Sponsored

2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE!

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Experiencing regen issues after the update. While in all purpose mode with battery at 66% state of charge I’m getting numerous regen reduced alerts on my vehicle. Sorry for the poor video.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Experiencing regen issues after the update. While in all purpose mode with battery at 66% state of charge I’m getting numerous regen reduced alerts on my vehicle. Sorry for the poor video.
I've been getting this a lot recently on the old update if the truck is cool/cold. With it being really cold it flaps between high battery charge and cold battery warnings.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've been getting this a lot recently on the old update if the truck is cool/cold. With it being really cold it flaps between high battery charge and cold battery warnings.
Possible, I didn’t have any cold weather warnings pop up. It was 59 degrees while traveling to work. So not really that cold. I performed a hard reset on the vehicle. Let’s see if that helps.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Possible, I didn’t have any cold weather warnings pop up. It was 59 degrees while traveling to work. So not really that cold. I performed a hard reset on the vehicle. Let’s see if that helps.
What was it overnight? It takes a long time for the pack to heat up once it's cold, they have a lot of thermal mass.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Installed yesterday, range went from 205 to 206. Max range for each mode did not change (293, 270, 267).
What is the "Reset" button (bottom left corner) for on Drive Mode screen? In what scenario would I hit this?
If you change any of that mode's settings from the default, those changes persist. If you hit that Reset button, the drive mode goes back to how Rivian intended. Ie, if you set regen to Max in all-purpose mode, then the Reset button becomes available.

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What was it overnight? It takes a long time for the pack to heat up once it's cold, they have a lot of thermal mass.
Low said 48 and the vehicle was parked in a garage.

Dave711

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S,Tesla Model YP, Lexus SC430, Passat VR6
Clubs

Just felt less "squirrely" -- more confidence inspiring. Didn't have to be so ready to feather the accelerator pedal to prevent regen from locking wheels.
How does it feel on dry pavement? Does it feel like there is less regen being applied?

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Lol wut
Dampening rates did not change the amount of suspension travel.
Dampening rates absolutely affect bottoming out. Right now I bottom out on some dips on local freeways if on soft. On firm it doesn't. I am hoping for a soft that progressively gets firmer as the suspension comes closer to bottoming out. Rivians have high tech dampening tech but I am not sure how fast it makes adjustments though. Can it adjust during each stroke as fast as some of the newer shock tech like SDI E-Clik which samples movement at 250 times a second?

This is even more valuable as you hit the dirt. Give me soft, yet firm, with excellent bottoming out resistance.

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
Is anyone worried about how these rolling updates are going to go when Rivian really starts to deliver vehicles? As of now they have about 15-16,000 vehicles out (R1T+R1s) and these updates are taking several days. What will happen when they have several hundred thousand to millions of vehicles out there?
(And if he answer is to just get a bigger server, then why don't they do that now...)

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Dampening rates absolutely affect bottoming out. Right now I bottom out on some dips on local freeways if on soft. On firm it doesn't. I am hoping for a soft that progressively gets firmer as the suspension comes closer to bottoming out. Rivians have high tech dampening tech but I am not sure how fast it makes adjustments though. Can it adjust during each stroke as fast as some of the newer shock tech like SDI E-Clik which samples movement at 250 times a second?

This is even more valuable as you hit the dirt. Give me soft, yet firm, with excellent bottoming out resistance.
I have yet to bottom out the suspension even hitting some of the massive bumps and potholes in Seattle while riding in soft. I have 4 speed bumps on the way into my neighborhood that I have (a few times only) taken at ~60mph and didn't come close to bottoming out.

Maybe you should open a service ticket. Something isn't right.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Is anyone worried about how these rolling updates are going to go when Rivian really starts to deliver vehicles? As of now they have about 15-16,000 vehicles out (R1T+R1s) and these updates are taking several days. What will happen when they have several hundred thousand to millions of vehicles out there?
(And if he answer is to just get a bigger server, then why don't they do that now...)
The same thing as now, it'll take a couple days.

They'll always release to a 'beta' group first (that is probably not static but rather a rolling selection of vehicles with varying configurations) and then let that bake for a few days or a week. They'll get some bug reports, see if they can correct those, then decide if the update is ready for GA (general availability) or needs further refinement.

From there it's the same push of a button whether it's 10 trucks or 10 million trucks.

Last edited:

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I updated my R1S last night. As it happens we have a decent amount of snow in Seattle today (unusual) Took snow mode for a spin and it's definitely a winner. Much more gradual acceleration and much less aggressive regen. Overall well executed with significantly increased control especially for a first attempt. Note my car has 22"

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! 20221220_085601

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They run through AWS so their load show be dynamic where throughput can increase based on demand.

The rollouts are designed to be slower so recovery can be handled easier should they run into an unexpected/identified issue.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I have yet to bottom out the suspension even hitting some of the massive bumps and potholes in Seattle while riding in soft. I have 4 speed bumps on the way into my neighborhood that I have (a few times only) taken at ~60mph and didn't come close to bottoming out.

Maybe you should open a service ticket. Something isn't right.
I have discussed it with Rivian as well as some other owners. Seems to be normal for those types of dips at speed. Stiff handles them beautifully though.

I just initiated the update. Will be interesting to see if there is any change.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Been getting the same also. They need to tweak the error message Triggers.
Sponsored