onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Went a bit overzelaous off-roading and messed up alignment. Even though I have a service appointment in about 2 weeks I wanted to get it aligned sooner as not to prematurely wear tires because it was pretty bad. Truck was showing this error message

Rivian R1T R1S Had my R1T alignment fixed at independent 3rd party alignment shop (spec sheet attached) oikeqikl

Called few shops, found one that already did an alignment on another R1T. Cost me about $200 with tax.

Spec sheet

Rivian R1T R1S Had my R1T alignment fixed at independent 3rd party alignment shop (spec sheet attached) KtynnOvl

One of the reasons it was out of alignment :D

And yes they did alignment on all 5 suspension levels. There was a guy sitting in the truck all the time and another two working suspension.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Nice! I'd actually trust a 3rd party alignment shop more than Rivian at this point in their development. Too many owners have left Rivian SC with the truck still pulling, steering wheel wobbling, etc..

Flexia

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Part of the alignment procedure has to be re calibrating driver+. I would make sure they do that. If they do not it can lead to the vehicle driving out of lane when driver+ on. Very dangerous situation.

Rivian R1T R1S Had my R1T alignment fixed at independent 3rd party alignment shop (spec sheet attached) 8E2B2E1C-0B71-4699-ABE0-62446B3F817D

OP
OP
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Part of the alignment procedure has to be re calibrating driver+. I would make sure they do that. If they do not it can lead to the vehicle driving out of lane when driver+ on. Very dangerous situation.

8E2B2E1C-0B71-4699-ABE0-62446B3F817D.jpeg
I rarely if ever use D+ but I will let service center know, thanks for the info!

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
The Brooklyn service center learned how to do alignments sometime between May and last week. When I first got the truck in April the alignment was off. After an attempted alignment in May it came back exactly the same. Just got it back a week ago and it's pretty close to dead on.

Thanks for posting that video. Now I know the consequences of drift mode!

Last edited:

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Went a bit overzelaous off-roading and messed up alignment. Even though I have a service appointment in about 2 weeks I wanted to get it aligned sooner as not to prematurely wear tires because it was pretty bad. Truck was showing this error message

Called few shops, found one that already did an alignment on another R1T. Cost me about $200 with tax.

Spec sheet

One of the reasons it was out of alignment :D

And yes they did alignment on all 5 suspension levels. There was a guy sitting in the truck all the time and another two working suspension.
EPIC

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Is “ExpressAlign” the brand name of the rack/software that we should be asking 3d party shops if they use, since it seems like it’s Rivian-ready?

OP
OP
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Is “ExpressAlign” the brand name of the rack/software that we should be asking 3d party shops if they use, since it seems like it’s Rivian-ready?
It’s Hunter Engineering’s alignment software.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The Brooklyn service center learned how to do alignments sometime between May and last week. When I first got the truck in April the alignment was off. After an attempted alignment in May it came back exactly the same. Just got it back a week ago and it's pretty close to dead on.
They all did around that time. There was an update to their alignment programming system that properly equalizes the suspension so it's in the right on-road position and they aren't fighting the truck making adjustments itself as they adjust it.

OP
OP
onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

So just a quick update. Steering wheel is dead-on but the truck is still pretty sensitive to road curvature. It still likes to "pull" to the shoulder if there's ANY slope on the road (so 99% of roads). It drives dead-on for minutes at a time without holding steering wheel on concrete highways without any curvature. I'm thinking it's due to my 20" wheels since it's always been like that.

Also Driver+ works just fine. Overall I'm very happy and in the future will be using that shop instead of waiting for months and then driving 2+ hours to the damn Brooklyn SC.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I have mine booked in for alignment checking at the local Rivian SC as during the last snow storm the truck slid sideways into a high pavement with quite the bang and knocked the alignment out. For comparison they have quoted $240.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Curious - was your steering wheel like tilted one way or another to get it to drive straight before you got it aligned? Tire discounters quoted me 150 to align but another 500 for like this other thing they have to do for the safety things and stuff to not go off. With your post it seems like a simple alignment is possible.
Sponsored