Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

That guy is on here with those wheels he had a thread about them if I recall.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
$9k for 5 wheels. Ouch. I wonder if Rivian will end up being less expensive for OEM wheels?

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

$9k for 5 wheels. Ouch. I wonder if Rivian will end up being less expensive for OEM wheels?
Damn.. I forgot about the spare but I guess if I was buying a second set of 21s I wouldn't need a spare.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Yes, those are my wheels and I worked with Variant in Chandler,AZ. I've know the owner Robert for years as I've run a good sized performance business for 20+ years. I can save you a little in cost on the wheels, if you want to PM me directly.

https://www.suprastore.com/rifowhbyvafr.html

In regards to Jack Pucks for the R1T, I have designed and built two versions and will be selling them on my new business RivianStyle.com (coming online in a month or so). Version one of my Jack Puck (already designed, already built, now in production) is a High-Lift version, which you really need to change a tire yourself, as the 1EV product is too short for many floor jacks. It's $45 free shipping in the Lower 48.

I'll make a separate post on Rivian Style Jack Pucks, but I think the o-ring versions are not the best solution, because Rivian hasn't done a great job on tolerances on the four (4) jack locations. Hole punch sizes lightly vary (big deal for o-ring) and the front two jack points have an extra .100" metal plate to compensate for which the rear two jacks points don't have.

I also have a version that is a little taller than the 1EV for those that want to use four (4) to rotate tires at any shop. Both the High Lift and regular pucks have a solution that is better for attachment to any R1T or R1S.

variant rivian web.png

Rivian Jack Pad Blue.jpg
Magnets?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
In regards to Jack Pucks for the R1T, I have designed and built two versions and will be selling them on my new business RivianStyle.com (coming online in a month or so). Version one of my Jack Puck (already designed, already built, now in production) is a High-Lift version, which you really need to change a tire yourself, as the 1EV product is too short for many floor jacks. It's $45 free shipping in the Lower 48.

I also have a version that is a little taller than the 1EV for those that want to use four (4) to rotate tires at any shop. Both the High Lift and regular pucks have a solution that is better for attachment to any R1T or R1S.
Have you considered making a modular design so that one could have a set of 4 pucks for use with shops/lifts, but also an adapter that extends a puck for DIY use? Or do you think it's better to buy 5 pucks?

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yes, those are my wheels and I worked with Variant in Chandler,AZ. I've know the owner Robert for years as I've run a good sized performance business for 20+ years. I can save you a little in cost on the wheels, if you want to PM me directly.

https://www.suprastore.com/rifowhbyvafr.html

I'll make a separate post on Rivian Style Jack Pucks, but I think the o-ring versions are not the best solution, because Rivian hasn't done a great job on tolerances on the four (4) jack locations. Hole punch sizes lightly vary (big deal for o-ring) and the front two jack points have an extra .100" metal plate to compensate for which the rear two jacks points don't have.

variant rivian web.png

Rivian Jack Pad Blue.jpg
I assume you are happy with your rims then?

Second question: Were the rims plug and play or did you need custom hub centric rings?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
@CommodoreAmiga , I don't know if you saw the thread from @bkswede , but his MN service center would allow him to purchase an AT 20" Forged and included AT Scorpion Tire mounted for about $1200.
Deducting $400 for the value of the tire (according to TireRack) that's ~$800 a wheel, or $4,000 for a set of 5. Less than half of the aftermarket. Nice.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Have you considered making a modular design so that one could have a set of 4 pucks for use with shops/lifts, but also an adapter that extends a puck for DIY use? Or do you think it's better to buy 5 pucks?
What I love about this forum, is the combined brain power and creativity is through the roof. I can make anything that makes sense overall, so I'm open to ideas. Mine also have a hole in the bottom to stack them (already in place).

Thank you for your input! You're obviously one of the bright minds here!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.