First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Edition
Occupation
Engineer
I took delivery of my R1T at the Plymouth service center two weeks ago. Are there any members here in the Ann Arbor or Detroit areas? If anyone is down to grab a beer or coffee, post up here!

I've come to like the little car meets at High Octane Cafe in Bloomfield Hills. It'd be cool to get a little Rivian group together to meet here once in a while. Good coffee and hand-held breakfast items.

Winter Beater Breakfast Sundays | Facebook

Rivian R1T R1S SE Michigan Owners? PXL_20230118_135244454
Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
If you are in Traverse City on a Friday morning May through October, you can find me (and my R1T every second or third week) at Hagerty HQ's Cars 'N Coffee.

If I don't get my Z06 by August I will probably bring the R1T down to the Dream Cruise. It would be fun to get a bunch of R1s together for that.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I'm higher up in the Thumb but open to a meet up sometime. Will watch this thread.
And @fastwheels if you have any recommendations on chargers around TC I'll be headed that way to ski later this month too :)

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I'm higher up in the Thumb but open to a meet up sometime. Will watch this thread.
And @fastwheels if you have any recommendations on chargers around TC I'll be headed that way to ski later this month too :)
Not a lot of DCFC options around here yet. Best bet is to top off in Cadillac at EA on your way here. I've routinely gotten > 200 kW rates for several minutes there.

The highest you'll find in town currently is about 62 kW: CP at Blains Farm & Fleet on US31 south of town, and a couple of Blink units downtown. If you are heading north to Nub's or Boyne, there is a relatively new CP 62 kW unit in Eastport. I've passed by several times and never seen anyone plugged in. Kalkaska has a 62 kW CP station that folks have reported getting > 115 kW at, but I've not used that one either.

Only other 150+ DCFC is the EA in Gaylord. The RAN site in Grayling has been under construction for around 9 months now, and last I heard still not online.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

@fastwheels Thank you so much; I'm glad I asked! Treasure trove of information. I've seen some posts on that inactive RAN as well :(

Sponsored

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
About 30 minutes NW of Ann Arbor. Would be fun to attend a meet up.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
@fastwheels Thank you so much; I'm glad I asked! Treasure trove of information. I've seen some posts on that inactive RAN as well :(
Supposed to be a RAN coming to TC also - hopefully in 2023.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I'm in Commerce, and my R1S delivery moved up to May/June this year. I need to convince my wife it'll be worth it now vs. later vs. something else. So, I'd be interested in meeting up. If anyone is really close, I could trade a Lotus Elise test drive for a Rivian test drive. :)

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I'm in Commerce, and my R1S delivery moved up to May/June this year. I need to convince my wife it'll be worth it now vs. later vs. something else. So, I'd be interested in meeting up. If anyone is really close, I could trade a Lotus Elise test drive for a Rivian test drive. :)
If I still lived in Orchard Lake, I would take you up on that! We do get back down in that area from time to time to visit friends so if we end up there for a couple of days this Spring, I'd be happy to give you a test drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DetroitRed

DetroitRed

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Edition
Occupation
Engineer
I'm in Canton and work in Plymouth, so I'm reasonably close. Feel free to connect with me when the weather is more appropriate for the Lotus!

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I'm in Canton and work in Plymouth, so I'm reasonably close. Feel free to connect with me when the weather is more appropriate for the Lotus!
Sounds good. :)
I still drive the Lotus some in the winter. I put on all season tires for the winter. So, the really icy roads in my subdivision are still a bit of a concern. Fresh powder is a reason to take it grocery shopping though. :p Maybe March or April will clear up enough.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I would love to take you up on that but then I'd also bring a trailer and try to steal your Elise...

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I would love to take you up on that but then I'd also bring a trailer and try to steal your Elise...
Hah, well, I have been considering selling it if/when I get a Rivian, as we don't really need 3 cars. But, right now I think it's increasing in value and insurance isn't that much. I've had my Elise since new in 2005. It was my only car for 8 years, and I've got over 110k miles on it now. But it drives better than new because I've refreshed all the suspension stuff a couple years ago.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Impressive daily driver for 8 years! Especially if that was all in this region. Though I used to take my summer tire 330ci to ski in Vermont so I guess I wasn't as far off as I'd like to think ;)
Sponsored