Sponsored

Cybertruck Latest "Beta" Prototype gets up close look inside and out at Tesla Investor Day

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
is the box of uniform height front to back? pictures suggest no.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
I know there seems to be a lot of negative opinions but the build quality looks decent from the videos. Assuming this version makes it to production there are some shared R1T features. Seems it will also have a power tonneau, outlets in the bed, air compressor etc. I assume it will also drive like a sports car in a "sport mode" similar to the R1T. I'm interested to see some reviews of the production cybertruck.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Tesla's Investor Day Livestream Disclaimer Basically Says Everything Could Be Bullshit

Tesla’s 2023 Investor Day livestream just kicked off this afternoon. It’s a chance for investors, industry followers, the media, and Tesla enthusiasts to get a glimpse at everything the electric car company has planned for 2023 and beyond. But don’t take anything CEO Elon Musk says on-stage seriously — according to the enormous disclaimer posted at the beginning of the livestream, everything and anything announced at today’s event could be total, 100-percent bullshit.

Here’s what livestream viewers saw ahead of Tesla’s investor call (no need to squint, I’ve painstakingly typed it all out below):

Screenshot: YouTube.com/Tesla

Tesla, famously, does not have a public relations department, and does not employ anybody who could answer journalists’ questions about anything. So this enormous (and enormously dense) disclaimer is just about the only statement out of Tesla that your favorite automotive writers at Jalopnik (and lesser publications) can rely on. And while ass-covering corporate disclaimers are a standard part of any company’s public announcements, when it comes to Tesla and its extremely loose relationship with its own deadlines, a statement this thorough carries extra meaning.
https://jalopnik.com/tesla-investor-day-2023-livestream-disclaimer-1850175407

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
When you have a retail base that falls for it, who’s the greater fool?
It’s sad but true. I don’t feel sorry for the aggro Musk loving crypto bros - only those who might have been in a coma or living in the arctic circle or a Cambodian jungle for the past 50 years and didn’t know who Elon Musk was until today…. I also envy those people greatly.

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I marvel at the total enthusiasm and excitement on the Cybertruck forum. I did have a reservation at Day 1 but as reality started to appear I was long gone. I was desperately looking for someone to comment that "nah, it doesn't look that great does it?" and see what allergic reaction it would get from the fans.

Oh well, each to their own.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Fact is that if CT provides good specs/price ratio, it will sell like hot cakes. I think that there is room for everyone at this point. Rivian gonna make 50k trucks this year, Tesla probably less, Ford not sure (less than 100k?). At any rate, demand will far outstrip supply in 2023. 2024, who knows?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
And what's going on with those wheels? Not sure how a normal tire machine will get a tire installed? Also, if you ever have a flat, seems you sure as heck don't want to drive on it...
That is curb rash waiting to happen. That’s got to be bling for the show…. right? They wouldn’t actually ship a wheel like that…….. would they? 🫤

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Fact is that if CT provides good specs/price ratio, it will sell like hot cakes. I think that there is room for everyone at this point. Rivian gonna make 50k trucks this year, Tesla probably less, Ford not sure (less than 100k?). At any rate, demand will far outstrip supply in 2023. 2024, who knows?
You think there was backlash when Rivian increased prices on order holders? Wait until Tesla releases the price of the CT. There are going to be some pissed off people who believed they were getting a $40k CT.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Most important thing to me is how the hell are you going to get a jump in that thing if the battery dies? I hope Tesla has thought that over.
Well, according to some CT enthusiasts, there will be tens of millions of CTs on the road, so it won’t be more than 5 or 10 minutes before another CT passes by and can jump you.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Most important thing to me is how the hell are you going to get a jump in that thing if the battery dies? I hope Tesla has thought that over.
Fortunately, the 48v batteries they are using have "near infinite" charging cycles.
Sponsored