Sponsored

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
I didn't lie...I reported an event that occurred to me (and actually said that I found it spooky).
Is the purpose of a forum to share experience or is it to rip someone you don't agree with on a given topic?
I had similar experiences, but I think it's just the nav factoring in traffic.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I thought I had a bug in new software. But it wasn't... Was on about a 1 hour hwy drive. Listing to Spotify. Worked for forst 45 minutes...then just stopped. And weirdly jumped playlists. So I moved back to other playlist and restarted. And it stopped again.

I was like...this sucks...but then it just started working fine for rest of that trip and next hour trip.

Was out for dinner with my wife later and said...might have a software glitch with new update...not sure...

I explained how it stopped and jumped playlists. She said....oh....I was trying to use Spotify on the Alexa and it did same to me. Apparently we were fighting over the one accout!

I didn't know it coordinated like that.

Moral of story.....I have to not immediately blame the upgrade...but instead blame my wife! Bwaahaha!

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone else getting “vehicle error” sometimes while charging at home? Have had it happens a couple of times now. Would be nice if Rivisn at least popped up a notification when that happens…

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I thought I had a bug in new software. But it wasn't... Was on about a 1 hour hwy drive. Listing to Spotify. Worked for forst 45 minutes...then just stopped. And weirdly jumped playlists. So I moved back to other playlist and restarted. And it stopped again.

I was like...this sucks...but then it just started working fine for rest of that trip and next hour trip.

Was out for dinner with my wife later and said...might have a software glitch with new update...not sure...

I explained how it stopped and jumped playlists. She said....oh....I was trying to use Spotify on the Alexa and it did same to me. Apparently we were fighting over the one accout!

I didn't know it coordinated like that.

Moral of story.....I have to not immediately blame the upgrade...but instead blame my wife! Bwaahaha!
Spotify really doesn't like you playing on more than one device if that's all you are paying for. (Or if you are using a free account)

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Spotify really doesn't like you playing on more than one device if that's all you are paying for. (Or if you are using a free account)
That is probably the case. I have Tidal HiFi for home audio needs. And Amazon. And Apple Music. She can chose from all those, so no need to try and use my Spotify, which I only pay for, because that was way to go initially with Rivian. But it is where I manage and use my driving playlists.

Sponsored

joshtish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Information Technology.
Two bucks more for a Spotify “duo” account which is specifically designed to accommodate a couple like this!

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Got my truck updated. The option to update the fob came up. Based on others saying the option disappeared, I went to the truck ready with the fob to update it. The option was there. Tried 3-4 times to update and it said unsuccessful each time. I left the truck on and went inside and grabbed by other fob and when I got back, the option was gone. I did go thought the settings and turned on proximity unlock/lock for both fobs and it seems to be working. It never asked to update the second fob. In any case, happy to finally have this ability like just about every other new car with a key fob. I'm one that leaves my phone in the car. I'm in and out 10 times a day and don't take it with me every time I get out. Key fob is always in my pocket, so I will certainly appreciate this feature most.

Don't know if the fobs actually updated or not? I know the delay in enabling this feature was because it was killing the fob battery very quickly. I guess we'll now find out if this is an issue?
You have 2 key fobs for your 1 truck? Can we get spares?

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Two bucks more for a Spotify “duo” account which is specifically designed to accommodate a couple like this!
Good to know! I had no idea she was even interested in using Spotify, since she has Tidal, Apple Music, and Amazon Music or whatever it is called all available to her. But $2 a month I am all in! I will look up now and upgrade. I only started using Spotify because of the integration with the Rivian, and mostly was just using Tidal HiFi+ prior.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Technically it is $3 a month. Not that it matters, but incase others are reading and noting the difference.

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

You have 2 key fobs for your 1 truck? Can we get spares?
I had lost my fob. Ordered another one. Took about 2 months. Chose to order two to have a backup in case I lost it again.

Found the original about a month later, but they de-programmed it from the truck. At least I own it, so should I ever need it, will have to call service to get it programmed.

They are around $275 each.

joshtish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Information Technology.
Technically it is $3 a month. Not that it matters, but incase others are reading and noting the difference.
Oops. Misremembered. That pesky “.99” at the end…

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Update went fine for my R1T (VIN 155xx) but I haven't been able to "Set Up" my fob with the truck, even though it works fine for normal operation. This means that it isn't connecting automatically, which also means that proximity lock/unlock won't work.

I called support and they're looking into it. My rep says that he's heard of this ("Unable to pair with fob") from at least one other person on the latest update. At least in my case, I never bothered to try and update the fob during the previous release; unsure if that has any bearing on my current situation.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Anyone else not get the update yet? I got last months first day.