Sponsored

2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE!

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Our Regen is getting weaker and weaker as we drive as well. Battery level doesn’t seem to have any impact. Just the more we drive the car the more it doesn’t stop as expected (in high Regen) on multiple occasions I’ve had to start breaking, then suddenly with no warning regin will kick back into high and slam the vehicle to a stop well before the intended stop. It’s frustrating when you can’t anticipate the level of Regen that will be applied.
Sponsored

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
I’ve noticed this since the last update as well. Battery will be at 30% and after just a handful of regents from pulling off the pedal, it will suddenly loses significant reven capacity and require physical braking. Super strange. Hopefully just a bug that they can fix?
Our Regen is getting weaker and weaker as we drive as well. Battery level doesn’t seem to have any impact. Just the more we drive the car the more it doesn’t stop as expected (in high Regen) on multiple occasions I’ve had to start breaking, then suddenly with no warning regin will kick back into high and slam the vehicle to a stop well before the intended stop. It’s frustrating when you can’t anticipate the level of Regen that will be applied.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
When I first got the truck I was in love with how it automatically stopped and held at traffic lights. Solid.

In the past month--before this update--I was noticing how frequently I'd come up to a light and just let off the accelerator, and the truck would roll backwards on even the gentlest uneven ground. I've had to start applying the brake to get it to hold where I want it.

Haven't had enough driving with the new update to say if it feels different, but wanted to point out that it was already feeling sloppier to me before this update. Not sure if that's an age thing, or something that was introduced in a different update.
It happened with one of the updates. It makes it easier to modulate for slower speed things - like inching in the garage - where you might come to a split second stop/roll. Before it would be an abrupt lock and you had to make a decision on whether you're comfortable with hitting the accelerator to get it to disengage hill hold and possibly jumping forward into the wall.

I for one prefer it this way vs the previous way.

But the answer might be just what my Tesla seems to do. Hit the brake pedal again to disengage hill hold and allow rolling..

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Any word on what’s coming in the next update?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've been wondering the same, it seems late?
Holidays! I expect 6 weeks from the last patch instead of the usual 4.

LanikaiBlue

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC-90 T8
Occupation
Healthcare
FWIW I've been tracking (not quite struggling with) the limited regen for a while now, as I live up a very steep mountain road, such that the first 0.9 mile of my drive drops me about 600' in altitude, where I'd like to reclaim as much juice as possible.

There are three icons/messages when the limitation shows up:
  • "Regenerative braking is limited due to high battery charge" - which has included triggering once when I was at 72% in the past. Happens all the time at 85% charge.
  • "Acceleration and regenerative braking are reduced until the battery warms up" - which has happened for me at 43°F and lower temperatures.
  • No clear message or icon, just a belated "Regenerative braking reduced; use brake pedal to slow" message that shows up ~10 seconds AFTER I have to start using the brake to stay safe.
Consensus from a previous thread of mine discussing this was that it was just battery chemistry being unable to accept that much charge that fast...which makes sense, though it surprises me that I can drive for 30s+ of regeneration before this kicks in.
Another issue I've had with the notifications is their frequency. On my most recent trip to Tahoe the notification about limited acceleration and regen until the battery warms up (ambient temp low 40s) occurred about every 30-60 seconds for 30 minutes. It was actually quite annoying. I wish they would increase the timeout, or somehow make these icons less distracting.
Sponsored