First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Posted on another thread but I'm really happy with the Pisgah Pad as a super lightweight option for carrying a bike or two short distances. (For a proper road trip I'm usually using the bed for other stuff so I'll carry bikes on the crossbars or hitch with my 1UP rack, depending on whether I have my RTT on.)

For bonus points, you can slide a crossbar through the frame to lock it up.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T and Mountain Biking 1669218521752
Sponsored

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
I'm definitely going to use that cross bar idea.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Roadshower

I’m looking at adding a roadshower when I get my truck...
waterport makes a 5 galon one that has a hitchmount that could easily be modified to attach to the shuttle. I have one and it works great.
https://thewaterport.com/
At the risk of derailing this post, I'm super curious about these mounted shower ideas. Has anyone seen anything that includes a built in heater for the water that could run of the truck's outlets? Seems like a pretty dreamy setup for camping...
Our trailer has a propane water heater but during the winter we drain that system to prevent freeze damage - something like this could be a killer backup...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
At the risk of derailing this post, I'm super curious about these mounted shower ideas. Has anyone seen anything that includes a built in heater for the water that could run of the truck's outlets? Seems like a pretty dreamy setup for camping...
Our trailer has a propane water heater but during the winter we drain that system to prevent freeze damage - something like this could be a killer backup...
I haven't seen any proposed that plug in, but I know that site sponsor @BoxGods has released a concept for a solar powered roof rack with 12 gallon water tank/ shower. They will build it if there is enough interest. Not sure if there are any others.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Here is an option for portable shower (no mounting required): https://www.joolca.com/

Yakima has a roof mounted shower, but it could be a problem in freezing weather: https://explore.yakima.com/roadshower

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Rivian R1T R1S R1T and Mountain Biking MTB_Rivian1

I just do local rides these days, mainly in Deception Pass State Park. Gear goes in the tunnel, bike on the back. The old Thule goes on my wife's 2-door wrangler in a pinch.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was running a small electric water heater in the bed for being able to wash dishes and such, but it's only 2.3 gallons, which wouldn't be even close to enough for taking a shower. The real issue is it was designed for a system that was pressurized all the time and didn't need to be drained between uses.

After a few weeks between trips, we started getting some mildew growing in the system and I ended up just taking everything out. I still have to deal with the mildew issue, but it's turned me off having a trailer that has water in it for the same potential issues. It was absolutely great for washing dishes though.

If I do it again, I plan on being more careful about leaks and being able to set it up in such a way that we have a three stage filter for filling it up to prevent contamination from even getting into the system, and constant power and recycling for the heated water so we could still use it in sub-freezing weather.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
MTB_Rivian1.jpg

I just do local rides these days, mainly in Deception Pass State Park. Gear goes in the tunnel, bike on the back. The old Thule goes on my wife's 2-door wrangler in a pinch.
Hey Allan, I have the same rack. Haven’t tried mounting yet. Does it need a receiver extension?

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Hey Allan, I have the same rack. Haven’t tried mounting yet. Does it need a receiver extension?
No mods required. Works just like it did on my RAM 1500. It's a bit closer to the tailgate when folded but with enough margin to avoid any contact that could be generated on a rough road.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Put my one up usa hitch rack on. Thankfully I have a extender as the hitch is pretty well recessed under the truck.

Sponsored

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
I was running a small electric water heater in the bed for being able to wash dishes and such, but it's only 2.3 gallons, which wouldn't be even close to enough for taking a shower. The real issue is it was designed for a system that was pressurized all the time and didn't need to be drained between uses.

After a few weeks between trips, we started getting some mildew growing in the system and I ended up just taking everything out. I still have to deal with the mildew issue, but it's turned me off having a trailer that has water in it for the same potential issues. It was absolutely great for washing dishes though.

If I do it again, I plan on being more careful about leaks and being able to set it up in such a way that we have a three stage filter for filling it up to prevent contamination from even getting into the system, and constant power and recycling for the heated water so we could still use it in sub-freezing weather.
Some PPM bleach would help w that. In small doses, it shouldn’t be harmful and help delay or prevent mildew/mold/slime growth.

DavidP-R1TAdventures

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 1989 Alfa Romeo Spider
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I have ordered two Kuat Trio racks https://www.kuat.com/product/trio/
I have a Thule hitch mount but it’s a pain to take off and on. I have been using the Dakine pad since I got the truck but my gravel and road bikes just tip over and you lose bed space.

Sbraab

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '17 BMW 330 GT, '07 Audi A3
Clubs

Has anyone tried using the compressor to seat a tubeless tire? I'm trying to make some room in the garage and it would be great to move my 10 gallon compressor out of the garage.

Law

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The flow rate is slow, it would work better with a small air tank to fill from the R1T compressor and then to the bike tire.
Sponsored