Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

We all know deliveries will start in June. Does anybody know if Rivian will have a small stockpile by then to at least have a few hundred, (thousand?) R1T's ready for delivery? I know I'm in the early group, but I do not know my order number. (Nov 29th, 2018)
Also interested to know if the orders will be filled by area? In other words, the closer you are to the factory, will they be delivered first!
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Also interested to know if the orders will be filled by area? In other words, the closer you are to the factory, will they be delivered first!
Rivian has said that deliveries would be grouped based on area. Not sure that being near the factory will play into that plan... But it does make sense for one transport trailer to bring seven R1Ts to SoCal rather than 7 different states.

OP
OP
Whataboykie!

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Rivian has said that deliveries would be grouped based on area. Not sure that being near the factory will play into that plan... But it does make sense for one transport trailer to bring seven R1Ts to SoCal rather than 7 different states.
That does make sense, I'm in Pennsylvania and will gladly fly to the factory to pick mine up if this area does not have enough pre orders.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
That does make sense, I'm in Pennsylvania and will gladly fly to the factory to pick mine up if this area does not have enough pre orders.
Agreed, especially if they remove the delivery charge. Bonus- Tour the factory!

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I am 100% with you. I live in NJ and have no issue flying there (or anywhere) to pick it up and road trip it home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whataboykie!

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Yeah, I never thought about that! How much is the delivery charge and will they remove it if you pick yours up at the factory? A factory tour would certainly be a bonus.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Delivery charges are usually flat-rate, and there are costs associated with allowing factory pickups (staff to handle paper work and customer service, potential liability insurance costs, tours, etc). So I wouldn't be surprised if you still have to pay a delivery/destination charge even if they allow factory pickup.

OP
OP
Whataboykie!

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Delivery charges are usually flat-rate, and there are costs associated with allowing factory pickups (staff to handle paper work and customer service, potential liability insurance costs, tours, etc). So I wouldn't be surprised if you still have to pay a delivery/destination charge even if they allow factory pickup.
Yeah I'm afraid you're right. They spread the cost over all deliveries, otherwise deliveries to Alaska would be ridiculous.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Yeah, I never thought about that! How much is the delivery charge and will they remove it if you pick yours up at the factory? A factory tour would certainly be a bonus.
I doubt they will do that. For example if you want to pickup your Corvette at the factory/museum it costs extra.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery

Heh, until one R1T owner coughs in the factory and shuts it down for COVID and then there are no R1S. Factory tours wont happen for a while.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Nope... Not listening. I'm picking up my R1T next November on my birhday right after the engineering team gives me a walkthrough of all the R1's features and they waive the destination fee. Thats my story and everyone is stuck with it.

OP
OP
Whataboykie!

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Nope... Not listening. I'm picking up my R1T next November on my birhday right after the engineering team gives me a walkthrough of all the R1's features and they waive the destination fee. Thats my story and everyone is stuck with it.
Good luck with that!

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Exactly. After all, my reality is the only important one. :) (well, to me...)

Except my birthday is in December. :involve:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I doubt they will do that. For example if you want to pickup your Corvette at the factory/museum it costs extra.
A difference between the Corvette and the Rivian is that Chevrolet has a dealership network with a long established system for delivering vehicles to the dealer, generally with many other Vettes and/or other Chevy's, all on the same truck. Rivian's per vehicle delivery expense will likely be much more than it is per Chevy, so it would seem there's room to eliminate, or at least greatly reduce this fee for those willing to come to the factory for pickup (and a great tour). Keep in mind the LE package stated there will be something along the lines of a Special Delivery Option and my first day call to the center revealed a possible factory pickup/tour being made available, of course contingent on COVID being sufficiently under wraps before that could happen.

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Heh, until one R1T owner coughs in the factory and shuts it down for COVID and then there are no R1S. Factory tours wont happen for a while.
Agree for sure. I doubt at this piont they want a bunch of people touring the factory risking a shut down untill they are all vaccinated at least.
Sponsored