Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

yeah it's strange that there are a lot o MY's at $55,990 which is just over the tax credit. I wonder why they just don't knock 1000 off on these.
You can order and still get under the cap with a quick delivery.
Sponsored

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
This is the best summary...in other forums people agree with his reasoning
This price drop is very interesting. Don't forget Tesla can sell their global EV credits to other manufacturers ones that also make ice cars and didn't make enough Els get fined. Instead of them being fined by the EU they just pay Tesla a fraction of the fine for the extra credits if this it the case it should not effect the company value

MuskOxFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (selling), Porsche Taycan
Occupation
Tech
Ummmm.. Rivian vehicles are much more reliable right? And their Service Centers are awesome too?

Hopefully people won't be spouting that kind of nonsense about Rivian s00n too, because honestly Rivian is not off to a stellar start including many non-forced errors.
I have mixed feelings about Rivian, but my Tesla has been a complete piece of crap. But somehow me stating that is a problem? It's foolish? What are you getting at?

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
You can order and still get under the cap with a quick delivery.
Windows say Jan-March so it's possible! Just didn't want to risk it and stress so jumped on existing inventory.

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Tesla 4680 cells and cast chassis updates are being produced now at improved margins. Pricing battle in China. Lucid struggles. Stay tuned.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I have mixed feelings about Rivian, but my Tesla has been a complete piece of crap. But somehow me stating that is a problem? It's foolish? What are you getting at?
In your original post- You made a general statement which by nature includes all their vehicles and Service Centers vs. "my Tesla was unreliable" and "my Tesla SC is awful".

To use your Tesla reasoning ("The cars are unreliable and Tesla service is terrible..")... Rivian vehicles are unreliable and Rivian Service is terrible. See how ridiculous that sounds?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
yeah it's strange that there are a lot o MY's at $55,990 which is just over the tax credit. I wonder why they just don't knock 1000 off on these.
7 seater is consider an SUV by the IRS and has an 80k limit, so maybe it's those?

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
7 seater is consider an SUV by the IRS and has an 80k limit, so maybe it's those?
no it's the 5 seats but these have color options and induction wheels which put them over the 55k

Last edited:

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
no it's the 5 seats but these have color options and induction wheels which put them over the 55k
Wonder if the Model S with jump seats is considered an SUV. That would've been a neat potential forcing function to drop prices on Model S! =P

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Just received my VIN for my Model Y and scheduled my delivery. Ordered on the 13th and now my delivery is scheduled for the 24th, 11 day turn around. Honestly I can’t see how the R1S we have on order is going to come to fruition when it’s ~45K more (I’m post march pricing) and we don’t need 3 rows, would just want them but not for 45K.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Just received my VIN for my Model Y and scheduled my delivery. Ordered on the 13th and now my delivery is scheduled for the 24th, 11 day turn around. Honestly I can’t see how the R1S we have on order is going to come to fruition when it’s ~45K more (I’m post march pricing) and we don’t need 3 rows, would just want them but not for 45K.
That’s an apple to orange comparison, the Y and Rivian aren’t remotely in the same category (luxury SUV vs budget compact SUV). That may be fine to a lot of people, but the quality difference is very evident. I don’t blame you though, the Y is a very nice car still.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That’s an apple to orange comparison, the Y and Rivian aren’t remotely in the same category (luxury SUV vs budget compact SUV). That may be fine to a lot of people, but the quality difference is very evident. I don’t blame you though, the Y is a very nice car still.
Totally agree with this. The Y is a great car, but it doesn’t have anywhere near the capability of a Rivian. If your use case is trips to the store and work, the Y is a great option. If you have any aspirations of venturing out on anything above a relatively smooth fire access road or tow anything significant, the Y is going to stumble there.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Totally agree with this. The Y is a great car, but it doesn’t have anywhere near the capability of a Rivian. If your use case is trips to the store and work, the Y is a great option. If you have any aspirations of venturing out on anything above a relatively smooth fire access road or tow anything significant, the Y is going to stumble there.
Yeah, we do 0 offroading so it fits our use case perfect. We go on road trips every other week of ~500 miles with our dogs and I'd much prefer them in the back of an SUV vs in the bed of a truck. I've only got 2 kids at the moment so I don't need the 3rd row. So for us in our use case, they are similar. I know the Rivian is going to be much nicer, no question. But again, ~45K nicer? I can't see how given I'll also have access to Tesla's supercharging network and won't have to deal with EA when going on our trips. I've never considered a Tesla and honestly never wanted one, but with that much of a price difference it's hard to compete with it for us

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Yeah, we do 0 offroading so it fits our use case perfect. We go on road trips every other week of ~500 miles with our dogs and I'd much prefer them in the back of an SUV vs in the bed of a truck. I've only got 2 kids at the moment so I don't need the 3rd row. So for us in our use case, they are similar. I know the Rivian is going to be much nicer, no question. But again, ~45K nicer? I can't see how given I'll also have access to Tesla's supercharging network and won't have to deal with EA when going on our trips. I've never considered a Tesla and honestly never wanted one, but with that much of a price difference it's hard to compete with it for us
Agree with this. Cybertruck is going to crush Rivian. Rivian will become boutique and barely survive.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Agree with this. Cybertruck is going to crush Rivian. Rivian will become boutique and barely survive.
How much does the Cybertruck cost?
Sponsored