Sponsored

RJ and Mary Barra on BlackRock 's Future Forum.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

RJ just knocked it out of the park on BlackRock's Future Forum! He and Mary Barra gave great presentations on the electrification of automobiles, outlining Rivian's & GM's roles going forward. I'm not sure if it was my tablet or not, but Mary looked a little Launch Green with envy. ??

It was a wonderful combination of a legacy automaker committing to going all electric, along with the brightest new star in the industry telling his story and vision of the future. I especially appreciated RJ not referencing climate change so much as outlining how the last century of fossil fuel use represents "a reversal of millions of years of Atmospheric Evolution." As he put it, we have been "re-carbonizing" the atmosphere by using fossil fuels. I am not sure I've ever heard anyone put it quite that way, but it clicked with me more than the terminology I've heard over the years from scientists and politicians.

Look for it on BlackRock's website later today. I think you'll enjoy it!

Way to go RJ!???

https://www.blackrock.com/us/individual
Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Although I was more focused on RJ and Mary in BlackRock's Future Forum, some guy named Bill Gates was in the discussion as well. Seems like another bright kid with a good future. Not sure about a guy naming his company "MicroSoft", but it seems to be doing pretty well for him, so far....?

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Has anyone been able to find the video of the panel yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Has anyone been able to find the video of the panel yet?
I wrongly assumed this would be more easily available on-line. The on demand version is, or should be, accessible through the website below. It appears you have to register to gain access to the program entitled: “Sustainability: The Path To Net Zero”, and then click on the “On Demand” tab and then click on the “Taking Ideas To Action” tab for the interview with RJ. All four of the tabs in the On Demand section are worth watching, and it is nice they’re all individualized to save the time of finding each interview separately.

https://blackrock.6connex.com/

I hope you’re able to get in and catch the interview. I already had a very strong sense of Rivian and RJ being quite extraordinary, but this interview gave me even more respect for RJ and what he’s doing for the EV movement, and the world.

Good luck and enjoy!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I asked about this in a chat with CS last night. They’re going tolook into it. I’ll post a link if I find out anything.
SpinDoc7,

Any luck getting into the replay of the interview?

Sponsored

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Haven’t tried yet. I plan on trying later tonight.
I was able to get in and watch after some trial and error. RJ was good; not a ton of new info. But still always interesting to watch.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I was able to get in and watch after some trial and error. RJ was good; not a ton of new info. But still always interesting to watch.

can you post direct link to it?

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
can you post direct link to it?
It was pretty convoluted and didn’t have a direct link that I saw. I had to register and then skip through the Bill Gates video before I was able to watch the RJ vid.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs