First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
NGL those are definitely not my style but I'm glad they appear to work for you and I appreciate your valuable input.
Would love if someone put them on the R1S to see how they look, but would still love to just have a cheap pair of steelies for winter if those are ever an option.
These are by far the cheapest winter option lol
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
operating engineer
If I could get 4 of those for 100 bucks like the dodge wheels I’m in lol

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Has anyone who has done this (or put on any aftermarket wheels/tires) been into a service center after? If so, any issues/comments from Rivian?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

If I needed to go to the SC while the aftermarket wheels/snow tires were on, I’d probably wait until spring if possible or swap back to the factory wheels to avoid any BS from the SC. I realize that’s a PITA or in many cases not possible to easily do for many. But at this stage of the game I can see an SC blaming all manner of issues, especially anything suspension-related, on “those wheels”. :( That’s not 100% just a Rivian thing, I can see it as a point of contention at any dealer-run service department as a way to deflect blame. An indie’s not gonna care unless you’ve actually done something wrong in terms of fitment. But we won’t have any Rivian indies for a hwhile.

Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires 1672587140889

Last edited:

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I posted this question on the related thread at RivianStories but was curious for feedback here as well:

Question: I’ve never had to deal with hub-centric rings before. After driving on wheels with hub-centric rings for a season, is there a possibility that the ring doesn’t come off with the wheel & is “stuck” onto the hub when you go to change the wheel for the new season? Is it a good idea to use anti-seize on the hub before installing the wheels with the rings?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

They sold me OEM 20" rims for ~$625 / each. You should reach out to your local Service Center / service advisor, guide, and/or customer support.

Could you buy cheaper? Maybe... but as you have found out the options with right offset and weight rating are VERY limited right now. And do you really want to monkey around trying to make an aftermarket wheel fit to save maybe ~$2-300/ wheel and risk a potential service issue on your brand new $80K vehicle, for which you might end up on the hook for, and for which there's very limited availability on replacement parts...
how'd you get them so much cheaper than on the Rivian website? is it wheels only (no tires)?

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
If I needed to go to the SC while the aftermarket wheels/snow tires were on, I’d probably wait until spring if possible or swap back to the factory wheels to avoid any BS from the SC.
If I had a full set of Ram wheels, I'd do the same thing just to avoid the 100% guaranteed scolding and "you just voided xxx warranty" disclaimers that would forever be tied to my vehicle VIN.

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
operating engineer
It’s absolute insanity to think changing to a snow setup could/would void a warranty. Especially when initial reports were that the vehicles were incredibly dangerous. ON TOP of them not offering a purchasable snow setup directly from Rivian.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Sponsored

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires rainy chargin
5600 miles on this setup, matched overall OD, just plain works...

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
My dodge rims with Falken wildpeak A/TW3 tires were just delivered today. Excited to actually have some snow tires on this rig.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

So I ended up going the dodge wheel route, so far so good. Followed a guide by someone on a diff forum, ended up going with a 275/60/20 general grabber ATX. It’s a heavier tire so I’ll see how bad range gets. Fitment is good with zero rubbing, can kneel etc no problems. Road noise isn’t that bad, ride quality is good. This is coming from the 22s. TPMS sensors still a mixed bag, not sure they’re gonna work. They go in and out. Also not sure how to tell the vehicle I don’t want the tires at 48psi.. so I think I’ll be stuck living with the tire warning on.
did you go to a SC to have them update the vehicle software settings for 20s instead of 22s? i heard owners dont have access to change that and has to be done at SC.

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
operating engineer
So if you size the tire down 1 you don’t need to, it’s the exact same circumference as the 22. So nothing needs to be changed
Sponsored