Sponsored

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Email-

“We appreciate having your support and commitment as we continue this journey together.

In preparation for deliveries, we’ve updated our website with new details on owning a Rivian — from ordering online and taking delivery at home, to a map of the locations for our network of fast chargers, the Rivian Adventure Network.

At the plant, we are working through validation and bringing up our production lines. We are focused on quality and consistency as we begin ramping up our volume week-by-week through spring and summer. Many of you have spotted our camouflaged development vehicles being tested across the US. With hundreds of vehicles in this test fleet across several build phases, these development vehicles help us ensure that you are extremely happy with what we ultimately deliver to you. Our confidence in your satisfaction is demonstrated in our 7-day, 1,000-mile return policy.

Delivery timing will be based on your original preorder date, plus two additional factors:

Where you take delivery

To provide the best ownership experience, our delivery schedule is synced with the growing coverage of our Rivian Service Centers, Mobile Service fleet and available charging infrastructure. Now is a good time to update your address in your Rivian Account.

What you configured

We will initially be building similarly configured vehicles grouped by paint color, interior package and option choices. Grouping vehicles this way helps us accelerate our ramp up and deliver as many vehicles to customers as possible.

A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. From that point forward, your Guide will be with you every step of the way — from purchase to delivery and beyond.

This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand. We will be giving Launch Edition preorder holders first access, helping you prepare for the adventures you’ll soon be taking. Our schedule and program details will be announced soon.

We look forward to meeting you soon and planning your delivery. Until then, you can find more on our online Support Center, including links to email, chat or call. Our team is available 8AM to 8PM CT. And please visit our updated website for more on our ownership experience.

Here’s to many adventures ahead.

— The Guides”

Not totally unexpected, but potentially frustrating. I ordered the day Rivian opened up to take reservations. My reservation number is in the 1300s. The part about being contacted by Thanksgiving isn't reassuring because that could put me in 2022 before I would receive my truck. Which is one of the reasons I did not order the bigger battery pack (I did not want to wait until 2022 to get my vehicle).

So if I want a color that isn't in the initial batch, with the wrong interior and options I may not get my truck for an additional 6 months (or longer)? The only pro there is I get the chance to see how the truck gets reviewed and for Rivian to work out the initial kinks. But at this point in time that is a small consolation.

We live on the east coast in a fairly rural state. So there is a decent chance Rivian will not have a service center open up close to us for a while. I get why they are doing it, but I am not happy about it. Yes, I do understand it's a first world problem.

Getting in early sets an expectation of being one of the first to receive your order. Now that caveats start to come out it's just disappointing.

My disclaimer is everything I just opined about is based on pure speculation and could prove to be incorrect (hope so).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have seen a couple of items that they expect all LEs to be delivered by year end.

I have not seen any mention of that changing yet....
Correct. This seems like the biggest "statement" of their intention to get all LE vehicles delivered in 2021. Plans can change if they run into problems during manufacturing, but this makes it seem pretty clear their plan is to get every LE delivered by the end of the year.

Assuming you finalize the order prior to Thanksgiving, it does not seem totally unreasonable that Rivian could build and deliver your vehicle in 5 weeks.

I was just pointing out that even if its more like 5-10 weeks from order to delivery, that still puts almost all LEs delivered in 2021, with a few Yellow R1S, forest edge LE vehicles in 2022. :CWL: Thank the world for Team Yellow.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

No specifications on R1T vs R1S for timing. Makes me think that maybe R1T LE/LG all get delivered by what, Sept/Oct?

I wish they would update the configurator with "First Batch" options :p

Reactions: Rad

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Not totally unexpected, but potentially frustrating. I ordered the day Rivian opened up to take reservations. My reservation number is in the 1300s. The part about being contacted by Thanksgiving isn't reassuring because that could put me in 2022 before I would receive my truck. Which is one of the reasons I did not order the bigger battery pack (I did not want to wait until 2022 to get my vehicle).

