Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
The other two main puck makers seem to be out of stock too. I like the idea of using a bottle jack so I am in. Well if I remember to check back in Feb I am in ;)

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
Dumb question...why would you need 4 pucks? are they used on a lift? if it's just a jack, don't folks usually just jack up 1 tire at a time? or are they put on blocks as each is jacked up? Sorry, not the handyiest guy.
Currently I don't have a spare or a jack in the truck, hoping I won't need one until I can get one in the gear shop. And when I do, the pucks are supposed to make the jack safer/easier?

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

Dumb question...why would you need 4 pucks? are they used on a lift? if it's just a jack, don't folks usually just jack up 1 tire at a time? or are they put on blocks as each is jacked up? Sorry, not the handyiest guy.
Currently I don't have a spare or a jack in the truck, hoping I won't need one until I can get one in the gear shop. And when I do, the pucks are supposed to make the jack safer/easier?
Yes for using it to lift the truck in a shop without removing the underside panels from what I understand

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
Yes for using it to lift the truck in a shop without removing the underside panels from what I understand
I got snow tires put on at a local shop, I wonder how they did it. I was afraid to ask.

Sponsored

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
For anyone hoping to save a few bucks, we're going to offer introductory pricing for all pre-orders. 15% off! The product page on electruck4x4.com has now been updated.

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
Ordered.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Dumb question #2: At home, how do you lift R1S to rotate the tires? All 4 sides up using 4 pucks and 4 bottle jacks or some other way?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Floor jack + jack stands. Rivian one’s coming s00n from Rennstand, though it seems like all things Rivian they’re taking FOREVER.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Dumb question #2: At home, how do you lift R1S to rotate the tires? All 4 sides up using 4 pucks and 4 bottle jacks or some other way?
I would never jack up the entire vehicle on bottle jacks, way to unstable and could fall.

When I rotate at home I usually do front to back on one side at a time, if you have a spare and want to rotate that in it is easy enough to do one side at a time as well. If doing some other 4 wheel pattern then for sure look for Jack stands to get the vehicle lifted in a safe stable manner.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
I would never jack up the entire vehicle on bottle jacks, way to unstable and could fall.

When I rotate at home I usually do front to back on one side at a time, if you have a spare and want to rotate that in it is easy enough to do one side at a time as well. If doing some other 4 wheel pattern then for sure look for Jack stands to get the vehicle lifted in a safe stable manner.
Agreed. Assuming you don’t have a lift, which most people don’t, I’d recommend a floor Jack and:

A. One wheel at a time.
B. 2 wheels at a time via a floor jack and a cross beam
C. Several wheels at a time via several floor jacks.

Regardless of the route, you should use a jack stand or floor jack brace.

Bottle jacks are great and all in a pinch, but they’re not super stable. They also generally require a block or spacer to reach a truck this tall.
FYI, if you’re unsure how to squeeze a traditional jack stand under an R1, the answer is to jack it up via the control arms.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I just don't understand why someone can't make jack pucks out of a cheaper material for a cheaper cost. Nothing against this product in particular but all of the existing options seem like fashion pieces and not simple, functional hunks of urethane or something. I can get 4 tesla pucks for $20 https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Model-Lifting-Jack-pad/dp/B07QR19NM9/
Give it time, before the Model 3 came out I paid for pucks that were in line with what we're paying now. Volume & more vendors helps drive prices down.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

FYI, if you’re unsure how to squeeze a traditional jack stand under an R1, the answer is to jack it up via the control arms.
Yes I was wondering about this. If using pucks, there’s no way to jack it up AND put a jack stand at that corner, enabling you to move the jack to the next corner. Unless both wheels on one side of the truck are lifted by jacking up one corner, I see no way to use jack stands.

Jacking up a Rivian via the control arms is a new idea that I hadn’t seen mentioned until now. I’ve done this many times on other cars, which were much lighter and didn’t have aluminum control arms. I’d be afraid to do it on the Rivian. I’d love to see pics or a video of this being done on a Rivian.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Yes I was wondering about this. If using pucks, there’s no way to jack it up AND put a jack stand at that corner, enabling you to move the jack to the next corner. Unless both wheels on one side of the truck are lifted by jacking up one corner, I see no way to use jack stands.

Jacking up a Rivian via the control arms is a new idea that I hadn’t seen mentioned until now. I’ve done this many times on other cars, which were much lighter and didn’t have aluminum control arms. I’d be afraid to do it on the Rivian. I’d love to see pics or a video of this being done on a Rivian.
I’m sure it’s not exactly in the factory service manual. That said, if the LCA shock mount can support the weight of the vehicle, it can…. Support the weight of the vehicle… It’s tricky given the steep angle of the front control arms, but definitely possible with the right floor jack.
Sponsored