Sponsored

Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Not too bad for new wheels. For reference I have about $2100 in my set of 5 with Nokian Outpost tires. That is including center caps, TPMS, hubcentric rings, and Cerakote.
Follow up....
Detroit Wheel and tire reached out to me to let me know that they do not have rivian TPMS sensors in stock so the tires will be shipped mounted and balanced without the sensors unfortunately. So I will just have to add those at a later time.
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Follow up....
Detroit Wheel and tire reached out to me to let me know that they do not have rivian TPMS sensors in stock so the tires will be shipped mounted and balanced without the sensors unfortunately. So I will just have to add those at a later time.
You would think they have a universal 433MHz sensor. Of course you would still need to have it programmed but at least you wouldn't have to unmount and remount tires.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
You would think they have a universal 433MHz sensor. Of course you would still need to have it programmed but at least you wouldn't have to unmount and remount tires.
unfortunately no such luck. Also would not give me a discount for not shipping with the tpms sadly.....

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
I am curious if anyone has put EV friendly 20 inch tires like the MICHELIN® PRIMACY™ ALL SEASON 275/55R20 or the Ion Evolution AS 275/50R20 XL to see if some of the range comes back compared to the AT tires?

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
So I ended up going the dodge wheel route, so far so good. Followed a guide by someone on a diff forum, ended up going with a 275/60/20 general grabber ATX. It’s a heavier tire so I’ll see how bad range gets. Fitment is good with zero rubbing, can kneel etc no problems. Road noise isn’t that bad, ride quality is good. This is coming from the 22s. TPMS sensors still a mixed bag, not sure they’re gonna work. They go in and out. Also not sure how to tell the vehicle I don’t want the tires at 48psi.. so I think I’ll be stuck living with the tire warning on.

Sponsored

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
They sold me OEM 20" rims for ~$625 / each. You should reach out to your local Service Center / service advisor, guide, and/or customer support.

Could you buy cheaper? Maybe... but as you have found out the options with right offset and weight rating are VERY limited right now. And do you really want to monkey around trying to make an aftermarket wheel fit to save maybe ~$2-300/ wheel and risk a potential service issue on your brand new $80K vehicle, for which you might end up on the hook for, and for which there's very limited availability on replacement parts...
Reached out to all of them and no go. They will only sell rims to replace damaged ones at this time is the message I got. Otherwise you have to buy the full package from the shop.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Has anyone had any clearance issues with the Dodge 2363 wheels & 275/60 tires? I just saw a report of fender rub in low setting & potholes on Rivianstories. I was all ready to do this, but…

OP
OP

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
I had a rub on a pothole in the lowest setting, but regular low is fine, no issues at all.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

NGL those are definitely not my style but I'm glad they appear to work for you and I appreciate your valuable input.
Would love if someone put them on the R1S to see how they look, but would still love to just have a cheap pair of steelies for winter if those are ever an option.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I had a rub on a pothole in the lowest setting, but regular low is fine, no issues at all.
The lowest I would probably go with snow tires is “low” when the truck auto-adjusts for highway speeds. If anything, I’d be in “high” for winter conditions.

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Has anyone had any clearance issues with the Dodge 2363 wheels & 275/60 tires? I just saw a report of fender rub in low setting & potholes on Rivianstories. I was all ready to do this, but…
Can confirm. I have the Dodge wheels with 275/60r20 Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus tires. There is a little fender rubbing when in Sport/Lowest setting. Happens when hitting a bump. Not severe and I don't think I would ever need that mode with these tires. I suspect that the rubbing is on the fender lip and I believe that it would be less pronounced if the offset were closer to factory.

Pics:

Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires tempImagetCoWXD

Rivian R1T R1S Random 20 Inch rims (cheap) for snow tires tempImageDiePlX

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

@joelster , do you use kneel mode & if so any issues going into/out of kneel?

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@joelster , do you use kneel mode & if so any issues going into/out of kneel?
I do not use kneel mode. I don't remember why now but it bugged me. I can't imagine there would be any issue but I will turn it on today and report back.