First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Good stuff, I wish, like most of you, Rivian would stop being so damn secretive this close to launch.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Cool video. Looks like there are 4 buttons on the bed rails, two near the front of the bed on either side and two on the back of the bed, drivers side. Assuming two to open/close the tonneau. Never noticed buttons by the front of the bed before. Wonder which one opens the tailgate. Would expect three by the tailgate (tonneau open/close & tailgate)

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Cool video. Looks like there are 4 buttons on the bed rails, two near the front of the bed on either side and two on the back of the bed, drivers side. Assuming two to open/close the tonneau. Never noticed buttons by the front of the bed before. Wonder which one opens the tailgate. Would expect three by the tailgate (tonneau open/close & tailgate)

Wouldn't those be for the gear tunnel?

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Yes. Two near the front on either side to open the Gear Tunnel.

The 'double button' by the tailgate I'm assuming is to open and close the cover.

Still remains a mystery how you drop the tailgate.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Yep, completely forget about that. You're probably right.

Wonder what those dots are on the top of the tailgate. Almost looks like parking sensors they usually have in bumpers. Wonder if there are some sensors for if the bed is down but that seems like overkill (and too many). Probably just caps for bolts/screws. Hopefully they'll be color matched for production whatever purpose they end up serving.

Still unsure how that tailgate opens. Doesn't seem like there is enough room on that button panel for 3 buttons.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Looks like the video got taken down!! Gah.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Looks like the video got taken down!! Gah.
I saw all of it, wasn't too much just really neat drone footage, I wonder if Rivian requested them take it down :p

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
We are quickly approaching the point of dimishing returns where the desire for secrecy will work against Rivian.

Everyone knows R1T/R1S is coming. Everyone knows what it looks like. Everyone knows the most important features included. Hell, Tesla has probably made more than a few preorders!

It is time (and past time) to release more info. I get that secrecy is important to a product launch but we are past that point in my opinion.

Sponsored

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
We are quickly approaching the point of dimishing returns where the desire for secrecy will work against Rivian.

Everyone knows R1T/R1S is coming. Everyone knows what it looks like. Everyone knows the most important features included. Hell, Tesla has probably made more than a few preorders!

It is time (and past time) to release more info. I get that secrecy is important to a product launch but we are past that point in my opinion.
This 100%. Honestly Ford is owning the internet right now with all the Mach E stuff coming out and it's looking more and more attractive every day, and at a much lower price.

Rivian needs to realize this quick and get ahead of it.

Last edited:

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
No I missed it!!! I’m going to start downloading and saving copies.
Rivian R1T R1S Overhead (drone) and underbody video of a charging R1T 14F9A3F8-024B-4F38-86D0-5A4D9FBA67C9

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Yes. Two near the front on either side to open the Gear Tunnel.

The 'double button' by the tailgate I'm assuming is to open and close the cover.

Still remains a mystery how you drop the tailgate.
Garage doors only have one button to open/close. Why would the tonneau need two?
One button to open/close the tonneau and one button to open (and once upon a time we dreamed) to close it.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Garage doors only have one button to open/close. Why would the tonneau need two?
One button to open/close the tonneau and one button to open (and once upon a time we dreamed) to close it.
You could certainly be right.

I think you’d want more control than a garage door has, though, since there will be frequent times when you want it partially open.

My prediction is one to open, one to close, press both simultaneously to drop the tailgate.

Hopefully we find out soon!

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I feel like over the course of February we’ve seen a noticeable uptick in the number of videos/clips that Rivian/RJ have been releasing.

Now maybe I’m just being overly optimistic/naïve, but maybe they’re ramping up for some March info-dump?
Sponsored

Last edited: