Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Shouldn't be using cruise control in those conditions anyway. That said, we still need regular old, dumb cruise control for other reasons...like driving into the sun and the cameras won't work.
The likelihood of cruise control working on a summer evening with good visibility is less than half for me… cause the cameras get blocked or it throws some flag.

I’m not going to run cruise control in dangerous conditions…. but it takes way less than that the throw off the cameras.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Shouldn't be using cruise control in those conditions anyway. That said, we still need regular old, dumb cruise control for other reasons...like driving into the sun and the cameras won't work.
What we need is a moving hood ornament that shades the cameras from direct sunlight.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
My Tesla doesn’t do it. Most other EVs don’t do it. Rivian is the only one with this problem. Needs to be addressed. If you read some of the other threads on vampire drain you can see the issue….
This is directly from Tesla:
”It is expected for a Tesla car to consume around 1% of charge per day while parked.”

Source: https://www.tesla.com/en_eu/support/range

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
It would be nice if the FM radio could remember the last station it was tuned to and didn’t require me to manually select it each time I use the radio.

Technology!
'Memory station selection' tech has been around 100 years. At least the fix will be OTA, which actually is amazing tech :)

Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? 1674306403297

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

The likelihood of cruise control working on a summer evening with good visibility is less than half for me… cause the cameras get blocked or it throws some flag.

I’m not going to run cruise control in dangerous conditions…. but it takes way less than that the throw off the cameras.
I have had many cars in the last 7 or so years with ACC. They all worked in “less-than-clear” weather conditions, up to the point that conditions were bad enough that the driver should take control.

A “light drizzle” doesn’t count as “adverse” which is about where the R1T’s ACC craps out. It’s either a very poor implementation or excessively nannied. Perhaps both. It needs work.

Rdfritz1967

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2019 F150, 2020 NX 300, 2023Mini Cooper
Occupation
Finance Manager
Regular cruise control without ACC or Driver + should be optionsal, for all the reasons metnioned here. You can actually get some of that if you are towing, the truck is already programmed to disable driver+ when towing. Cruise should have a "resume" button. I should be able to push a button after a braking situation and have the truck work back to the speed (every other vehicle I've owned has this). Driver + should not default to "on" each time you start the truck. I do not want the auto braking feature active and I have to disable it every time I start the truck, which may be 3 or for times during an errand run.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

I have had many cars in the last 7 or so years with ACC. They all worked in “less-than-clear” weather conditions, up to the point that conditions were bad enough that the driver should take control.

A “light drizzle” doesn’t count as “adverse” which is about where the R1T’s ACC craps out. It’s either a very poor implementation or excessively nannied. Perhaps both. It needs work.
I think a ticket may be in order for you two. I have had some issues with Driver+, but it routinely works in the rain, fog (except peanut butter thick fog) , and perma-drizzle of the PNW. Plenty of times on I-5 Highway Assist worked great in conditions where I barely felt comfortable driving myself...

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Strongly agree with toggle screens with steering wheel buttons. It’s a safety feature as trying to hit the small touch controls is tricky. Alexa works to switch to nav screen but can’t get it to change to drive mode screen, etc.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

On the bottom tray of the main screen, I want the Camera icon to be stuck there, in exchange for the Vehicle icon. Sometimes when I need the proximity cameras, I need it quickly, and having to touch twice rather than once and remove my eyes from driving for 1-2 seconds makes a big difference.

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
On the bottom tray of the main screen, I want the Camera icon to be stuck there, in exchange for the Vehicle icon.
Yes, something close to that for me too. I use the camera every single time I park away from home. I’m constantly having to search for the camera icon again.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
On the bottom tray of the main screen, I want the Camera icon to be stuck there, in exchange for the Vehicle icon. Sometimes when I need the proximity cameras, I need it quickly, and having to touch twice rather than once and remove my eyes from driving for 1-2 seconds makes a big difference.
Seconded. Another option is an icon on the top-left next to the driver profile. The cameras are more of a function than an app and should be distinct from the other apps.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
2 pedal driving mode that mimics ice driving (not for me, I love one pedal, but for my wife and others new to EV driving)

Reverse needs a creep mode.

(And Apple car play)

Last edited: