Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Toyota is a conservative company. The 2024 Tacoma styling will simply be an evolution of the current truck that still sells like hot cakes.

It’s unlike the new WRX redesign that has seen sales take a nosedive due to the ugly black plastic cladding around the wheel wells and a barely noticeable 3hp increase.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Toyota is a conservative company. The 2024 Tacoma styling will simply be an evolution of the current truck that still sells like hot cakes.

It’s unlike the new WRX redesign that has seen sales take a nosedive due to the ugly black plastic cladding around the wheel wells and a barely noticeable 3hp increase.
If they would just paint the cladding it doesn't look half bad. The rear bumper is TERRIBLE without paint though.

Reactions: Guy

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I personally like it since it took the design of the Tacoma EV concept which looked good imo. I am not a huge fan of Toyota interiors however the one in the newer Tundra is nice so it would be cool if a similar interior to that is in the Tacoma.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
So much for making the interior bigger. It does track pretty closely with the Tacoma-like EV pick up they showed off at that event a couple years ago they held to prove to everyone they were in the EV game :CWL:

Rivian R1T R1S Upcoming Competition: 2024 Tacoma Pickup Design Leaked 📸 2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 3
Rivian R1T R1S Upcoming Competition: 2024 Tacoma Pickup Design Leaked 📸 Toyota-Truck-EV-1024x555

Last edited:

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Not going to lie, I kind of love it. I don’t have a ton of faith that it’ll get more than 250 mi of range and subpar charging speed, but I’ll watch this space.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Looks just like the gasser. Sigh.

It doesn't fuel the same, it doesn't drive the same, it doesn't brake the same. Why should it look the same? I think the successful designs will be the ones that look different. Maybe 5 years ago ok, but playing conservative now is a loser, IMHO.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Not going to lie, I kind of love it. I don’t have a ton of faith that it’ll get more than 250 mi of range and subpar charging speed, but I’ll watch this space.
To be clear, the pics @Administrator linked to are for the new ICE Tacoma. At the rate Toyota is moving the EV version will be available in 2030 and offer the specs you noted while all other EV trucks are getting 400+ mile range

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
lol at that haters. The Tacoma is the best selling truck of the class. I think it looks great and I'm sure it will have the relability to back it up. As for dimensions, we won't know until they have a full scale model and we see people walking around/sitting in it. The feeling from the December 2021 EV showcase was the truck was bigger than the current tacoma.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I've never liked the look of Tacos. I know they're a fantastic vehicle and many of my friends swear by them for offroading and overlanding, but I've always thought they were ugly. Honestly, I don't think there's a truck on the market other than the Rivian that I *do* like the looks of. Maybe I'm just developing Boomeritis :p

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I still can't comprehend why the current 4Runner is basically the same as the original 5th gen design that came out in 2009!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Well, it still looks like a Tacoma. Personally, I like the designs of the 2023 Colorado/Canyon more.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
I still can't comprehend why the current 4Runner is basically the same as the original 5th gen design that came out in 2009!
Because it is the same 5th gen, nothing has changed except a minor refresh in 2015. Toyota was going to kill off the 4Runner before the popularity of the refresh. Toyota keeps there models around for a long time to maintain reliability, parts availability, and 3rd party support. Some of the most supported aftermarket models are the Wrangler and 4Runner.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Mostly because people love them and they generally sell over 100k per year. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Reactions: Mjl