Sponsored

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Still waiting for shop access...asked my guide last week (again)...crickets since. Might be because I'm in Delaware and the closest SC is Brooklyn. The planned SC on the NJ side of Philly might speed things up.
Sponsored

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

Can someone confirm that if you have an Adventure Reservation but get a LE from the shop, you will have to pay more than what the shop is displaying for configurations that have the "free" wheel upgrades?

I feel like I saw someone who got the discounted price and someone who had to pay more 🤷‍♂️
I had an adventure reservation and ended up buying an LE from the shop (or at least I'm in the process of buying). I'll be paying the price that was shown in the shop (which includes the free upgrade to 22" brights since it's a LE).

As I understand it, pricing shown in the shop is based on whenever you had your original reservation. If you had a reservation before the March '22 price hike, you should see the pre-March '22 LE pricing in the shop if you get an LE, and that's what you should end up paying. If you reseved after the price hike and now have access to the shop, I believe you'll see post-March '22 pricing in the shop.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clubs

so are the "daily" shop inventory refreshes at a scheduled time or at least posted by a known fixed time of day? I mean if the inventory is constantly in flux (in the upside direction) that would drive me insane. It would be even worse than me sitting here at 2AM with normal insomnia reading the Rivian forum. :)
I watched this pretty closely for the week that I had shop access. Inventory refreshes are definitely not at a scheduled time. I got access about 6:30pm on a Tuesday and there were about 10 vehicles, almost all of which cleared out within a couple of hours. On Wednesday about 5 were added around 3:15/3:30pm, all of which were gone in minutes. Nothing new on Thursday. On Friday about 5 cars were added around 11:15a, again, all of which were gone in minutes. Nothing new over the weekend (though my guide says they do add on weekends if inventory is available), and then 9 new added yesterday at about 5:20pm. All times are CST. I pulled the trigger on one of those so lost access to the shop.

I think my productivity for work was basically zero over the last week between the hours of 8am and 7pm as I was distracted by the shop and regularly checking for updates.:oops:

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I watched this pretty closely for the week that I had shop access. Inventory refreshes are definitely not at a scheduled time. I got access about 6:30pm on a Tuesday and there were about 10 vehicles, almost all of which cleared out within a couple of hours. On Wednesday about 5 were added around 3:15/3:30pm, all of which were gone in minutes. Nothing new on Thursday. On Friday about 5 cars were added around 11:15a, again, all of which were gone in minutes. Nothing new over the weekend (though my guide says they do add on weekends if inventory is available), and then 9 new added yesterday at about 5:20pm. All times are CST. I pulled the trigger on one of those so lost access to the shop.

I think my productivity for work was basically zero over the last week between the hours of 8am and 7pm as I was distracted by the shop and regularly checking for updates.:oops:

Sounds like someone needs a day off to regroup.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clubs

Sponsored

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I'm glad I am not the only one that was caught up in this game. I was trying to find the pattern too (which led to me being unproductive at anything else). It always seemed to populate when I was busy and couldn't multitask. I was in the garage last night when I refreshed my phone. I had to run inside for my wife to look them over before pulling the trigger. Such a bizarre experience to buy a 80K vehicle.

Last edited:

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Got my access sometime this evening!
No e-mail, just logged in to my Rivian account and there it was!
9 vehicles currently available from what I can see. Currently torn on whether I should jump on one but I've held out for OC so long I feel like I have to wait a bit longer.
1679360174588.png

1679360194769.png

1679360220684.png

1679360237488.png
El Cap and Forest Green were gone about 3 hours after I posted last night.
Everything else is still in the shop.
Makes me wonder whether these are local ones as I would expect them to get snatched up quickly if they were ones directly from Rivian showing on everyone's shop.

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
I think mine was set up so that if I picked a launch I had to pay for the wheel upgrade. And for some reason the adventure I selected was $300 less than a launch with the same config.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I think mine was set up so that if I picked a launch I had to pay for the wheel upgrade. And for some reason the adventure I selected was $300 less than a launch with the same config.
So the savings is hit and miss....

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS
Do the cars that appear in the shop vary based on ones location? I'm in the So Cal area and was invited to the shop 3 days ago but have never seen any cars available. Also, are they now opening up Launch Edition vehicles to people with adventure configs?

Sponsored

kapaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Do the cars that appear in the shop vary based on ones location? I'm in the So Cal area and was invited to the shop 3 days ago but have never seen any cars available. Also, are they now opening up Launch Edition vehicles to people with adventure configs?
Yes. There were some available yesterday in Midwest, Northeast, Arizona based on reports here and they appear to be different for each location.

Last edited:

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
It appears that your location changes what is in "your" shop. People have posted here that they see nothing while others post simultaneously that their shops are several R1S to choose from.
LE's are available to those that selected an ADV model. The restrictions on that aren't clear, meaning is the option to choose a LE model only available to older reservation holders that have an LE or ADV model, or just anyone that gets in teh shop?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

They go quickly

Geight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

So my guide requested me shop access last Wednesday and I didn’t have it yet today and followed up. She confirmed that while she sent in the request the Ops team consciously did not process it as I was adventure holder.
So I suspect those with adventure getting access got access because they were close to getting a VIN match (which is when shop access opens automatically), they are launch, or they were friends and family.

This seems the most probable IMO, and while it seems like some that had estimated dates WAY in the future are somehow getting bumped up, keep in mind production, transport, build options, etc… are constantly changing and it could just be that they had a VIN right around the corner….

Interested In others thoughts though…
Sponsored

Last edited: