Sponsored

Rivian Images - interesting tidbits & Launch Green !?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

While looking at Rivian site (for the millionth time) this image in the Rivian Guides Storyline caught my eye...
first for the detail features one can see on the battery 'skateboard' ...
then I noticed the production line in the background... and did I spot LAUNCH GREEN ! (probably not)

post other images from Rivian site if you find interesting things or details after viewing at least 1,000 times.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Images - interesting tidbits & Launch Green !? Rivian site photo-Skateboard chassis.PNG

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Images - interesting tidbits & Launch Green !? LG photo
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I believe Rivian has said LG was inspired by their primer... So what you see in the picture is probably just a primed chassis.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I believe Rivian has said LG was inspired by their primer... So what you see in the picture is probably just a primed chassis.
Trust me, I more than know that... this "tone" of green doesn't look like the very familiar primer color that is more poop brown-green than monotone green.

I thought about primer right off, but can see the roof top and hood top match, and why have a primed chassis following an obviously final painted chassis down the same line. I know that's not impossible or crazy, just not a default common rationale.

Sponsored

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Trust me, I more than know that... this "tone" of green doesn't look like the very familiar primer color that is more poop brown-green than monotone green.

I thought about primer right off, but can see the roof top and hood top match, and why have a primed chassis following an obviously final painted chassis down the same line. I know that's not impossible or crazy, just not a default common rationale.
I think you might be on to something! It looks different than than the olive green primer we've seen and I agree it doesn't make sense to have an unpainted body right behind a painted one on the same line.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

looking closely at more photos throughout Stories (even older posts)...
Is this the Limestone paint? If so, I really dig it! Looks a bit like Ford's new "Cactus Gray"

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Images - interesting tidbits & Launch Green !? Limestone

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
While looking at Rivian site (for the millionth time) this image in the Rivian Guides Storyline caught my eye...
first for the detail features one can see on the battery 'skateboard' ...
then I noticed the production line in the background... and did I spot LAUNCH GREEN ! (probably not)

LG photo.png
Nope, that is a 'light' Green. So, Forest Green.
My guess is that Launch Green will be darker.

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

looking closely at more photos throughout Stories (even older posts)...
Is this the Limestone paint? If so, I really dig it! Looks a bit like Ford's new "Cactus Gray"

Limestone.png
No. Rivian has stated that is not Limestone.

weathermission

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weathermission.com
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
I don't understand what al the confusion is about regarding launch green. It was on display throughout this entire video. Looks quite brown in factory lighting. This wasn't just a primed chassis they were applying all the bells and whistles to it.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I don't understand what al the confusion is about regarding launch green. It was on display throughout this entire video. Looks quite brown in factory lighting. This wasn't just a primed chassis they were applying all the bells and whistles to it.

I'm with you its not primer the lights are on. This is launch green. yes this isnt in daylight to see what it looks like but we haven't really gotten that with the other colors as well.
Sponsored