Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Anyone else experiencing longer transitions between screens in this update. For instance I’ll be on the vehicle settings page, hit the nav page button and everything will go black for 2 seconds before transitioning. It happens frequently. Never more than 2 seconds. But annoying.
The only one that does that for me is switching to the new font camera view. It doesn't go black, but definitely a noticeable lag.
Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Anyone having issues with the front radiator louvers cycling more frequently when parked after the update?

Over the weekend while working in the garage I could hear them cycling about every 15 minutes or so. This went on for about an hour after I parked the truck. Previous to this update I would never notice the louvers cycling.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I just got the update this morning and I’m installing it now.

Dukecj

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2023 Rivian R1T
The update just finished installing, but the key fob will not update. I tried multiple times with no luck. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
Anyone having issues with the front radiator louvers cycling more frequently when parked after the update?

Over the weekend while working in the garage I could hear them cycling about every 15 minutes or so. This went on for about an hour after I parked the truck. Previous to this update I would never notice the louvers cycling.
Could it have been warm enough between just having driven the truck & the temp in the garage, that the cooling system was actively cycling? This would also activate the louvers.

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Could it have been warm enough between just having driven the truck & the temp in the garage, that the cooling system was actively cycling? This would also activate the louvers.
It's very possible that it was cooling, but my driving pattern (visits to the hardware store) on the weekend is pretty constant and I've not experienced this before. It was about 50 degrees and rainy outside. The truck sat overnight. I drove to the hardware store, about a 2 mile round trip. When parked the louvers started cycling. I'll pay attention to it this coming weekend and see if it does the same thing.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Received the download last night and installed. No issues so far and nice improvements.

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Got mine. Shows on app. But wont install it till I get my truck back from shop.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Also just appeared this morning in my app - but my R1S is getting PPF and we won't get it back until this Friday.

Hellfire

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Operations Manager
Still haven’t received this update. Guess I’m last in line.

Sponsored

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

This is an know issue. It has been happening way before update. Every time I pass by my truck and those Louvers will start cycling for no apparent reason. My truck is in shop did told them about this. They are aware of that and it will be fixed sometime in next few updates I guess.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Strangely, I got another call from Rivian Support today. They mentioned that they pushed something to my truck and asked me to go try it again.

The first time I entered the truck, the screen mentioned that my phone would need to be set up as a key. This was highly unexpected, as my iPhone was already setup as a key (and still works just fine). Regardless, I went and looked at the key tab under Settings again and noticed that my fob no longer had the "Setup" action available. Intrigued, I decided to check the Access tab, and sure enough the fob was now listed as a proximity-enabled key.

I left the vehicle and tested both my phone and the fob independently. Both seemed to work fine with proximity lock and unlock. At this point I assumed everything was working "as intended" and left the vehicle for a few hours.

Later, I went back to the vehicle and saw the notice for an update to my fob. I tried to install the update (under Vehicle > Updates) but it was unsuccessful. I called Rivian Support to let them know of my recent experiences. They asked me to perform a full restart, send them additional photos of my fob internals (identify numbers), and then for a diagnostic capture.

This is basically where we stand right now. Everything seems to be fine, but given the "update is available for your fob" still outstanding, I'm planning to continue diagnosing the issue with support. Will send updates when I have them...
Another minor update. The same support rep called me again today, this time to ask how everything is working with the fob. I explained that all of the buttons continue to work as expected, and that proximity lock/unlock is working fine too. She said that engineers have said it's fine to ignore the "update your fob" notification and that they'll attempt to make it go away on their end since my fob is already up-to-date.

That effectively closes any issues I had with this software update.

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

Just got the update last night. Does the keyfob automatically update? I didn't get a notification or opportunity to update my fob for either this update or the one before it. The tray my fob sits in inside my house is probably ~8ft from the truck so it may be in range to automatically update when the truck does? Haven't tried the proximity unlock so we'll see.

Either that or my fob battery is dead. 🤣

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Below is the email I sent Rivian Support earlier today after a phone call w/them, they also requested a close up photo of the fob internals/numbers with the back off and battery removed:

Fob Issues... since the vehicle was delivered, not just after the last SW update.

My Fob does actually function to lock/unlock the doors and Frunk and tailgate. However, the truck is requesting to "Set Up Fob" by pressing the Frunk and tailgate Fob buttons together for 2 seconds.. That fails... as it has since I received the vehicle on Jan 20th 2023.

Since the Fob was actually working to lock/unlock the vehicle it didn't really matter that the "set up fob" never worked earlier on since proximity locking via the fob was never enabled. Now that Proximity locking/unlocking is enabled via the last software update mine doesn't work w/the Fob because the vehicle still wants me to "Set Up the Fob" which always fails.

Things I have tried/done:

"Deactivated" the Fob via the phone app then "assigned" it to the truck again.

Full hard reboot of the vehicle (hazard + left steering wheel button).

Removed Fob battery and checked for voltage.. it read 3.01 Volts which is 100% fully charge for that type of battery.

Note: on the phone app, it shows a Fob assigned to my vehicle as well as "Active"... but the ID field is blank?

OriGenbio

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Engineer
Odd Error: "Battery not warm" has been blocking install for three days (It's currently 80F outside)
Sponsored