Sponsored

Which Manufacture will put 10K Pick-ups in Customers hand First?

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
SanzC02,
Well stated. I've been very close to purchasing a model S and/or 3 in the past and would probably have one of each if it were not precisely for items 2,3, and 4 above. Price plays a factor with the S but I love the style, tech. and performance so much I would have went for it.
I badly want out of my ICE cars they are all turds.
I am, for some reason trusting Rivian will have most of the style, tech performance without most of the poor quality, customer service as Tesla.
Sponsored

2000prerunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
BSer
SanzC02,
Well stated. I've been very close to purchasing a model S and/or 3 in the past and would probably have one of each if it were not precisely for items 2,3, and 4 above. Price plays a factor with the S but I love the style, tech. and performance so much I would have went for it.
I badly want out of my ICE cars they are all turds.
I am, for some reason trusting Rivian will have most of the style, tech performance without most of the poor quality, customer service as Tesla.

Agree , I am waiting for the Rivian because of styling, quality and the 4 independent motors .

Still I would not underestimate the huge potential Tesla has to change how vehicles are made and driven for ever. It's not all pipe dreams either. Having a vehicle that can be produced at much lower cost (new aluminum alloy and stainless steel martials + giga pressing panels Tesla is supposedly using/doing now), can eventual drive itself and comes with cheaper car insurance from the manufacture. Those are fundamental things that no one has yet apparently or will not have any time soon. A strong paint free truck that costs 40k-70k, drives itself , has good range are big issues that would eclipse smaller issues for many people (heated seats, flawless interior or so). I'm all for the Rivian personally , but I am aware that it is 65k minimum, and probably wont drive itself anytime soon (unless you just license T software).

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Really?
If you had a battery with 2,000 miles of range you would want more?
I think the point is that you cannot get 2,000. You cannot get 400 from Rivian until next year. You cannot get 500 from Tesla until next year (if it happens). What you CAN get is more like real world 250, which is simply not enough.

But personally, I will be satisfied with my 300+ LE.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
A few thoughts on the range debate:
  • Range is based on amount of energy stored (battery size, energy density) and efficiency (motors, electronic drive units, friction coefficient...) so it's not as simple as big battery is king.
  • That being said larger batter has trade-offs (weight, efficiency, cost...)
  • Charging speed and access to fast charging is easily as important as range. If one could add 200 miles of range in 5 minutes with chargers located within 100 miles consistently it would seem 300 mile range would be plenty.
... And back to the thread topic; My guess is Rivian has 10K BEV trucks/ suv on the road nearly a year prior to the next closest competitor even without counting Amazon vans, I'm counting Model X as a crossover not a Sport Utility Vehicle.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Also notable is that Edmonds some how found a picture or the R1T with the R1S wheels to lead off the article.
The main page for the R1T on the Rivian website has had those for some time....
R1T - Rivian
Rivian R1T R1S Which Manufacture will put 10K Pick-ups in Customers hand First? 1619114532516

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
The main page for the R1T on the Rivian website has had those for some time....
R1T - Rivian
1619114532516.png
Haha good catch, I believe the above article showed the same truck from a different angle. I thought I had reasonable attention to detail but many on this forum have amazing ability to catch very subtle variations in design. Another reason I love monitoring this forum.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Haha good catch, I believe the above article showed the same truck from a different angle. I thought I had reasonable attention to detail but many on this forum have amazing ability to catch very subtle variations in design. Another reason I love monitoring this forum.
The main reason I noticed is because I was at the Seattle event when that specific truck (including the new RJ Blue and the black R1S wheels) debuted. It is also what I have configured for myself but, truth be told, I would MUCH prefer a dark version of the current R1T wheels.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
The main reason I noticed is because I was at the Seattle event when that specific truck (including the new RJ Blue and the black R1S wheels) debuted. It is also what I have configured for myself but, truth be told, I would MUCH prefer a dark version of the current R1T wheels.
I was planning on attending the NY event then Covid... So I haven't seen one in person yet.

OP
OP

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Looks like the race to 10K in customer driveways is boiling down to Rivian and Ford. I'll give Rivian the node today but with a higher risk rating than Ford. I should of known better than count on Elon

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Looks like the race to 10K in customer driveways is boiling down to Rivian and Ford. I'll give Rivian the node today but with a higher risk rating than Ford. I should of known better than count on Elon
Rivian’s first and then the Lightning. But after seeing video of Tesla’s new plant in Berlin, that place looks amazing. To think the Austin plant will be even bigger. In the end, Cybertruck may outsell Rivian and Lightning combined. I have early reservations on all 3. R1T is our favorite right now. Tesla will be a major powerhouse moving into next year.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian’s first and then the Lightning. But after seeing video of Tesla’s new plant in Berlin, that place looks amazing. To think the Austin plant will be even bigger. In the end, Cybertruck may outsell Rivian and Lightning combined. I have early reservations on all 3. R1T is our favorite right now. Tesla will be a major powerhouse moving into next year.
Anecdotally, I know several people interested in either Ford or the Rivian without me evangelizing. Nobody I personally know wants the cyber truck. In a little dubious of the actual market for the cybertruck unless they actually undercut everyone (which I'm really dubious about)
Sponsored