First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Haha oh man I loved my elements but those doors drove me crazy. I thought it was hilarious to have to unbuckle your seatbelt to get the rear passenger out of the car. Every new person who rode in it would shut those doors in the wrong order making a terrible noise.
Overall I loved that thing, but that door situation was a major pain in the a$$!
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Some parts I love, some, not so much. Not loving the way the bed connects to the cab on the side and the thick dividing line between the two.

The suicide doors for a truck that they'll want to appeal to the masses, is just a bad idea. Pretty certain that won't make it to production. Hopefully can clean up the bed to cab lines to make them more invisible.

It looks very long, so that could knock out many of the "life style" truck buyers?

The front and from the rear of the cab forward looks pretty cool though.

And just noticed the lack of an instrument cluster behind the steering wheel. Sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. Had a Model 3 for a very short time. Hated it. The Cybertruck is off my list for the same reason. Pain in the arse having to look over to your right for things that should be just below your line of sight.

As cool as it looks, won't be on my shopping list.

As I look more, seems like they chopped out space out of the bed with the straight walls too, which are well inward from the bed fenders. Seems like a lot of lost bed space. Again, can't imagine that being appealing to those that need an actual truck for truck purposes.

That interior space though, is incredible! I had mentioned a while back that as cool as our gear tunnel is, I would have gladly sacrificed it if they could have utilized it for more interior space. Looks like Dodge did exactly that. Moved the rear window back just a little and made the space available to the interior.

Last edited:

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

Coming from a FJ, no more suicide doors for me. Other features look great too, if they make it out of concept. But, most importantly, what are the specs of those wheels!

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

This is the most innovative, creative, and aggressively ambitious truck design ever. So ambitious that we doubt that many of its features will make it to production anytime soon, if ever. But one thing that not even this outrageous concept dares to pretend to offer, is an OEM powered tonneau cover.

Just sayin.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

With 1MV and 1MW, Tesla will have the efficiency, range and charging. Unless RAM stuffs in 250kWh.

It's also a competition to see which EV pickup is less fugly … the RAM or the Clustertruck …
Ram EV and Tesla Cybertruck are both concept vehicles at this point, with features that may or may not make it to market.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This is the most innovative, creative, and aggressively ambitious truck design ever. So ambitious that we doubt that many of its features will make it to production anytime soon, if ever. But one thing that not even this outrageous concept dares to pretend to offer, is an OEM powered tonneau cover.

Just sayin.
Gonna be really difficult to offer a tonneau at all with a midgate system. The Hummer might have a power tonneau option, but the company that makes it has no plans for the other GM trucks, based on a conversation I had with an engineer that works on the Hummer cover.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Really like most of the design and features.
Let’s see what makes it to production.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I predict “Jan-Dec 2027” deliveries. Or S00N, whichever occurs first. YMMV. Force Majeure. Professional driver; do not attempt. Triple-speed attorney-speak at the end.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I predict “Jan-Dec 2027” deliveries. Or S00N, whichever occurs first. YMMV. Force Majeure. Professional driver; do not attempt. Triple-speed attorney-speak at the end.
Supposed plan is that the actual production design is a few months away, and they will start building in 2024. So you are probably right.

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
And just noticed the lack of an instrument cluster behind the steering wheel. Sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. Had a Model 3 for a very short time. Hated it. The Cybertruck is off my list for the same reason. Pain in the arse having to look over to your right for things that should be just below your line of sight.
Not disagreeing, but the diffference here is that the concept has a HUD. I had a Camaro with HUD and it was awesome. Not as good as a display in the cluster, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I had a robust HUD and no screen in the cluster IMO.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I really dig it over all. But I was expecting the production truck reveal not a concept. No battery specs, range, hp/torque disclosed. No reservations. Why show a concept then reveal the production model later in the same year. Just wait and show the production truck. Ram is just setting up buyers to be disappointed when the production truck is inevitably way different. Legacy oems have a history of production vehicles being nothing like the concepts. If this truck ends up close to what was shown by some miracle the msrp has to be over 150k 🤑

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

According to the Motor Trend article RAM has already acknowledged that the suicide doors are just for the concept and meant to help show off the interior. The production version will have normal doors.

To be honest...out of the big three (RAM, Ford, Chevy) I like this design the best. I do not need a full size truck so I'm not in the target market, but this seems like it could be a winner.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
The only thing I get out of this is that for all of the Rivian R1T ‘smart’ features, it has a really ‘dumb’ tailgate. Even the cheapest non-EV trucks have some functionality to their tailgate to make it easier to get into the bed but the Rivian has nothing. Obviously this Ram tailgate is a concept but seems like an area of focus to truck guys. Rivian needs to step up their game on the tailgate functionality.

PS: 1 point for the R1Ts goose-neck functionality.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Ram EV and Tesla Cybertruck are both concept vehicles at this point, with features that may or may not make it to market.
True. Though the CT is expected as a finished product in '23 and the RAM is a first look at a concept that will never go into production and is the basis for a vehicle that is expected to be produced in '24.
Different densities of vapor for now. : )

What I can't accept from RAM is deferring the REX till after they do a straight BEV … I just don't see the point whatsoever in coming to market with "yet another f-ing battery pickup" … in two years (?!) from now.

If they were unveiling a BEV REX to go into production in '23 or '24, I'd be interested.

But the unveiling of the BEV-only RAM and the quiet quitting of the Max Pack means I don't see myself ever buying another Rivian (and I'm not okay with that) or a RAM, and Ford has their next-gen Lightning, but who knows, maybe 2025, so that's too far out to matter, which could mean the only EV pickup game in 2023 will be a … Clustertruck … great specs … but … Tesla. : |

Anyway, the RAM BEV sans REX is no better than the damn Max Pack … once promised as a launch spec, now it's never going to be offered and in a year or two you can get something in a dual motor … "hey, I was going to plow your driveway after this storm, but I can't, so what I'll do instead is paint your back fence next summer, okay?"
Sponsored