Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Very confused how there are 2023 LE/LG trucks in the shop. The “canceled” orders assumption doesn’t jive with me. There has to be something else… I feel like a conspiracy theorist lol.
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Very confused how there are 2023 LE/LG trucks in the shop. The “canceled” orders assumption doesn’t jive with me. There has to be something else… I feel like a conspiracy theorist lol.
They still have many many launch orders to fulfill for Canada as they just started deliveries there, this is likely spillover from those orders. My guess is that they’ll keep building launch green through end of the 2023.

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Yeah, weird pricing coz my LE was was c.$71k so it may be LE, but POST March '22 pricing. I think I've just confused myself to be honest.... feel free to ignore this.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

@rhuber - It's been nearly a year since you took delivery of an R1T. Why do you still have shop access?

OP
OP

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
@rhuber - It's been nearly a year since you took delivery of an R1T. Why do you still have shop access?
I ordered three total and have an R1S and R1T max pack order. They gave R1T max pack folks shop access a while back to get some to switch to large pack afaik.

Sponsored

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
What it says in the title. There are 14 Launch Green available, and I'd never seen any in here before. Quite a few of every color are ready for homes...

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 4.17.52 PM.png
Of course they show up after I cancelled my order since it appeared as though LG was never going to happen. Oh well, what's done is done.

markp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian finally broke me down. There was a launch green truck that matched up to my reservation so I jumped ship off the quad/max pack boat and snagged one. Supposedly it's ready now for delivery. 191XX VIN. Hopefully not somebody's lemon. LOL.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i also decided to snag one of the Launch Greens from the Shop today. i'd been holding out for my RC/OC... was only waiting this long because i switched from the T to the S and then back to the T. my delivery window was still "processing estimate" but pretty sure it was going to say Jul-Sep on the next update. and i have had access to the Shop for a month anyhow.... i was just holding out hope id see a Launch Green with 20s drop and today it was the mother lode.

im pre-3/1 pricing and picking up the Launch Edition gets me the paint and wheel upgrade for free, so saving $3200. i couldn't say no to that. only other thing that would have been cherry on top would be if it had the powered tonneau and 20' Brights but no luck there.

all in all i know im pretty lucky.

Rivian R1T R1S A lot of R1Ts just appeared in the shop, including some Launch Green. 1679028748028

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
i also decided to snag one of the Launch Greens from the Shop today. i'd been holding out for my RC/OC... was only waiting this long because i switched from the T to the S and then back to the T. my delivery window was still "processing estimate" but pretty sure it was going to say Jul-Sep on the next update. and i have had access to the Shop for a month anyhow.... i was just holding out hope id see a Launch Green with 20s drop and today it was the mother lode.

im pre-3/1 pricing and picking up the Launch Edition gets me the paint and wheel upgrade for free, so saving $3200. i couldn't say no to that. only other thing that would have been cherry on top would be if it had the powered tonneau and 20' Brights but no luck there.

all in all i know im pretty lucky.

1679028748028.png
Nice! A launch green with oc interior. That’s a great combo, haven’t seen much of those

Viperssd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Audi Q7, Tesla Model 3
So the part I'm really confused about is that there are also several other colors that are denoted as 'Launch Editions' in my shop too
Rivian R1T R1S A lot of R1Ts just appeared in the shop, including some Launch Green. 1679033599878

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So the part I'm really confused about is that there are also several other colors that are denoted as 'Launch Editions' in my shop too
1679033599878.png
You can get Launch Edition in any color. The LG color though is only available on the LE then goes away.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
1679033599878.png
It’s funny because without the wheel upgrade and the launch green color the only thing “Launch” about this will be the interior badging. Rivian is so weird, lol.

Viperssd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Audi Q7, Tesla Model 3
You can get Launch Edition in any color. The LG color though is only available on the LE then goes away.
It just doesn't match up with the potential reason that Launch Editions are still being built, it was hypothesized it was due to the Launch Green color, but I'm seeing every flavor of a Launch Edition which then begs to ask, why have they ended up back at LEs again. Especially since it also means free wheel upgrades which is true for a lot of the configs in there, including some AT wheel option vehicles that are now at a discount...

OP
OP

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
It just doesn't match up with the potential reason that Launch Editions are still being built, it was hypothesized it was due to the Launch Green color, but I'm seeing every flavor of a Launch Edition which then begs to ask, why have they ended up back at LEs again. Especially since it also means free wheel upgrades which is true for a lot of the configs in there, including some AT wheel option vehicles that are now at a discount...
This is pure speculation, but if you wanted to offer a discount without directly offering a discount, this would be one way to do it, and would require almost no physical changes to the vehicle. I know there are plenty of Adventure mixed in, but the latest drop of inventory seems to be overwhelmingly LE.

Edit: to clarify, I just mean a kinda-sorta discount, since wheel upgrades for certain setups are free with LE.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Vehicles that were configured and built for other people that have cancelled their orders after being asked to move forward on them. There were a lot of people hanging on to their orders thinking they could flip them but now the market for flips is cooled way off and there's no money to be made. Especially with interest rates going up as far as they have.

The R1S I locked in the shop on Saturday was a 3XXX 2023 VIN when they are already up to 6XXX something for new production.
Sponsored