First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Corvette Conv, 2002 Chevy Avalanche
Occupation
Retired
The Direct Current Engineering (DCE) rock sliders (https://www.weistec.com/rivian-rock-sliders.html) aka 'running boards' I now have on our R1T really make access much easier. They will have some effect on range since the added weight is 124 pounds and now the underside of the truck is less aerodynamic with the plastic panels removed. The top of the step is about one inch below the lowest part of the door seal.

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Direct Current Engineering rock sliders installed -- Initial review / feedback & photos RBoards1

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Direct Current Engineering rock sliders installed -- Initial review / feedback & photos RBoards2

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Direct Current Engineering rock sliders installed -- Initial review / feedback & photos RBoards3

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Direct Current Engineering rock sliders installed -- Initial review / feedback & photos RBoards4

Rivian R1T R1S DCE Direct Current Engineering rock sliders installed -- Initial review / feedback & photos RBoards5
Sponsored

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
would love to see more pictures of the underside, specifically the front and rear sections. thanks!

SilverII

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

DCE must be very proud to have their logo so big.

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
will they hold up as actual rock sliders? Your thoughts?

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
DCE must be very proud to have their logo so big.
I think it might have just been a packaging decal. In the whole truck pictures there's no logo. At least I hope that's the case, that big ugly logo would be a deal breaker for me.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think it might have just been a packaging decal. In the whole truck pictures there's no logo. At least I hope that's the case, that big ugly logo would be a deal breaker for me.
It's a mirror finish. You can't really see it in the full truck photos because it's reflecting the plastic trim, but there is a slightly lighter spot where the light is reflected onto the plastic panel where the logo is.

Actually, looks like it's a cutout on the product page. I definitely wouldn't want that design cutout there, looks flimsy as heck.
Rivian R1T R1S DCE Direct Current Engineering rock sliders installed -- Initial review / feedback & photos 1673970089703

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I think it's a cutout but looks like it is under the door sill when the doors are closed. I can live with that.

Sponsored

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
@Thedude There is a video in another thread on these, shows R1T slipping off rock and slider taking vehicle weight … so they are definitely real sliders. Also designed to be used as jacking points 😉

Reactions: DCE

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@Thedude There is a video in another thread on these, shows R1T slipping off rock and slider taking vehicle weight … so they are definitely real sliders. Also designed to be used as jacking points 😉
Until you slip off that rock right in front of the rear axle and smash the rockers.

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Is it possible to order them without the laser cut logo?
Max, the pictures above with the door open with a white background make the logo look very pronounced. The door actually covers a majority of the logo and in most angles is hidden as you can see on the first few pictures posted. Thank you for the input though and maybe well look at doing a stealth version in the future.
Sponsored