So if I want a color that isn't in the initial batch, with the wrong interior and options I may not get my truck for an additional 6 months (or longer)? The only pro there is I get the chance to see how the truck gets reviewed and for Rivian to work out the initial kinks. But at this point in time that is a small consolation.

We live on the east coast in a fairly rural state. So there is a decent chance Rivian will not have a service centers open up close to us for a while. I get why they are doing it, but I am not happy about it. Yes, I do understand it's a first world problem.

Getting in early sets an expectation of being one of the first to receive your order. Now that caveats start to come out it's just disappointing.

My disclaimer is everything I just opined about is based on pure speculation and could prove to be incorrect (hope so).
Part of the Guide's responsibility is working with you on options which may delay your delivery. As a Day 1 reservation holder, I would expect to be at the top of the list to be contacted by a Guide regardless of what I currently have configured (as long as it is a Launch Edition). The Guide would then be able to say something like "I see you have black wheels configured. We won't be shipping those until fall, but if you want silver wheels we can deliver in a month."

The email was definitely designed to temper expectations. However, this is more a result people who didn't reserve until last November still being able to configure Launch Edition vehicles rather than early reservation holders being skipped over for more favorable configurations.

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
No specifications on R1T vs R1S for timing. Makes me think that maybe R1T LE/LG all get delivered by what, Sept/Oct?

I wish they would update the configurator with "First Batch" options :p
Ha - would be nice. As we're all trying to read between the lines here as to what the first batches will be, I'm going to guess that the colors we've seen most prominently (Forest Green, Rivian Blue, El Cap) will be in the early runs as those color formulations seem to be done (hence we've seen them unwrapped). I guess LA Silver is a late entry into that pack as well with the truck that was on display in Austin.

Of course, my LE configuration is El Cap so this is more of me hoping than anything else.

ajclemente

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mountain Bike
Occupation
Landscaper
I feel this is really bad news, as a LE pre-order holder there is a 7 month window just to find out when you will get finalize your order.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Mountain bike trail etiquette in Seattle is to leave nothing of value in your vehicle. You should carry you wallet etc in a hip/fanny pack. Otherwise car break ins are out of control. Similar concept to not feeding the bears...
I guess the benefit is your wallet isn't stolen... But it seems like your car window will still be smashed, right?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Yeah c'mon where's the 'Non-load bearing' or only load bearing up to x-lbs disclaimer fine print? Must be a pre-production Fob
Maybe ours will just aptly say...please don't be dumb.

Sponsored

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Ha - would be nice. As we're all trying to read between the lines here as to what the first batches will be, I'm going to guess that the colors we've seen most prominently (Forest Green, Rivian Blue, El Cap) will be in the early runs as those color formulations seem to be done (hence we've seen them unwrapped). I guess LA Silver is a late entry into that pack as well with the truck that was on display in Austin.

Of course, my LE configuration is El Cap so this is more of me hoping than anything else.
I've been thinking this whole time that Launch Green would be the first run since its a limited edition thing and they aren't planning to offer it after LE's. But no telling until we get.... closer to production.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I feel this is really bad news, as a LE pre-order holder there is a 7 month window just to find out when you will get finalize your order.
This just gives more details about what they've said all along. Not sure what the bad news is.
They can't really give a time frame to everyone up front. They need to work down the LE list (by reservation date) to start booking time slots. What/how/if the earlier reservation holders order will impact later reservation holders.
Location throws a bit of a wrench in the works, but nothing that wasn't made clear from the beginning.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
"This summer, we will be kicking off a test drive program to get you behind the wheel and experiencing our vehicles firsthand. We will be giving preorder holders first access, helping you prepare for the adventures you’ll soon be taking. Our schedule and program details will be announced soon."

How has no one seemed to care about Test Drives in this thread or did I just skim over it?!?! ? ;):clap:?:cool:
Sponsored