Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

rivianr1s_2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Awesomeee!!
I have a VIN assigned as well and working on getting the loan. My guide told me the vehicle is enroute to Costa Mesa and will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. Exciteeeed and hoping it passes inspection after reaching here. But weird that my previous R1S was 25** and this one is 18** and both 2022 so definitely this one is older.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Awesomeee!!
I have a VIN assigned as well and working on getting the loan. My guide told me the vehicle is enroute to Costa Mesa and will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. Exciteeeed and hoping it passes inspection after reaching here. But weird that my previous R1S was 25** and this one is 18** and both 2022 so definitely this one is older.
Yes they say the vehicles do not come off the line in order but I would think they would be close. My old vin was 817, the new one is 16**, I was looking at cars and ids, there was an R1S sold last month VIN 1651 built in 10/22 so will be interested in seeing the build date on mine.

I’m not so concerned about when it was built though, seems like shipping and deliveries are a huge bottleneck for them right now, they need to really address that. I pick mine up in Costa Mesa as well, would be great if it was traveling with yours but I was told it was still in Normal. I’ll give it a couple of weeks and see if I can get a delivery update.

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
Awesomeee!!
Did you go from "radio silence" to "you've got a truck" out of the blue or was there endless back-and-forth with your guide?

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
Did you go from "radio silence" to "you've got a truck" out of the blue or was there endless back-and-forth with your guide?
We've been told our R1S is built, still at the plant in Normal. Any insight into how long it takes from completion of build to getting thru Normal QA and being shipped? We keep getting the boilerplate "it takes 6-8 weeks from getting a VIN to getting the vehicle", but does that account for when/ whether the vehicle is thru production?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
We've been told our R1S is built, still at the plant in Normal. Any insight into how long it takes from completion of build to getting thru Normal QA and being shipped? We keep getting the boilerplate "it takes 6-8 weeks from getting a VIN to getting the vehicle", but does that account for when/ whether the vehicle is thru production?
Depends on where you live but I'd say 2-3ish weeks if all goes as planned.

Another FE coming off the line... Come on baby, I gotta be close!

Sponsored

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
Depends on where you live but I'd say 2-3ish weeks if all goes as planned.

Another FE coming off the line... Come on baby, I gotta be close!
Sorry, do you mean 2-3 weeks before we get the vehicle, or 2-3 weeks before it even gets shipped?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Sorry, do you mean 2-3 weeks before we get the vehicle, or 2-3 weeks before it even gets shipped?
2-3 weeks usually after you are assigned a VIN. I have to caution that everything must go well for this to happen. It still has to pass QC at the SC.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Awesomeee!!
Congrats!

Did you get your VIN this year and you are getting 2022 model?

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
As far as I can tell… Ours was built 12/29 (I think), assigned to me on 12/30, shipped via rail on 12/31, and arrived in Bellevue, WA at the service center on 1/20.

It’s in final checks and I’m expecting to be able to schedule delivery this coming week.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As far as I can tell… Ours was built 12/29 (I think), assigned to me on 12/30, shipped via rail on 12/31, and arrived in Bellevue, WA at the service center on 1/20.

It’s in final checks and I’m expecting to be able to schedule delivery this coming week.
Let's start deep cleaning that garage....

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Got my 8 steps this morning! It's odd since I talked to my guide yesterday and he mentioned they didnt have a vin match for me yet.

*Edit* Got to the insurance part of my steps, there's the VIN! 2023 model, #37XX

Last edited:

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
Got my 8 steps this morning! It's odd since I talked to my guide yesterday and he mentioned they didnt have a vin match for me yet.
That would be odd in the normal world...but the rivian universe is a strange place. One minute you get a message saying you are months away from the vehicle, the next minute they are asking how you want to pay for it and can you pick it up at lunch time tomorrow.

Schmurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Clubs

I got my 8 Steps on Thursday. LE R1S with FE interior. My vin is 35xx and it's 2023! Can't schedule delivery yet, but my guide said that it is waiting to leave the factory.

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I got my 8 Steps on Thursday. LE R1S with FE interior. My vin is 35xx and it's 2023! Can't schedule delivery yet, but my guide said that it is waiting to leave the factory.
Interesting. I think this means either they are building a lot more than I thought or mine was built sooner than I thought. Mine is a 2023, single digit VIN.
Sponsored