BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

I'm hearing rumors of a big push to close out the end of Q1 strong. At least in Texas, there have been a lot of R1 vehicles loaded on the train this month. I'll be getting mine at the end of the month supposedly.

Good luck to everyone in Texas.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer, 2021 RX 450L, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineering
How did it happen?
Just got a call (voicemail) & e-mail out of the blue asking if I was interested in considering taking delivery sooner rather than later. I responded and called that phone back until I spoke with someone. They wanted to learn my flexibility on options and it sounded like they were browsing the R1S shop looking for a match. They found this one, which was very close (only the wheels were an upgrade) and I agreed to take it.

Briefly during this process I logged into my Rivian account and had access to the R1S Shop. There were quite a few (~8-10?) green R1S (I did not want green) and a couple of black ones. Next time I logged in, the steps were there and no R1S shop access.

They told me the steps would become available within 48 hours, but really it was more like 8. I did all 7 steps within a matter of hours. Then the guide said it'd probably be 5-9 weeks, and then just 3 days later they were asking to schedule a delivery. :) It was surprisingly quick.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just got a call (voicemail) & e-mail out of the blue asking if I was interested in considering taking delivery sooner rather than later. I responded and called that phone back until I spoke with someone. They wanted to learn my flexibility on options and it sounded like they were browsing the R1S shop looking for a match. They found this one, which was very close (only the wheels were an upgrade) and I agreed to take it.

Briefly during this process I logged into my Rivian account and had access to the R1S Shop. There were quite a few (~8-10?) green R1S (I did not want green) and a couple of black ones. Next time I logged in, the steps were there and no R1S shop access.

They told me the steps would become available within 48 hours, but really it was more like 8. I did all 7 steps within a matter of hours. Then the guide said it'd probably be 5-9 weeks, and then just 3 days later they were asking to schedule a delivery. :) It was surprisingly quick.
U got launch edition? If so, were the upgrades on the house?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Amazing! Lottery winner 🏆

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I would expect to see a wave of deliveries and factory pickups over the next 2 weeks to help 1st qtr delivery numbers.

Would be nice to get the difference between build and delivered so we can see if that delta is tightening but I do not think they will prOviedo that. Would love to see the R1T, R1S, and EDV breakdown as well for build and delivery.
All i know is I hardly see any red, yellow, or blue r1s deliveries....🤔 a lot of green(fg and Lg) appear in the r1s shop

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q7, 2018 BMW 640i
Wow! Looks great! Congrats on the new ride! Hopefully I'll get mine soon!
Got invited to the R1 shop three weeks ago and all I saw were green launch editions. Waited longerchecked in every few hours and when I found one I took a minute to think about it and it was GONE. Next day looked and there it was a Limestone/black with 22 inch bright wheels, I didn’t hesitate. Of course it was not an ocean coast interior, but after waiting and waiting I pulled the trigger. I zipped through the first 6 steps and finished the last two and my vehicle will be delivered Monday. About 50 miles from SC in Miami. The whole process from when I clicked on the shop was about 8 days! This 76yr old feels like 21 again!

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P

What was your pre-order date? Whats the interior color on yours?

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Got invited to the R1 shop three weeks ago and all I saw were green launch editions. Waited longerchecked in every few hours and when I found one I took a minute to think about it and it was GONE. Next day looked and there it was a Limestone/black with 22 inch bright wheels, I didn’t hesitate. Of course it was not an ocean coast interior, but after waiting and waiting I pulled the trigger. I zipped through the first 6 steps and finished the last two and my vehicle will be delivered Monday. About 50 miles from SC in Miami. The whole process from when I clicked on the shop was about 8 days! This 76yr old feels like 21 again!
You will love limestone. Of course I’m a little biased. Congrats!

OP
OP

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
All i know is I hardly see any red, yellow, or blue r1s deliveries....🤔 a lot of green(fg and Lg) appear in the r1s shop
In my brief access it was only green and black. Blue was my preferred color, but no options there. Black was my second option and not far behind so I jumped on it. I don't hate the green but I probably would've kept on waiting for black or blue.

OP
OP

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
What was your pre-order date? Whats the interior color on yours?
Sept 2021. Interior is Black Mountain + Dark Ash Wood.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Congrats, @JoseQ! The photo you posted is commercial quality. If you created that image, I'm impressed.
Sponsored