Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I assume you are happy with your rims then?

Second question: Were the rims plug and play or did you need custom hub centric rings?
Love the wheels. Look incredible, multiple options for colors. Variant is a great company and they build most all my Supra wheels as well. The wheels weigh less, look better and the fitment is better than OEM.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I guess that $3500 Rivian option has a little perspective now.
Sure does! I think over time there will be more affordable options. Just too early.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

The prototype (o-ring only) high lift version installed on my truck. Works, but an o-ring isn't perfect. In the worst case, you hold it in place while you put the jack under it. This version is 1.5" taller than the 1EV, so it can actually get the tire off the ground.

The video shows how version 1 clicks into place and while not perfect, it's close. This is the prototype high-lift version without the stackable hole in the bottom. All new versions of Rivian Style Jack Pucks are stackable and have a secondary solution to hold them in place.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Have to say, looking at these wheels again they are pretty nice. I'm happy with my Rivian ATs, but these look great with the launch green.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Yep, way to pricey for my tastes. Nice wheels, but certainly wouldn't be my first choice, in terms of styling for my own personal preferences. At that price, combined with the styling preference, I know my wallet is safe. I'll gladly find some $300 to $400 options that require hub-centric rings to get a look that better suits my personal preferences.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
I have a set of these that have been sitting in my garage for a few weeks. Waiting for Rivian to reprogram my car so my speedometer isn’t off. The quality is really great, can’t wait to actually get them on!
Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket 21" / 22" Variant Wheels for the R1T & R1S C7E49710-8F12-4796-9A48-CF3CC4681605

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
@CommodoreAmiga , I don't know if you saw the thread from @bkswede , but his MN service center would allow him to purchase an AT 20" Forged and included AT Scorpion Tire mounted for about $1200.
That’s a very, very good price for OEM(forged!) wheels. for any car

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

That’s a very, very good price for OEM(forged!) wheels. for any car
Forged OEM made in China at a cost of probably $350 with freight. Pretty good deal, for sure.

Rivian R1T R1S Aftermarket 21" / 22" Variant Wheels for the R1T & R1S IMG_20220330_160955

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Forged OEM made in China at a cost of probably $350 with freight. Pretty good deal, for sure.

IMG_20220330_160955.jpg
The OE forged wheels for my car are also made in China, and retail for more than the rivian ones.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

What I really want to see is a 24" wheel option.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I was going to buy Brand Xs pucks and drill out some material and then epoxy in magnets, but if you're working on taller with magnets I'll just order a set from you.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I'll make a separate post on Rivian Style Jack Pucks, but I think the o-ring versions are not the best solution, because Rivian hasn't done a great job on tolerances on the four (4) jack locations. Hole punch sizes lightly vary (big deal for o-ring) and the front two jack points have an extra .100" metal plate to compensate for which the rear two jacks points don't have.

I also have a version that is a little taller than the 1EV for those that want to use four (4) to rotate tires at any shop. Both the High Lift and regular pucks have a solution that is better for attachment to any R1T or R1S.

Rivian Jack Pad Blue.jpg
How much longer do I need to wait for these? The OEM spare kit with the o-ring doesn't even fit into my slot...

Need a beta tester? :)

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I was going to buy Brand Xs pucks and drill out some material and then epoxy in magnets, but if you're working on taller with magnets I'll just order a set from you.
I'm using coated NdFeB magnets and while this drives up the cost a bit, my target price for the slightly taller version is $50 each and $55 for the high lift version. My machine shop is shipping first batch of those with NdFeB magnets on Tuesday.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.