First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Over the weekend in my Google Feed, I saw a story from FPL, http://newsroom.fpl.com/news-releases?item=126109 that states FPL will be installing 1,000+ EVSE stations at 100+ locations throughout the state of Florida. I have yet to see any article that specifies what level the stations will be. I can only assume that it will be a mix of Level 2 and DCFC stations. Either way, this is a win for the state of Florida. FPL states, "...These places will include public parks, shopping malls and some of the large companies that employ thousands of Florida residents..."
Sponsored

FLARIVIAN

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T6
Occupation
Retired
Over the weekend in my Google Feed, I saw a story from FPL, http://newsroom.fpl.com/news-releases?item=126109 that states FPL will be installing 1,000+ EVSE stations at 100+ locations throughout the state of Florida. I have yet to see any article that specifies what level the stations will be. I can only assume that it will be a mix of Level 2 and DCFC stations. Either way, this is a win for the state of Florida. FPL states, "...These places will include public parks, shopping malls and some of the large companies that employ thousands of Florida residents..."
As an approximate 2-year update to this thread, here is a link to the Florida Power and Light Evolution program website with more current details. https://www.fpl.com/energy-my-way/evolution.html. There is also an app from the program available for download.

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

As an approximate 2-year update to this thread, here is a link to the Florida Power and Light Evolution program website with more current details. https://www.fpl.com/energy-my-way/evolution.html. There is also an app from the program available for download.
It is exciting to see the growth of these stations. Back in May I drove by the Yulee location. There are a couple decent dining locations right there. It isn't as convenient as the Tesla Supercharger which is behind those dining locations but it is a short walk.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
It is exciting to see the growth of these stations. Back in May I drove by the Yulee location. There are a couple decent dining locations right there. It isn't as convenient as the Tesla Supercharger which is behind those dining locations but it is a short walk.
In FL summer heat and humidity, there’s no such thing as a “short walk”! Call me a wimp! ?

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

In FL summer heat and humidity, there’s no such thing as a “short walk”! Call me a wimp! ?
Sweat is just weakness leaving the body...

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
This is Florida, USPS knows better than to stick anything in a slot on a door lest some large pet bites that hand off or get shot off by a shotgun!! lol

Seriously, one's home has to be some serious old school home to see that down in S. FL. Majority of mail is left either at a community style post box, or one's mail box at the curb of one's home.
Sponsored

Last edited: