they will not ship vehicles between service centers (is this true?). Some of the vehicles in the shop are in service centers, so I would assume each service center then effectively has it's own shop?
I would think all the shops’ inventories are aggregated into two: East and West.

EDIT: But I get your point that would somewhat contradict your info that if a vehicle in Florida is ordered by a customer inMassachusetts, it would be theoretically be rejected.

Last edited:

Revvian

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Q7
Clubs

I'm in So Cal and in the 4 days that I've been looking at the shop, this is the only vehicle so far.
So people with adventure orders can possibly get a Launch Edition from the shop.

R1S.JPG
Very interesting...I live in SoCal too but don't see any in my shop for the past several days! This makes me wonder if the shop is tailored for each one of us 🤔

Last edited:

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS
Very interesting...I live in SoCal too but don't see any in my shop for the past several days! This makes me wonder if the shop is tailored for each one of us 🤔
Back when I ordered, I did have the option for a LE...MAYBE the time you ordered plays a factor? Just a guess since I'm not entirely sure either.
Sponsored