Sponsored

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Model 3, CX-9
Agree the ramp is for all supplier too, but December was around 4000 (assuming December was higher than October) so they are already close to 50k. Their supplier already covered that - I hope they set a low target and plan to raise it periodically to help the stock. We will know more in early April with the Q1 production numbers but at this rate no need for the third shift and they can spend their time making better vehicles and relieving pressure on the service centers.
They mentioned having better predictability with suppliers (with shortages). So they might already know now certain parts and components will constrain them in the coming year, and 50k is as high as they're ever going to get in the foreseeable future even with extra shifts/increased efficiencies etc.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I suspect that the space for the spare in the R1S will be utilized for extra batteries as well.
That space is typically not used for batteries because it would really limit the amount of crush space.

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The irony is they are trying hard to get rid of price-locked quad holders.
Yep. Based on R1T pricing right now on their website configurator, I think the difference between Quad/Large and Dual/Max is $2K more. Assuming that stays about the same for the R1S, they might be successful in switching a of people.

For me I'm a locked quad holder due in H1 2024..,. with comparable 0-60 with 70-80 more miles of extra range for $2k... I mean if the delivery time isn't pushed back, that's certain worth considering.

Last edited:

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Yep. Based on R1T pricing right now on their website configurator, I think the difference between Quad/Large and Dual/Max is $2K more. Assuming that stays about the same for the R1, they might be successful in switching a of people.

For me I'm a locked quad holder due in H1 2024..,. with comparable 0-60 with 70-80 more miles of extra range for $2k... I mean if the delivery time isn't pushed back, that's certain worth considering.
Pre-price hike people at 10k cheaper for quad/large vs dual/large

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Yep. Based on R1T pricing right now on their website configurator, I think the difference between Quad/Large and Dual/Max is $2K more. Assuming that stays about the same for the R1, they might be successful in switching a of people.

I'd definitely switch my reservation if it were a 2K upcharge. Dual motors meet my needs and would rather have more battery

Sponsored

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-price hike people at 10k cheaper for quad/large vs dual/large
Right, I'm assuming some sort of proration to account for price-locked people, and not defaulting any configuration changes they make to current pricing. Otherwise they can't expect very many pre-locks to be incentivized to make the switch to dual/max.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Right, I'm assuming some sort of proration to account for price-locked people, and not defaulting any configuration changes they make to current pricing. Otherwise they can't expect very many pre-locks to be incentivized to make the switch to dual/max.
I don't think anyone can select dual max anymore unless you had it selected a few months ago

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I don't think anyone can select dual max anymore unless you had it selected a few months ago
If I remember, though, Max Pack was never an option in the R1S configurator.

Sponsored

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One of the points of the announcement today was that they said they will reaching out existing reservation holders on how to update your configuration if desired for the Dual/Max , but they didn't give specifics on timing or cost.

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

Is the large pack same as max pack?

greatdane1588