Sponsored

Received R1s First Mile Drive invite

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Hey all - anyone else receive invites? I received an invite last night for an R1s first mile drive. I am a longtime preorder LE r1s from early-mid 2019. When I opened there were only a handful of drives on one day, so I promptly booked. In metro NY Long Island area.

I had an R1t first mile drive what feels like eons ago - it blew me away and I posted about it on the forum. Just curious to see how broadly these are happening. I am Oct-Dec delivery window (was May to June before the reshuffle).
Sponsored

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
I'm surprised they are doing R1S 1st mile for those who already had an R1T 1st mile drive. Exciting. We have a Feb 2020 preorder for LE R1S. 1st Half 2023 delivery window. Curious if we will see another 1st mile.

Reactions: Guy

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

First I've heard of an R1S drive. Care to share a screenshot of your invite that specifies the model?

OP
OP

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
First I've heard of an R1S drive. Care to share a screenshot of your invite that specifies the model?
Haha - you want proof? Yes, once I figure out how to log into the forum from my phone I think it will be easier to post.

I didn't think about it when I was booking but only one day was available. If it helps, I think I am in the first few thousand orders for the SUV based upon the break down between Ts and S's and I am in an area on the east cost where T people got 'em very quickly but I have not seen post about an S being delivered (metro ny, about 18 miles from Bklyn service center).

OP
OP

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I'm surprised they are doing R1S 1st mile for those who already had an R1T 1st mile drive. Exciting. We have a Feb 2020 preorder for LE R1S. 1st Half 2023 delivery window. Curious if we will see another 1st mile.
I honestly think 1) they don't track it that closely; 2) I am probably pretty close to delivery at this point, in what was a quick delivery area for the T but for which I have not seen any S's - metro ny, close to the bklyn service center.

Sponsored

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Haha - you want proof? Yes, once I figure out how to log into the forum from my phone I think it will be easier to post.

I didn't think about it when I was booking but only one day was available. If it helps, I think I am in the first few thousand orders for the SUV based upon the break down between Ts and S's and I am in an area on the east cost where T people got 'em very quickly but I have not seen post about an S being delivered (metro ny, about 18 miles from Bklyn service center).
No worries. Confirmed it locally, I was just excited after only hearing about R1T First Miles (with many assuming it would be with an R1S as they ordered one) and wanted clarification but I hope you enjoy it and share your experiences here!

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

That’s pretty cool. I’d like to have a similar opportunity. 4/19 preorder so I'm guessing in a similar window as you (spring 19). Let’s see.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I've never actually touched a Rivian, and mine is on the truck right now on the way to my house. That's a first for me, having completely paid for a car I've only ever seen going the other direction on the freeway.

whagarbo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, Maverick X3 Max RR, R1S-TBD
I received invite for Plymouth, Michigan. I am 2.5 hours away but chatted with support this morning and they said its the closest location offering R1S. Chicago location is closer to me, but they only have R1T's for test drive. She was willing to switch me but we're making the trek!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I've never actually touched a Rivian, and mine is on the truck right now on the way to my house. That's a first for me, having completely paid for a car I've only ever seen going the other direction on the freeway.
You won't be disappointed

Sponsored

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
I reached out and asked if I can do a S first mile (I had a T one a few months ago). Was told their priority is making sure everyone drives a Rivian and not having people double up on drives since the ride is the same. However my interest in another drive would be noted on my account.

I told her I don't even want or need a drive necessarily, I just want to see, touch, and sit (in all 3 rows) in the specific model I'm purchasing... I wish they understood people needing to be sure the family vehicle actually works for their family.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I reached out and asked if I can do a S first mile (I had a T one a few months ago). Was told their priority is making sure everyone drives a Rivian and not having people double up on drives since the ride is the same. However my interest in another drive would be noted on my account.

I told her I don't even want or need a drive necessarily, I just want to see, touch, and sit (in all 3 rows) in the specific model I'm purchasing... I wish they understood people needing to be sure the family vehicle actually works for their family.
ive been asking for 7-8 months for a test drive but not a peep. OP has their your second lined up. i asked on FB to folks in the Seattle area and many of them had drives, some had 2 and some were given a second and turned it down. i highly doubt they are keeping track of this and if they are they really dont care enough to prioritze those who havent had a drive yet.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

A true adventure from the get go

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

ive been asking for 7-8 months for a test drive but not a peep. OP has their your second lined up. i asked on FB to folks in the Seattle area and many of them had drives, some had 2 and some were given a second and turned it down. i highly doubt they are keeping track of this and if they are they really dont care enough to prioritze those who havent had a drive yet.
R u contacting cs or sc?
Sponsored