Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
he told me that there was a lot of new updates and information that they were just not ready to release yet, but did say it shouldn't be too much longer as they were going through the final steps for release.
That's encouraging, and it can't come soon enough!
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That's encouraging, and it can't come soon enough!
Its funny you mention that it "appears to be holding back on the next big update". i had sent in an email last monday expressing that not only am I, but many people from the forums are also disappointed in the lack of communication from Rivian, not even 24 hours later i get a phone call from someone who appears to be in some sort of management role in the company informing me that my email has gone up the flag pole and has been sent to higher management personnel one of which was R.J. himself. he also tried to answer any questions i may have, said he would answer if they pertained to things he was "allowed" to answer on. he told me that there was a lot of new updates and information that they were just not ready to release yet, but did say it shouldn't be too much longer as they were going through the final steps for release.

I appreciate this, having 100% confirmed information vs publishing something that is somewhat incorrect and false is a better option. We live in a INSTANT/NOW society where people hate waiting and want instant gratification. Waiting for a big update that produces a much more substantial and defined/refined product information packet will show how they under promise (Or no Promise for this case) and over delivery (I hope this will be the case). Either way I can't wait and will be watching my screen and reading in fine detail.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I appreciate this, having 100% confirmed information vs publishing something that is somewhat incorrect and false is a better option. We live in a INSTANT/NOW society where people hate waiting and want instant gratification. Waiting for a big update that produces a much more substantial and defined/refined product information packet will show how they under promise (Or no Promise for this case) and over delivery (I hope this will be the case). Either way I can't wait and will be watching my screen and reading in fine detail.

Why is Michael Jackson eating Tide Pods?

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Its funny you mention that it "appears to be holding back on the next big update". i had sent in an email last monday expressing that not only am I, but many people from the forums are also disappointed in the lack of communication from Rivian, not even 24 hours later i get a phone call from someone who appears to be in some sort of management role in the company informing me that my email has gone up the flag pole and has been sent to higher management personnel one of which was R.J. himself. he also tried to answer any questions i may have, said he would answer if they pertained to things he was "allowed" to answer on. he told me that there was a lot of new updates and information that they were just not ready to release yet, but did say it shouldn't be too much longer as they were going through the final steps for release.
metalic5, Thanks for sharing your experience. Everyone is hungry for new information and your story adds solid context to what's going on and (hopefully) what we can expect soon.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
I wish someone would turn that music off in my head!

That catchy tune in the video is like flypaper on my brain cells.
Sponsored