Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I talked with my Guide and have been told I am matched to a VIN! I was told it'd be a few days before being invited to start the "Digital Purchasing Process." Is that delay what others have experienced?
Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Got my charger today! Still no formal date but guide says internally 2/7. 8 steps were 1/18

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
Got my charger today! Still no formal date but guide says internally 2/7. 8 steps were 1/18
where do you find the estimated delivery date

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
My charger arrives tomorrow, 8 steps opened 1/22.

Did you get an estimated delivery date when your 8 steps opened? My guide is still saying 6-8 weeks for CA delivery of a newly produced R1S, wondering how your "informal" Feb 7 date aligns with their initial delivery estimate.

Last edited:

Sponsored

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

Did you get an estimated delivery date when your 8 steps opened? My guide is still saying 6-8 weeks for CA delivery of a newly produced R1S, wondering how your "informal" Feb 7 date aligns with their initial delivery estimate.
Did your Guide match you to a specific VIN or did you just get an email stating you are ready for 8-Steps? I signed the PBA yesterday after being matched by my Guide but was told a few days for 8-steps, which seems a bit out of the experiences others have seen.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
where do you find the estimated delivery date

I just emailed my guide:

Me:
Didnt know with the week back in full swing if you had any update on the delivery (the 8 step website still shows step 5 as the pending step and thus wont unlock 8, so no mention of 2/7 officially)

I know there's a Cincinnati service center planned - whats the timeframe and is the closest at this point Cleveland?

Guide:
Great questions! Delivery is still looking like 2/7 at the latest, but once the vehicle is done with its pre-delivery inspections, our delivery team will reach out to you to finalize a date that works best with your schedule. Beyond that, I don't have any further updates just yet.

I don't have a timeline on the Cincinnati service center either, but I will keep an eye out for you. Right now, Cleveland will be the closest and it is where your vehicle is right now!

----

so just try reaching out. I've had nothing but positive interactions with my guide

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Did your Guide match you to a specific VIN or did you just get an email stating you are ready for 8-Steps? I signed the PBA yesterday after being matched by my Guide but was told a few days for 8-steps, which seems a bit out of the experiences others have seen.
i just got an email to start the 8 steps and by the insurance step my vin was listed

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Any one know how long it takes the vehicles to ship from Normal to Brooklyn Service center

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
My 8 steps are open and I have a VIN; I got an automated email about beginning the purchase process before my guide let me know I was matched.

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) 1674602326332

I now have this. The SC is 4h away. but theres no delivery options...any ideas?

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I talked with my Guide and have been told I am matched to a VIN!
I'm not quite following. Did your guide tell you what your VIN is? Or just that you've been matched to a VIN (to be revealed later)? Do you know NN or PN (MY22 or MY23)?

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I'm not quite following. Did your guide tell you what your VIN is? Or just that you've been matched to a VIN (to be revealed later)? Do you know NN or PN (MY22 or MY23)?
When I said I was flexible on color I got a call and told what was available that met my other criteria. I picked one, was sent a PBA with the new configuration and told I was Matched to a VIN and should get 8-Steps in a few days.
It’s the delay on 8-Steps that has me wondering. Also, I was not given the actual VIN but told it was for a 2023.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I now have this. The SC is 4h away. but theres no delivery options...any ideas?
Need more info. Are you trading with Rivian on your E350? Can you take a day off to make the round trip to the Cleveland SC?

You've got Electrify America DC fast chargers in Mansfield and Columbus. I'd be nervous about making the Cleveland to Cincinnati drive, in the winter, in a brand new EV, without stopping for some charge en route.
Sponsored